What does it take to make it to the top level of Marngrook footy?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

What does it take to make it to the top level of Marngrook footy?

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well folks, there's substantial evidence which tells us what it takes to make it to the top level of the so called Australian Football League.

Firstly we know it takes many a skinny kid living in the southern depths of australia years of real determination, practice, competition, more practice, training and learning through experience playing amongst other skinny kids from the southern depths of australia. Years and years of hard work it takes these southerners....and we must really applaud them for their efforts =D> I mean they try harder in life than the vast majority of southern hicks who frequent this forum.

ORRRRRRRRRR...what else does it take?

Well we know there's also substantial evidence that an NRL player with diddly squat marngrook experience can perform better than many of said skinny kids who've worked all their lives to make it :lol:

ORRRRRR

We also know that Irish Gaelic amateur footy players can make the cut and perform above the vast majority of aussie southerner players without even trying :lol: :lol:

ORRRRRRR

We also know that American Rugby players with no experience (or was mike pyke Canadian?) can absolutely romp it in and become a better contested marker than 99% of players who've come from southern aus and worked their guts out for more than two decades :lol: :lol: :lol:

ORRRRRR

We also know, as of last weekend, that an American gangly engineer college student/basketballer can make Eddie McRacist, president of the Collinwood team give us yet another example of an AFL supporter premmie ejaculation by saying he was, and i quote :lol:
Eddie McRacistchins wrote:
“Like everybody our eyes dropped to see where it was going and out came big Mason hands out and he got it.
“It was one of the great highlights that I’ve been involved with at the Pies, I just loved it when he nailed that kick. I jumped up like we won the flag I must admit.”
:(/ :_<> :(/

'Ave a read of this article folks.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/americ ... e08cc5699e

I know i've told yas all how little americans know about the afl from my recent field research there but the quotes from the yanks in this article, as well as eddie's are just damn funny reading.

So to reiterate the requirements to make it in the AFL are:

a) Southern ancestry, skinnyness and years of trying ur guts out.
b)Rugby League/NRL experience
c) Rugby Union experience at semi professional level
d) Amateur Gaelic rules experience
e) A combination of basketball and engineering studies.

:lol: because its true!

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: What does it take to make it to the top level of Marngrook footy?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

That's about it .
Players wanted ...No EXPERIENCE NECESSARY ..
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

If you can't kick straight or catch. That is pretty much is all it takes.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Lol so let's just ignore the failure of the two nrlols finest
Cart play afl hunt & Izzy the afl failure!
Given every opportunity to make the grade, bul failed so embarrassingly & so pathetically!
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

This thread a fail - a talented athlete will always be a talented athlete - plenty of ordinary RU players who couldn't make it in that sport seem to dominate RL. And the only 2 RL players who tried and were mediocre at best at AF have since because of experience become gods in RU. Also it depends on the position a ruck has a more specific role akin to a basketball tip off - AF player has skills akin to a NFL punter - RL has skills akin to NFL Linebacker etc etc
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Well folks, there's substantial evidence which tells us what it takes to make it to the top level of the so called Australian Football League.

Firstly we know it takes many a skinny kid living in the southern depths of australia years of real determination, practice, competition, more practice, training and learning through experience playing amongst other skinny kids from the southern depths of australia. Years and years of hard work it takes these southerners....and we must really applaud them for their efforts =D> I mean they try harder in life than the vast majority of southern hicks who frequent this forum.

ORRRRRRRRRR...what else does it take?

Well we know there's also substantial evidence that an NRL player with diddly squat marngrook experience can perform better than many of said skinny kids who've worked all their lives to make it :lol:

ORRRRRR

We also know that Irish Gaelic amateur footy players can make the cut and perform above the vast majority of aussie southerner players without even trying :lol: :lol:

ORRRRRRR

We also know that American Rugby players with no experience (or was mike pyke Canadian?) can absolutely romp it in and become a better contested marker than 99% of players who've come from southern aus and worked their guts out for more than two decades :lol: :lol: :lol:

ORRRRRR

We also know, as of last weekend, that an American gangly engineer college student/basketballer can make Eddie McRacist, president of the Collinwood team give us yet another example of an AFL supporter premmie ejaculation by saying he was, and i quote :lol:
Eddie McRacistchins wrote:
“Like everybody our eyes dropped to see where it was going and out came big Mason hands out and he got it.
“It was one of the great highlights that I’ve been involved with at the Pies, I just loved it when he nailed that kick. I jumped up like we won the flag I must admit.”
:(/ :_<> :(/

'Ave a read of this article folks.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/americ ... e08cc5699e

I know i've told yas all how little americans know about the afl from my recent field research there but the quotes from the yanks in this article, as well as eddie's are just damn funny reading.

