‘Staggering growth’ in Chinese AFL audience

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Re: ‘Staggering growth’ in Chinese AFL audience

Post by post_hoc »

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Pretty small fry to what Football gets in China, will be interesting how the new chinese owner of the Newcastle Jets will go, he is saying all the right things, and has a good football background with teams and sponsorship. I would be pretty happy if I was a Jets fan.
where did this Chinese owner come from?
any link for this ?
Swans beat me to it LOL

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... 2578,d.dGY

He has ownership of a chinese team and actually is the naming rights sponsor for the Portuguese 2nd Division

Ok Thanks for the Link

sounds like the A league has found a good owner.. with prospects.
Time will tell but on the surface looks very good, and he appears to be adaptable as well.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

post_hoc wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Pretty small fry to what Football gets in China, will be interesting how the new chinese owner of the Newcastle Jets will go, he is saying all the right things, and has a good football background with teams and sponsorship. I would be pretty happy if I was a Jets fan.
any link for this ?
Swans beat me to it LOL

He has ownership of a chinese team and actually is the naming rights sponsor for the Portuguese 2nd Division

Ok Thanks for the Link

Time will tell but on the surface looks very good, and he appears to be adaptable as well.
Private ownership maybe popular OS but it hasn't had the best reputation in Aus. Time will tell if this is another backward step or a blueprint for the future.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

yeh very true, the QLD ROAR DEAL doesn't seem to have went well.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Darren wrote:
Gee you AFL types here are nasty pieces of work here. The information came from a bloke who worked with Nielson ratings agency in Shanghai. I think he would have some idea.

And as he said it's not actually 2 mill people watching. To get that rating you only need 8 people in all of China watching the AFL due to the way they collate the information.
fuck off with your ratings crap!
you basement dwellers swear by the Australian ratings system even though it has small number of boxes for the Australian population & regularly reports errors!
then when it favors the AFL its apparently an unreliable source :wave:

same dribble as per usual from you flogs
positive NRLOL story all true
positive AFL story all lies
negative NRLOL story all lies
negative AFL story all true

there is a reason why your NRLOL has progressed at a snails pace over the last 50 odd years, yet its filled with buts buts & conspiracies why is hasnt :(/
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Swans4ever wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
any link for this ?
Swans beat me to it LOL

Ok Thanks for the Link

Private ownership maybe popular OS but it hasn't had the best reputation in Aus. Time will tell if this is another backward step or a blueprint for the future.
The A-League has such a great record when it comes to private ownership. Nathan Tinkler, Clive Palmer... 8-[
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
Darren wrote:
Gee you AFL types here are nasty pieces of work here. The information came from a bloke who worked with Nielson ratings agency in Shanghai. I think he would have some idea.

And as he said it's not actually 2 mill people watching. To get that rating you only need 8 people in all of China watching the AFL due to the way they collate the information.
you basement dwellers swear by the Australian ratings system even though it has small number of boxes for the Australian population & regularly reports errors!

there is a reason why your NRLOL has progressed at a snails pace over the last 50 odd years, yet its filled with buts buts & conspiracies why is hasnt :(/
Here you are again .ranting about rating boxes in Aust . Yet won't discuss your ratings box theory in the thread I created for you .

Keep running Gilligan you gutless flea .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Darren
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Waratahs

Post by Darren »

leagueiscrap wrote:
Darren wrote:

Mate, I think if a bloke worked for Nielson ratings in Shaghai he might have an idea. No schoolgirl yelling and screaming from you is gonna change that. You need to form a cogent argument rather than carrying on like a teenage schoolgirl screeching at the top of her voice!!!
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
Darren wrote:

Here you are again .ranting about rating boxes in Aust . Yet won't discuss your ratings box theory in the thread I created for you .

says captain deflector!
it gets discussed but you just rant and rave with irrelevant crap!

its funny how you question the ratings when it comes to the AFL, then are convinced how accurate they are for the NRLOL! keep contradicting your self spazza :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
Darren wrote:

says captain deflector!
it gets discussed but you just rant and rave with irrelevant crap!

its funny how you question the ratings when it comes to the AFL, then are convinced how accurate they are for the NRLOL! keep contradicting your self spazza :thumbleft:
No it doesn't get discussed .
You have run from the ratings box thread over & over .
You can't explain how you come up with some bizarro theory .

I will bump it again just for you .
Don't dog it this time .

As for Chinese ratings .
I read somewhere (BF I think) that 4 million is the percentage error .

Lol

When Aflol gets this for a few games ...not just one ...with not much proof
Then you can gloat .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think it has for two games?

Percentage errors i think work both ways. But yes, i would not read too much into the figures either.
Veni, vidi, vici
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

eelofwest wrote:
Sorry guys i had to post this for a laugh. In the comments section.

Simple solution : have your boys play AFL. I forbade my sons from the rugby codes, and they are now thriving in the much safer AFL environment. Furthermore, it is the worlds second most popular football league after Bundesliga. I have not regretted it.

Commenter
GWS Tragic of Blacktown
Date and time
June 12, 2016, 9:58AM

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union ... z4BK5yqa1i
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

:-k :-k :?> :?> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The rampant delusion of these fumblers is something to behold. =D> =D>
Just gets funnier and funnier. Heard another one that AFL clubs will be as well known as Manchester United one day. :lol: :lol:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
Sorry guys i had to post this for a laugh. In the comments section.

Simple solution : have your boys play AFL. I forbade my sons from the rugby codes, and they are now thriving in the much safer AFL environment. Furthermore, it is the worlds second most popular football league after Bundesliga. I have not regretted it.

Commenter
GWS Tragic of Blacktown
Date and time
June 12, 2016, 9:58AM

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union ... z4BK5yqa1i
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

:-k :-k :?> :?> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The rampant delusion of these fumblers is something to behold. =D> =D>
Just gets funnier and funnier. Heard another one that AFL clubs will be as well known as Manchester United one day. :lol: :lol:
in comparrassion to the Australian sporting landscape yes :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Newcastle Jets: Chinese owner Martin Lee hits the ground running at A-League club

Michael Parris
June 16, 2016, 11:28 a.m.

CHINESE businessman Martin Lee has hit the ground running after buying the Jets this week.

His Ledman Group representatives are already working on having the Jets youth team’s friendly against Shandong Luneng under-19s at Magic Park on Friday night streamed live to 100,000 subscribers of the company’s new sports app in China.

Ledman, of which Lee is chairman and majority shareholder, launched the 12th Man app in China last year, and he is clearly in a hurry to get the word out in his homeland that he has acquired an A-League club.

He has invited FFA boss David Gallop to talk about his investment in the A-League at a press conference in Beijing on July 6, his management team are working on a Chinese-language version of the Jets website and the Jets squad will tour China in August.

Lee and Gallop announced the Jets sale at Hunter Stadium on Tuesday morning. That evening the new owner was at West Wallsend’s chilly Johnston Park to watch the Emerging Jets under-16s beat Valentine 5-0 in a catch-up game.

He also toured Northern NSW Football’s Speers Point training centre, inspected the senior Jets’ practice grounds at Newcastle University and enjoyed a meal with his entourage at Paul’s Asian Affair at New Lambton before returning to China.

It might have been a whirlwind visit, but it came at the end of a seven-month negotiation to buy the club.

FFA sources said Ledman’s status as a publicly listed company meant the deal was subjected to “unprecedented” scrutiny for an A-League club purchase.

The governing body’s bean counters performed due diligence on Ledman, but the Chinese company also employed global professional services company Ernst & Young to conduct “reverse” due diligence on the finances of the Jets and the A-League.

The FFA is convinced Lee sees the Jets not as a plaything but as another component of the Ledman business empire.

The millionaire suggested on Tuesday that he was keen to leverage his investment in the Jets to the benefit of his other business interests, and one obvious avenue for him to do so is supplying LED screens into Australian sports stadiums.

It is understood Venues NSW hopes to move the 98-square-metre screen at Parramatta’s Pirtek Stadium, which is being redeveloped, to the northern end of Hunter Stadium, possibly before the 2017 NRL season.

But Hunter Stadium management could be interested in talking to Ledman about supplying the strips of electronic signage that front grandstands in other Australian venues.

Lee could also convince Chinese companies to sponsor the Jets, especially if the club achieves his aim of reaching the Asian Champions League in the next three years.

The Emerging Jets program is potentially another opportunity for Lee. A handful of Chinese clubs are awash with money, and Super League giants Guanghzou Evergrande recently spent $US185 million on a football school with 50 pitches for 2800 students.

The Chinese government has a stated aim of making China a football power in Asia, and relatively cheap access to an A-League youth program makes sense for Lee, who owns third-tier club Shenzhen Renren.

Friday’s game between the youth team and Shandong Luneng kicks off at 6pm (4pm China Standard Time).

Now that is real chinese investment
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Yawn......
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Swans4ever wrote:
Yawn......
Sounds like it's time for bed old man. They say AFL fans have one of the older demographic, gave a hot drink and off to bed old man.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685