Rugby League?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: Rugby League?

Post by Xman »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Bullshit .
Read what he wrote .
his facts may not be correct but he has a point that the AFL is not ALL about money because they are prepared to take less to keep control of their fixture
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

& I highlighted where his facts were wrong ..as usual .

He is a liar ,who continuously posts crap .

It's impossible to have a debate with someone so far removed from reality .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
why doesnt the same thing happen with the cricket? Prime time sessions are always higher rating

Because there's a huge difference between A Grand Final and a farken cricket match! Stop waffling on with the same old but, but excuses. AFL should only be shown after midnight anyrate and only with a warning label.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
why doesnt the same thing happen with the cricket? Prime time sessions are always higher rating

Because there's a huge difference between A Grand Final and a farken cricket match! Stop waffling on with the same old but, but excuses. AFL should only be shown after midnight anyrate and only with a warning label.
For fans yes, for occasional views they will only tune in if home and watching the tv. That is far more likely to be in prime time, hence the name. The Aussie open tennis final went from afternoon to evening and changed from good ratings to one of the years best. Coincidence? Ahhh no.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:

For fans yes, for occasional views they will only tune in if home and watching the tv. That is far more likely to be in prime time, hence the name. The Aussie open tennis final went from afternoon to evening and changed from good ratings to one of the years best. Coincidence? Ahhh no.

Australia v NZ Anzac test match 2014 (Fri Night) - Sydney 530k, Brisbane 3245k
" " " " " 2015 (Sunday arvo) - Sydney 541k, Brisbane 319K

But, But, But :rock: :rock: :rock:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:

Australia v NZ Anzac test match 2014 (Fri Night) - Sydney 530k, Brisbane 3245k
" " " " " 2015 (Sunday arvo) - Sydney 541k, Brisbane 319K

But, But, But :rock: :rock: :rock:
1 example for a meaningless game only fans would probably watch

both the NRL and AFL evening finals outrated the finals played during the day. Coincidence?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

That's right, only fans. Put it on at night and those non fans would be watching the X factor or dumb and dumber 2 , if they lived in the Southern states, and in you're case would think that it was auto-biographical.

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
That's right, only fans. Put it on at night and those non fans would be watching the X factor or dumb and dumber 2 , if they lived in the Southern states, and in you're case would think that it was auto-biographical.
can you read? all AFL and NRL night finals outrated the day finals. Day home and away games are almost always the lower rating games. The evidence is irrefutable
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

lol .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
can you read? all AFL and NRL night finals outrated the day finals. Day home and away games are almost always the lower rating games. The evidence is irrefutable
No one is arguing that prime time doesn't rate better - usually :

Fri N - NRL - 754k 1 v 4
Sat N - NRL - 848k 2 v 3
Sat A - NRL -729k 6 v 7
Sun A - NRL - 736k 5 v 8

There is no real difference there and there certainly not Grand Finals.

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
No one is arguing that prime time doesn't rate better - usually :

Fri N - NRL - 754k 1 v 4
Sat N - NRL - 848k 2 v 3
Sat A - NRL -729k 6 v 7
Sun A - NRL - 736k 5 v 8

There is no real difference there and there certainly not Grand Finals.
why would a GF make a difference?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Your regurgitating the same old shit. You answered your own question a few post back. All these but, but excuses you keep coming up with is pathetic. Face it, Rugby Leagueruns rings around AFL for popularity.

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

If 40 yr old Elvis movies & antique road shows are taking viewers away from the fumble fest .
I can't see how it would rate much better up against top rating shows .

🤣
Xman wrote
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
If 40 yr old Elvis movies & antique road shows are taking viewers away from the fumble fest .
idiot. The AFL GF dominates the ratings for that session, claiming some 90% of the viewership. The fact is far less people are watching that session overall compared to prime time. The ratings figures prove it. If you added all the prime time shows ratings together you may get 6 million watching TV nation wide. Saturday afternoon would probably only get a typical audience of less than a million.
pussycat wrote:
Your regurgitating the same old shit. You answered your own question a few post back. All these but, but excuses you keep coming up with is pathetic. Face it, Rugby Leagueruns rings around AFL for popularity.
you do to. Your mistake is you use TV ratings alone to determine popularity, and only for a few games as well. If you're going to do that then tennis is the most popular game in Australia, along with the olympics. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... broadcasts

You ignore the fact that when the AFL and NRL have single games against each other in similar ratings times the AFL comes out ahead again and again
leagueiscrap
Banned
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Xman wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
idiot. The AFL GF dominates the ratings for that session, claiming some 90% of the viewership. The fact is far less people are watching that session overall compared to prime time. The ratings figures prove it. If you added all the prime time shows ratings together you may get 6 million watching TV nation wide. Saturday afternoon would probably only get a typical audience of less than a million.
pussycat wrote:
you do to. Your mistake is you use TV ratings alone to determine popularity, and only for a few games as well. If you're going to do that then tennis is the most popular game in Australia, along with the olympics. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... broadcasts

You ignore the fact that when the AFL and NRL have single games against each other in similar ratings times the AFL comes out ahead again and again
interesting stat on prime time vs non prime time a rough cost to place an ad on C7 & C9 in various time slots
c9 advertising.jpg
c9 advertising.jpg (52.1 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
c7 advertising.jpg
c7 advertising.jpg (57.6 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
https://www.savvysme.com.au/question/9- ... ising-cost
clearly shows that the difference between how much people watch tv between prime time and non prime time.
the NRL schedule its games around prime time whilst the AFL early saturday afternoons.
then who gets more in their broadcast deals easily the AFL :cheers: deals
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.