So to reiterate the requirements to make it in the AFL are:

a) Southern ancestry, skinnyness and years of trying ur guts out.
b)Rugby League/NRL experience
c) Rugby Union experience at semi professional level
d) Amateur Gaelic rules experience
e) A combination of basketball and engineering studies.

:lol: because its true!

You very funny KE perhaps you should do a bit of research before you spew out your thoughts - Mike Pike Canadian - was rookie listed and spent years before made it so hardly walking straight in.
Mason Cox same situation
Gaelic footballers even playing a similar game still put in a lot of effort into certain skills to make it and there are plenty of examples of those who didn't. Lastly even if true I would see it as a plus not cross because if anyone can play our game it might convince to anyone to play our game - whereas if you have to be only one body type with a neck as thick as your shoulders and very little intelligence that would mean less and less will play that game more or less those from Campbelltown in Sydney - so good luck with that! :)))
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I like it when he said the afl ruckman "has a more specific role akin to a basketball tip off" :(/

Kinda sums up the general skillset well dont it?

No wonder any chump can pretty much walk into the game from another code.

If you can kick and catch, you're in!

If you are tall and thin and know how to do a basketball tip off, you're in...the ruck role :_<>

Thanks swines!

xman wrote:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I like it when he said the afl ruckman "has a more specific role akin to a basketball tip off" :(/

If you are tall and thin and know how to do a basketball tip off, you're in...the ruck role :_<>

Thanks swines!
Hahah ok KE no doubt you'll be strapping on the boots to represent the Swans next your because your certainly any chump! Hahaha
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Swans4ever wrote:
Hahah ok KE no doubt you'll be strapping on the boots to represent the Swans next your because your certainly any chump! Hahaha

Sheesh thats a shockin post there swines.. please redo ;)

xman wrote:
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Swans4ever wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Thanks swines!
next he will be claiming to have played footy with several of the swans players & they have invited him down for a training session :(/
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Swans4ever wrote:
This thread a fail - a talented athlete will always be a talented athlete - plenty of ordinary RU players who couldn't make it in that sport seem to dominate RL. And the only 2 RL players who tried and were mediocre at best at AF have since because of experience become gods in RU. Also it depends on the position a ruck has a more specific role akin to a basketball tip off - AF player has skills akin to a NFL punter - RL has skills akin to NFL Linebacker etc etc
When AFL get even one player good enough to make first grade Rugby League I will believe you.
So far AFL players all know they don't have the what is takes to go up against guys that do serious weight training.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
When AFL get even one player good enough to make first grade Rugby League I will believe you.
So far AFL players all know they don't have the what is takes to go up against guys that do serious weight training.
which AFL players have tried out to play RL?
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Swans4ever wrote:
why would an AFL player want to take up league? shit whinging bogan culture, be laughed at by his mates, take a pay cut, play in empty stadiums.....etc :-k
there is just no incentive :)))
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Swans4ever wrote:
So when Heatherly plays 1st grade for the Storm you'll have a problem.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wow, aliir aliir playing his first game of senior afl footy today. Aliir first picked up a sherrin when he was 14. A few years later and he was already playing in the neafl.

Even more proof that any athlete could play marngrook at the top level in Australia with minimal to no marngrook experience necessary! :lol:

Its just not that hard to make it to the top of that sport, admit it guys. :)

Ok I'll concede a little you do have to have good fitness and some athletic talent. Apart from that tho you're pretty much a shoe in!

Am I right or am I right!

Usain bolt'd go close to a brownlow with two years of kickin a sherrin under his belt :lol:

He'd get pounded to Timbuktu in club rugby league tho :lol:

xman wrote: