Popularity of AFL and NRL clubs in Sydney

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: Popularity of AFL and NRL clubs in Sydney

Post by Xman »

Mal wrote:
Caitlan X.......Man. Pretty lame but but buts today pal. I really thought you'd come up with something more than that. You didn't answer the central question......I guess it was too hard for ya.

You still cling to the lie that RabbleFL out rates RL......but of course you don't count the GF, SOO, internationals or anything that in your idiocy isn't "apples for apples"....what a dill......LOLOLOL.
the central question is silly really. The AFL outrates the NRL by a small margin but outdraws it by the length of the straight. Together these show the AFL is far more popular.

Why NRL fans choose to stay at home or go shopping rather than attend games is anyones guess. You're a perfect example of their pea-hearted attitude. You'd rather go sailing than watch your favourite sport and team play live :(/
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Xman wrote:
Mal wrote:
Caitlan X.......Man. Pretty lame but but buts today pal. I really thought you'd come up with something more than that. You didn't answer the central question......I guess it was too hard for ya.

You still cling to the lie that RabbleFL out rates RL......but of course you don't count the GF, SOO, internationals or anything that in your idiocy isn't "apples for apples"....what a dill......LOLOLOL.
the central question is silly really. The AFL outrates the NRL by a small margin but outdraws it by the length of the straight. Together these show the AFL is far more popular.

Why NRL fans choose to stay at home or go shopping rather than attend games is anyones guess. You're a perfect example of their pea-hearted attitude. You'd rather go sailing than watch your favourite sport and team play live :(/
Yes because most nrlol fans are have sailing boats and use then each weekend in winter!

Hey moron mal, it's your lot using their usual but buts :wave:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Mal wrote:

You make no sense!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Mal wrote:

Just wondering what is agreed to. If we say afl v nrl and talk about averages who rates higher .. In australia. I have no idea and know there are all these different metrics and arguments and it is likely to lead to more debate from both sides ... But who rates higher in australia say, for home and away ... Average across the season?
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Mal wrote:
Wow Caitlan X.......Man.......are you a contortionist in the circus? You can twist and turn so much you must work for Ringling Bros.......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I have a question for you......I don't expect an honest answer....LOLOLOLOL. We all know RabbleFL gets crowds twice the size of RL. If crowd size is such a great indicator of popularity why dosen't RabbleFL get twice the TV ratings?? It seems to me they rate about the same although RL is up 30%+ this year.

Now there's something to get your spinning, obfuscating, contorting teeth into!!!!!!!!!!
2016NRLRatings_R9.png
2016NRLRatings_R9.png (114.41 KiB) Viewed 774 times
its down except in Adelaide and Perth on FTA :\:

crowds are people who paid for a seat to the game! your bumsniffing is only relevant on TV is thanks to the SL wars, that boosted its popularity! give it another decade it will have withered away & the stereotype bogan NRLOL fan will have moved on to far more interesting things. with its only mainstay fan will be keyboard bashes who still live in their parents basement
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Mal
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Wests Tigers

Post by Mal »

Leagueyboy........you're really showing gross stupidity with that post. Do you understand ratings???? Infact do you understand anything you poor bugger????........LOLOLOLOLOL.

I can't believe I have to explain this: NRL now has all FTA games simulcast with Fox. To get total viewership you have to add the two totals together.........read that very very slowly Leagueyboy........get your mum to help maybe......LOLOLOLOL.

When you add them together you get that little figure in the bottom right of your posted table.......get mum to point it out. It shows a 29% increase in rating figures for NRL this season. When all the figures are finally crunched it will be over 30%. That's the facts.

Now.......don't post back too quickly........I don't want you to make a further fool of yourself. Maybe get mum to check all your post's before you push the submit button.........there's a good boy!!!!
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Mal wrote:
Leagueyboy........you're really showing gross stupidity with that post. Do you understand ratings???? Infact do you understand anything you poor bugger????........LOLOLOLOLOL.

I can't believe I have to explain this: NRL now has all FTA games simulcast with Fox. To get total viewership you have to add the two totals together.........read that very very slowly Leagueyboy........get your mum to help maybe......LOLOLOLOL.

When you add them together you get that little figure in the bottom right of your posted table.......get mum to point it out. It shows a 29% increase in rating figures for NRL this season. When all the figures are finally crunched it will be over 30%. That's the facts.

Now.......don't post back too quickly........I don't want you to make a further fool of yourself. Maybe get mum to check all your post's before you push the submit button.........there's a good boy!!!!
you run out of meds again moron mal?

as the chart shows, the ratings are up on fox 11%
but down in shitney -17% brisbane -9% Melbourne-49% but up in Adelaide 226% & Perth 34%

Adeliade & Perth is where your making up the 29% from!

now lay of the ccordial untill your nurse get back with those meds :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
Thats a total guess though given Swans fans in Sydney would far more likely watch the game on Fox than Ch7.

Now, how the hell are you assuming 500k viewers are all supporters of one club?
Its common bloody sense!

At the very least club fans of a Canterbury/West/Parra whatever, are going to be way more than the 25 -30k given for Sydney viewers, watching a swans match. - And they wont all be Swans fans either.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Mal
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mal »

Dear oh dear Leaguey.....I did tell you to check with your Mum before sending........LOLOLOLOL....You really have trouble with numbers don't you. For Gods sake get someone to check the table with you!!!

The ratings are up 29% on the TOTAL compared to last year. The increase represents over 8.5 million viewers. Of those 230,000 can be attributed to Perth and Adelaide......a minuscule amount of the overall increase.

The 11% Fox increase is the average increase for each game not the TOTAL which is obvioulsy massively higher as they now simulcast all FTA games. Why Wookie has done it like that I don't know.

Now I don't expect you take this all in but for the sake of your sanity please get Mummy to explain it to you wery wery wery slowly.......LOLOLOLO
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
Thats a total guess though given Swans fans in Sydney would far more likely watch the game on Fox than Ch7.

Its common bloody sense!

At the very least club fans of a Canterbury/West/Parra whatever, are going to be way more than the 25 -30k given for Sydney viewers, watching a swans match. - And they wont all be Swans fans either.
Your full of BS how about you prove it!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

Question is how good are AFL crowds really?

Looking at the MCG, looking only at interstate teams

4 interstate teams have played there out of 15 games (so far pretty one sided)

The average of those 4 games are 36,000

Look at Broncos 5 games played at Suncorp 36,388 ie everyone of those are interstate, I have included the Cowboys game as Townsville to Brisbane is twice the distance as Adelaide to Melbourne. That game also included a Warriors game which is similar to Perth to Melbourne (but going through international airport.

So under those comparisons are the crowds at the 'great' MCG that good? Obviously local games draw bigger numbers but we are trying to claim both games are NATIONAL, so let's look at the National figures, and eliminate the local games.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

The figure is even worse when looking at Etihad, the average for interstate teams are 26,618

So yes, AFL have beigger local crowds but they suffer Nationally.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
Mal
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mal »

It looks like Leagueyboy's mummy has taken his puter away lest he continue to self lacerate. Good work Mrs Leagueyboy......LOLOLOL.

Which brings me to a deeper question: What is the problem with the rabble ball zealots on these threads? Are they all bald face liars or are they just really, really stupid?

We RL followers here try to stick to verifiable facts and common sense statements. The rabble ballers on the other hand just go feral with cussing and hissing fits, lying and obfuscation.

Take for example the current 30% increase in RL ratings: they just can't except it is happening the dills. They first deny it, then when shown indisputable facts, tell lies and distortions trying to explain it.

What is wrong with the culture of the rabble ball zealot?? Why the anger? Why the lies? The ones here have been discredited, their characters are flawed.

Can anyone explain the malaise????
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:

Its common bloody sense!

its stupidity. If all clubs had 400k supporters the 9 teams in Sydney would make a population of 3.6 million. Given the number of elderly, children, and people who dont follow sport or RL that figure just isnt realistic.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.