Who are the better Endurance Athletes - NRL or AFL players?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Who are the better Endurance Athletes - NRL or AFL players?

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well we've heard it on here many a time - AFL players can run all day - the league players who played AFL didnt have the tank to run the full game etc.

So...I would like to make some discussion on the matter as I really dont think we've fleshed this out properly.

I for one am in agreement that the afl lads can trot till the cows come home. They can really jog at medium to three quarter pace quite well. I once had the privilege of going to a swans training session and watched Adam Goodes trotting round the SCG doing fartlek training at different paces and he just kept on going. It was pretty impressive to see him go.

But... endurance is a much broader concept than simply trotting. The dictionary defines endurance as:
the ability to endure an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way

With the literal definition at hand we can analyse thusly. Ahem. Sure RL players who have successfully converted and made it to the AFL have had problems running out the entire match. But...without seeing an afl player make the NRL we really cant see whether the afl lads have the endurance to hack out a RL match. I'd suggest most would struggle to endure the difficult process of being smashed to timbucktoo for 80minutes. In fact I think most would last much less time in a game and season than our RL to AFL converts have. Actually I'm deadset certain!

So its RL 1 - AFL 0 in regards to the match endurance required at the elite level of the opposite code.

Now lets look at the regular season.

RL 26 Rounds
AFL 23 Rounds

Add to this the fact that many rugby league players will also play extra games for city, country, state and national representative level. AFL players cant do this because...well, they cant :_<>
Additionally the AFL has a widdle west week before finals so the widdle pwayers can have some tea and scones on and talk about things such as fashion rather than pway footy on the weekend for a change after their hard long 23 round season. RL Players grit and bear it and head straight into finals without missing a beat.

So its RL 1 - AFL 0 in regards to the endurance required to complete the season successfully.

All in all on two counts of Endurance RL players are clearly more physically attuned to succeed in and endure both codes. Rugby League players are trained to endure a much longer season which includes representative matches for many many players.

All in all Rugby League wins 2 - 0.

:>::
Last edited by King-Eliagh on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Re: Who are the better Endurance Athletes - NRL or AFL players?

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cue response from afl laddettes which does not address the types of endurance i have presented, such is their inability... :lol:

xman wrote:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

And you statistics (GPS distance and speeds) to back up your assertions I presume? No.......oh well one man's pathetic attempt to put down another code. Very poor really!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

As per usual Eliagh you have NFI
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Swans4ever wrote:
And you statistics (GPS distance and speeds) to back up your assertions I presume? No.......oh well one man's pathetic attempt to put down another code. Very poor really!
Umm I've put up my stats. The numbers don't lie bro. Rugby league players play a longer season with numerous rep games. Several rugby league nrl players have played afl for entire seasons. No afl player has lasted ten minutes on a rugby league field. The images of afl players physiques in comparison to nrl players suggests they'd barely last ten minutes on the nrl field. That's bleeding obvious :lol:

If you want to debate against me you provide ur gps shmack and have a go for a change ya big pussy.

I've stood up and provided an argument, balls in your court.... Or you too scared to throw down with actual facts and arguments in this thread and would prefer ur usual piss in your pants and throw a few weakass comments as you run for the hills?

:cool:

Do pickup yer game swines. I'm making you look like a complete fool :lol:

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

KE slaying them with the truth .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
Umm I've put up my stats. The numbers don't lie bro. Rugby league players play a longer season with numerous rep games. Several rugby league nrl players have played afl for entire seasons. No afl player has lasted ten minutes on a rugby league field. The images of afl players physiques in comparison to nrl players suggests they'd barely last ten minutes on the nrl field. That's bleeding obvious :lol:

If you want to debate against me you provide ur gps shmack and have a go for a change ya big pussy.

I've stood up and provided an argument, balls in your court.... Or you too scared to throw down with actual facts and arguments in this thread and would prefer ur usual piss in your pants and throw a few weakass comments as you run for the hills?

You really have no idea
An afl game goes for longer, the playing field is much larger, the player runs all over the field during play and is responsible for an opponent.

The nrlol playing field is much smaller, and the players jog up and down it with the odd sprint

As proven with hunt and folau. The nrlol players are to slow, unfit, so stupid, to unskilled &do not have the endurance to play afl
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:

No you haven't - playing a longer season is not illustrative of anything soccer plays many more games than RL, basketball many more again, cricket, baseball the list goes on. Boxing you'd be lucky if you got one or two title fights a year but no one would dispute the athletic prowess of that sport. The major plank of your argument is absurd - what you say can't be backed up by statistics and you know it. I suggest you think KE before you post utter rubbish!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thanks for trying LIC :lol: But i already agreed with you in the OP bro
I for one am in agreement that the afl lads can trot till the cows come home.
:wink:

As for swines, I'll give you the facts again bro.

the literal meaning of Endurance is: the ability to endure an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way

Now the afl laddettes can trot but in terms of playing the entire game and making it in the opposite code we've had several NRL players who've succeeded quite handsomely at AFL and NEAFL level. They were able to endure the unpleasantness of trotting long distance on, as LIC said, a vewy vewy big gwound :lol:

On the flip side not one AFL player has done it in the NRL. Now you can dribble "thats because they wont get money in the NRL" all you like but the facts are the AFL laddettes would be smashed from pillar to post on a RL field. Their catwalkesque physiques tell us all we need to know. :)

RL players have also shown us in other examples that they have the endurance to "endure the unpleasantness or difficult process" of succeeding in Aussie Rules. I think it was in QLD where a group of schoolboy RL players weere selected to play AFL against another school who had an aussie rules team. Apparently the league boys flogged the pants off the afl boys at their own game :lol: I think AFLcrap1 linked that example a few years back :lol:

Look guys, sure, afl laddettes can trot good but if we look at the literal meaning of endurance RL players are streaks ahead of the ladyboys floppin around on the grass during afl matches. :lol: We all know it!

xman wrote:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Barry Spring, Ray Smith, Greg Bretnall, Adrain Barich, Ran Hooper, Josh Hall and Shem Tatupu say otherwise. Again your relying on unquantifiable statements (which are not facts) to reach a conclusion that can't be supported by evidence - a clear fail!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Who are those no names? what have they done.

Explain yerself swines, you're rambling on like a lost senile man on the bus.

Make it clear, please, please...just make it clear bro

xman wrote:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:

Look em up FIGJAM your the one making grandiose statements!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Swans4ever wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

:(/ that was hilarious!

I said "on the flip side not one afl player has done the same and endured matches in the nrl"

And swinesy boy comes with a list of anateurs from the 50s and sixties and a few young fellas who played league or Union during their youth, switched easily to marngrook during their teens and then returned to rl. :(/

This is an utter fail swinesy. An utter utter fail. But you have succeeded on one measure with the young men you mentioned. You've Provied even further that rugby league players are more able to switch codes and succeed in enduring marngrook footy at high levels.

You've, quite simply, proven my point further without even knowing it!!! :(/ :_<> :(/

I am absolutely smacking you down and rubbing your face in steaming cow turd right now! :(/

xman wrote:
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Thanks for trying LIC :lol: But i already agreed with you in the OP bro
I for one am in agreement that the afl lads can trot till the cows come home.
:wink:

As for swines, I'll give you the facts again bro.

the literal meaning of Endurance is: the ability to endure an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way

Now the afl laddettes can trot but in terms of playing the entire game and making it in the opposite code we've had several NRL players who've succeeded quite handsomely at AFL and NEAFL level. They were able to endure the unpleasantness of trotting long distance on, as LIC said, a vewy vewy big gwound :lol:

On the flip side not one AFL player has done it in the NRL. Now you can dribble "thats because they wont get money in the NRL" all you like but the facts are the AFL laddettes would be smashed from pillar to post on a RL field. Their catwalkesque physiques tell us all we need to know. :)

RL players have also shown us in other examples that they have the endurance to "endure the unpleasantness or difficult process" of succeeding in Aussie Rules. I think it was in QLD where a group of schoolboy RL players weere selected to play AFL against another school who had an aussie rules team. Apparently the league boys flogged the pants off the afl boys at their own game :lol: I think AFLcrap1 linked that example a few years back :lol:

Look guys, sure, afl laddettes can trot good but if we look at the literal meaning of endurance RL players are streaks ahead of the ladyboys floppin around on the grass during afl matches. :lol: We all know it!
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 1f8e0.html

you dont like beliving reality do you eliagh! just the pure distance an AFL player has to cover during a game. jogging and sprinting to the ball and to set up play, whilst being responsible for an opponent. the league player just plods up and down a a much

randam quick google search
The MCG arena measures 173.6 metres long x 148.3 metres wide from fence to fence (approximately 20,000 square metres in area). The boundary line is located five metres inside the fence.
http://www.colliepl.com/2013/09/things- ... t-the-mcg/

Now once upon a time all of this might have made sense. In the days of slower, less fit players and a heavy rugby ball, 7000 square metres would have seemed to be in the right ball park. But in the professional age the pitch has become smaller and smaller.
http://www.therugbysite.com/blog/news-o ... ze-matters

:(/ :(/
its a no wander hunt and folau looked so slow, unfit, unco & just lost
the NRLOL players are nothing but plodders
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

:(/ that was hilarious!

I said "on the flip side not one afl player has done the same and endured matches in the nrl"

And swinesy boy comes with a list of anateurs from the 50s and sixties and a few young fellas who played league or Union during their youth, switched easily to marngrook during their teens and then returned to rl. :(/

This is an utter fail swinesy. An utter utter fail. But you have succeeded on one measure with the young men you mentioned. You've Provied even further that rugby league players are more able to switch codes and succeed in enduring marngrook footy at high levels.

You've, quite simply, proven my point further without even knowing it!!! :(/ :_<> :(/

I am absolutely smacking you down and rubbing your face in steaming cow turd right now! :(/
You move the goal posts more than the MCG with AFL, SOO and an international challenge cup!!! Barich played for WC then for the Western Reds hardly an Amo you said NO ONE. Now your back peddling your a goose!