AFL Fans booing one of the best and fairest players ever to play the game out of the game

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

AFL Fans booing one of the best and fairest players ever to play the game out of the game

Post by King-Eliagh »

I just heard on Sydney's triple m's mark geyer and matty johns breakfast show that Goodes is considering early retirement.

Seriously, how fukked in the head are the thousands of racists booing goodes each week because they feel a bit precious when he stands so strongly against racism. And how pissweak is the new afl ceo? I mean, its like "look we cant say its racism but there might be racial undertones". Ah...hellooooo, mcfly? Anyone home? Hows go and grow a brain sound?

I'm sorry folks but people who boo someone for being an antiracism campaigner are racists in my book. Plain and simple.

:afro:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Pete_09
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Brisbane Lions
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL Fans booing one of the best and fairest players ever to play the game out of the game

Post by Pete_09 »

Its got nothing to do with racism. If it did every black player would get booed, which they dont.

Its to do with Adam Goodes just being a bit of a dick, most players who are dicks get booed & dont complain but because Adam Goodes is black & a bit of a dick then we are not allowed to boo him. What a joke. Everyone is equal in this world & the sooner u & Adam Goodes realise that the better
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: AFL Fans booing one of the best and fairest players ever to play the game out of the game

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Pete_09 wrote:
Its got nothing to do with racism. If it did every black player would get booed, which they dont.

Its to do with Adam Goodes just being a bit of a dick, most players who are dicks get booed & dont complain but because Adam Goodes is black & a bit of a dick then we are not allowed to boo him. What a joke. Everyone is equal in this world & the sooner u & Adam Goodes realise that the better

AGREED

Im sick of people playing the race card..

The reaction of people in Sydney are just sick of it and he is a Swans player

I wonder what people in Melbourne are saying..
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC

Post by AFLsforPussies »

AFL fans should move on from this bullying of Adam Goodes. He pointed out a 13 year old for being racist so what. Apparently this is the main reason he gets booed.

Funny how NRL has probably 4 times the amount of dark skinned players and you almost never hear about racial slurs. Like calling people Apes because they are dark.

I wonder how many of these people booing would do it if they were not behind a fence up in a stand and it was face to face instead. I bet none. Typical pussies.

No wonder AFL still remains an obscure unknown little one nation code despite being around as long as the rugby codes.

You can see the guy is hurting and upset. People should give the guy a break.
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

EARLIER: Radio personality Alan Jones has ripped into Adam Goodes, levelling some of the harshest criticism yet at the Sydney Swans star.
The 2GB shock jock, speaking on Sunrise, weighed into the debate over whether or not Goodes deserved to be constantly booed by AFL fans.
Jones denied the booing was race-related, saying fans still had not forgiven Goodes for “humiliating” a 13-year-old girl who hurled a racial slur at him in 2013. Jones said the way Goodes responded to being named Australian of the Year did not sit well with the public either.
“You know, the man is always a victim,” Jones said.
“Then he became Australian of the Year and tells us that we’re all racists. Every time he speaks, Australia is a racist nation.
“I mean, there are 71 indigenous players. They are in rugby league, they are in rugby union. They are everywhere. They’re playing tennis, and people don’t boo them. They’re booing Adam Goodes because they don’t like him and they don’t like his behaviour.”
According to Alan Jones, Adam Goodes always plays the victim.
According to Alan Jones, Adam Goodes always plays the victim. Source: Supplied
Goodes is said to be contemplating to hang up his boots over the saga that has dominated headlines.
According to Jones, that’s just “typical Adam Goodes”.
“They [the booing crowds] just don’t like the fellow. And Adam Goodes can fix all this by changing his behaviour. But what’s he say today? ‘Oh, I’m going to leave. I may have to resign. I can’t hack it.’
“Ask the little 13-year-old girl how she handled that. She was paraded over the national media as a person who really had to apologise.
“She wrote a letter and apologised. I mean, the poor little thing, 13 years of age, disabled mother. I mean, give me a break.
“The bloke’s a rich Australian athlete. He humiliated a 13-year-old girl who didn’t even know what she was saying, and the public haven’t forgotten it. Someone’s got to ask the question: why are they booing Adam Goodes and not the other 70 indigenous AFL players? Adam Goodes can fix this by changing his behaviour. He again today plays the victim.”
Channel 9 finance editor Ross Greenwood, meanwhile, openly admitted to booing Goodes — and said he would continue to do so.
Speaking on Today, Greenwood said: “I’ve booed Adam Goodes. I’ve booed Adam Goodes every time Richmond plays the Swans and the reason is I’m a diehard Richmond supporter. He stages for free kicks, I boo him.
“It’s going nothing to do with his race. It’s got nothing to do with me being a racist.
“I’m a football fan and therefore as a result if I see something not right on the football field I’ll boo him.
“That has got nothing to do with the colour of his skin.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/alan-j ... 7461693270

well there you go!
Adam Goodes is a flog, a diver & a campaigner on the football field, and has been hated for years!
if everyone were booing goodes for being aboriginal why aren't Jetta and Franklin booed for being indigenous or the rest of the aboriginal players in the league, hell how about the indigenous players who play any other sport in Australia why aren't the being booed! :thumbleft:

why just him? its definitely not for the colour of his skin
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLsforPussies wrote:
AFL fans should move on from this bullying of Adam Goodes. He pointed out a 13 year old for being racist so what. Apparently this is the main reason he gets booed.

Funny how NRL has probably 4 times the amount of dark skinned players and you almost never hear about racial slurs. Like calling people Apes because they are dark.

I wonder how many of these people booing would do it if they were not behind a fence up in a stand and it was face to face instead. I bet none. Typical pussies.

No wonder AFL still remains an obscure unknown little one nation code despite being around as long as the rugby codes.

You can see the guy is hurting and upset. People should give the guy a break.
for starters the NRLOL has stuff all fans!

people hating goodes has nothing to do with the colour of his skin, its because he is a whinging campaigner on the football field
why aren't the other indigenous in the AFL players being booed? or how about in every other team or individual sport! :thumbleft:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The wankers on talking footy say

" :?> =P~ If it was about goodes' skin colour then why aren't they booing Jetta or other aboriginal players" :blahblah: :blahblah: :[] :blahblah: :blahblah:

Ah newsflash dikk brains. It's never been about Goodes' skin colour it's about him standing up against racism. Those who stand against someone who stands up against racism by pulling up someone who calls aboriginal folk apes are, quite simply, primitive racists.

It's clear cut racism folks. The afl and its fans should be ashamed. But, seems many of em are too dumb to understand what's going on.

Got any more Alan Jones quotes adumb? :lol:

xman wrote:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Sadly, AFL supporters have a history of emphasising notions of “difference” by abusing Indigenous players. Yet it is only when Indigenous players refuse to accept such abuse and take a stand against it that the issue becomes highlighted and the players are criticised.
AT LEAST one AFL club recruiter has privately admitted to the league that he and his club would be unlikely to draft an indigenous player unless at least one parent were white.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yep a sad state of affairs. Personally I'd like goodes to play on and not give the ignoramus racists the potential to call him a sook. But it must be tough having thousands booing your acc week and minimal support from the governing body, the afl.

Unfortunately with a board who suggest michael long doesn't have the credentials to be a board member, it seems goodes' case was probably completely misunderstood and not properly addressed yest when goodes met with the CEO and players association head.

Woeful stuff.

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

pussycat wrote:
Sadly, AFL supporters have a history of emphasising notions of “difference” by abusing Indigenous players. Yet it is only when Indigenous players refuse to accept such abuse and take a stand against it that the issue becomes highlighted and the players are criticised.
AT LEAST one AFL club recruiter has privately admitted to the league that he and his club would be unlikely to draft an indigenous player unless at least one parent were white.
Racist ball .
Never fails to deliver .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC

Post by AFLsforPussies »

leagueiscrap wrote:
EARLIER: Radio personality Alan Jones has ripped into Adam Goodes, levelling some of the harshest criticism yet at the Sydney Swans star.
The 2GB shock jock, speaking on Sunrise, weighed into the debate over whether or not Goodes deserved to be constantly booed by AFL fans.
Jones denied the booing was race-related, saying fans still had not forgiven Goodes for “humiliating” a 13-year-old girl who hurled a racial slur at him in 2013. Jones said the way Goodes responded to being named Australian of the Year did not sit well with the public either.
“You know, the man is always a victim,” Jones said.
“Then he became Australian of the Year and tells us that we’re all racists. Every time he speaks, Australia is a racist nation.
“I mean, there are 71 indigenous players. They are in rugby league, they are in rugby union. They are everywhere. They’re playing tennis, and people don’t boo them. They’re booing Adam Goodes because they don’t like him and they don’t like his behaviour.”
According to Alan Jones, Adam Goodes always plays the victim.
According to Alan Jones, Adam Goodes always plays the victim. Source: Supplied
Goodes is said to be contemplating to hang up his boots over the saga that has dominated headlines.
According to Jones, that’s just “typical Adam Goodes”.
“They [the booing crowds] just don’t like the fellow. And Adam Goodes can fix all this by changing his behaviour. But what’s he say today? ‘Oh, I’m going to leave. I may have to resign. I can’t hack it.’
“Ask the little 13-year-old girl how she handled that. She was paraded over the national media as a person who really had to apologise.
“She wrote a letter and apologised. I mean, the poor little thing, 13 years of age, disabled mother. I mean, give me a break.
“The bloke’s a rich Australian athlete. He humiliated a 13-year-old girl who didn’t even know what she was saying, and the public haven’t forgotten it. Someone’s got to ask the question: why are they booing Adam Goodes and not the other 70 indigenous AFL players? Adam Goodes can fix this by changing his behaviour. He again today plays the victim.”
Channel 9 finance editor Ross Greenwood, meanwhile, openly admitted to booing Goodes — and said he would continue to do so.
Speaking on Today, Greenwood said: “I’ve booed Adam Goodes. I’ve booed Adam Goodes every time Richmond plays the Swans and the reason is I’m a diehard Richmond supporter. He stages for free kicks, I boo him.
“It’s going nothing to do with his race. It’s got nothing to do with me being a racist.
“I’m a football fan and therefore as a result if I see something not right on the football field I’ll boo him.
“That has got nothing to do with the colour of his skin.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/alan-j ... 7461693270

well there you go!
Adam Goodes is a flog, a diver & a campaigner on the football field, and has been hated for years!
if everyone were booing goodes for being aboriginal why aren't Jetta and Franklin booed for being indigenous or the rest of the aboriginal players in the league, hell how about the indigenous players who play any other sport in Australia why aren't the being booed! :thumbleft:

why just him? its definitely not for the colour of his skin
Alan seems as harsh as these AFL booers after reading that. No wonder he wants to quit.
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

Agree with KE on this one, the 'excuse' from AFL fanboys that booing Goodes isn't because he is black, because other Aboriginal players don't get booed is facetious.

Goodes gets booed because his is Aboriginal, who stands up and calls it out when it happens to him. He stuck his head up, identified who and when it was happening, and the other fans hate that because with him they can't get away with it.

I haven't been to an NRL game in years, but I don''t believe I ever heard much racial abuse, heard plenty of team abuse (Manly v Parra etc) stereotype abuse (dole bludgers, silvertails etc) but never racial.

I never hear it at Wanderers matches, either.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

ADAM GOODES

AUSTRALIA DAY SHOULD BE CALLED INVASION DAY!!!

AUSTRALIANS ARE ALL RACIST

and you guys are sticking up for this guy!

WOW OH MIGHTY!
Pete_09
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by Pete_09 »

I agree with you %100 leeroy NRL

The only racist here is Adam Goodes saying all those things & thinking he is above being booed cause he is black. We cant boo that guy cause he is black"!! To me that sounds racist. Everyone is equal, why does he think he is above everyone
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Pete_09 wrote:
I agree with you %100 leeroy NRL

The only racist here is Adam Goodes saying all those things & thinking he is above being booed cause he is black. We cant boo that guy cause he is black"!! To me that sounds racist. Everyone is equal, why does he think he is above everyone
I don't think we should single out just one bloke, regardless of skin colour. I think we should all band together and boo all AFL players.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys