How many clubs should the afl drop and why

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: How many clubs should the afl drop and why

Post by King-Eliagh »

No, ur simply deluded wooksy. The afl comp is lopsided to billio. And it's the blithering basketcases which need to go in order to fix it.

Just be honest wookie.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Fixture? :lol:

Dear lord!

Wooksy form is one thing, being a blithering basketcase is another. Put ur glasses on and use ur brain. The afl's expansion has failed big time.

I mean look at it this way. Do you think anyone who thought karmichael hunt and izzy folou would be good ideas could've had the brains to analyse whether this expansion could work? Let alone do the number crunching necessary?

You've had fools at the top management levels and they've bungled the whole comp big time wookster.

You know I'm right. :) deep down you do. Now just open up and admit it bro :)

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Fixture? :lol:

Dear lord!

Wooksy form is one thing, being a blithering basketcase is another. Put ur glasses on and use ur brain. The afl's expansion has failed big time.

I mean look at it this way. Do you think anyone who thought karmichael hunt and izzy folou would be good ideas could've had the brains to analyse whether this expansion could work? Let alone do the number crunching necessary?

You've had fools at the top management levels and they've bungled the whole comp big time wookster.

You know I'm right. :) deep down you do. Now just open up and admit it bro :)

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote:
You dont dump clubs because they are out of form, and most of the reason these clubs are losing money is due to AFl polcies. So as long as the AFL has the funds, and continues to screw the clubs around with the fixture, then the clubs should stay.
Seriously how long can these clubs (heartland) keep wallowing at the bottom of the table with no relief in sight due to afl house trying to ensure that the expansion clubs do well .

How fans of these clubs continue to follow a team in a comp where they are given no hope of success is mind boggling .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh dear wooksys a bit upset.

I'll be the bigger man and say wook, you make a good point about the afl's obsession with crowdsand ratings. But you're not seeing the big picture bro. The micro not the macro.

The afl's promotion for gws coming into the league was based on tapping into the 2million plus population out there along with developing a team of superstar youngsters. Gc was not much diff. In both locations they thought the teams would be sustainable within a shortish period of time and somehow thougt paying khunt and folou millions would equate to thousands of rl fans switching codes.

The result? Khunt and folou fuckoff with millions of afl $$$. The teams make no real inroads into developing strong support not converting rl fans. The teams play like shit. The youth on the teams end out not being as crash hot as afl hq thought and end up drawing significantly on afl player resources instead. Thus taking players that would have otherwise gone to clubs like melbs brissie and Carlton. To this day I can't believe, given the very low success rate of any draft lasting five years plus in the afl, that the fools at afl hq really thought the original gws youth team would turn out to be crash hot in three years. Unbelievable lack of foresight.

It's a fukking shambles. I agree with some of ur points wook but Open your eyes and see the big picture mate....or....waaaaaiiiit a minute!!! Do you work for the afl?

:lol:

xman wrote:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
We're not talking cwowds here adumb.
Huh, you mention level of interest in your OP. Why is it you never like to discuss AFL vs NRL crowds?

If any code should be dropping teams you'd think it would be the NRL considering just how pathetic their crowds and interest Australia wide is.
That is simply BS! I mention all the time, I love to talk about how Rugby League has drawn the largest crowd in the very heart of AFL land. -discuss discuss discuss :\: :rock: :rock: :rock:

You dont drop something that is the most popular sport in the Country ( ie watched by the most people.

................Typical Vichead.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC
Been liked: 0

Post by AFLsforPussies »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Oh dear wooksys a bit upset.

I'll be the bigger man and say wook, you make a good point about the afl's obsession with crowdsand ratings. But you're not seeing the big picture bro. The micro not the macro.

The afl's promotion for gws coming into the league was based on tapping into the 2million plus population out there along with developing a team of superstar youngsters. Gc was not much diff. In both locations they thought the teams would be sustainable within a shortish period of time and somehow thougt paying khunt and folou millions would equate to thousands of rl fans switching codes.

The result? Khunt and folou fuckoff with millions of afl $$$. The teams make no real inroads into developing strong support not converting rl fans. The teams play like shit. The youth on the teams end out not being as crash hot as afl hq thought and end up drawing significantly on afl player resources instead. Thus taking players that would have otherwise gone to clubs like melbs brissie and Carlton. To this day I can't believe, given the very low success rate of any draft lasting five years plus in the afl, that the fools at afl hq really thought the original gws youth team would turn out to be crash hot in three years. Unbelievable lack of foresight.

It's a fukking shambles. I agree with some of ur points wook but Open your eyes and see the big picture mate....or....waaaaaiiiit a minute!!! Do you work for the afl?

:lol:
Is phenomenal the amount of cash AFL is throwing at NSW and QLD.
Is in the hundreds of millions for those expansion clubs.
And then they still have long existing clubs like the Brisbane Lions in a lot of debt :lol:
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

its quite amazing. It's as tho the honchos down at afl hq have gotten together and gone

Andy d - "alright lads I'm leaving in a few years so how can we fukk this whole comp up big time to make the comp a shambles for my successor?"

"Hmmm well umm how's about we start by paying a couple of leaguies who can't play the game about 6 mil over a few years?"

Andy d - "Excellent point broderick! Fukkin awesome, that'll be 6mil plus down the drain and we'll also look as dumb as all fukk after its all done! Anyone else got some ideas?"

"How's about we put a whole team of snotty nosed weedy teens in to play against the men so gdubbyaes and gc get off to the shittiest start humanly possible?"

Andy d (as he fist pumps the air) - " fuuuukin ay jonty my man! 18 year olds with a rugby league player to boot against seasoned pros!!! It's gunna be hilarious! We'll be the laughing stock of pro sport worldwide! ...Well if anyone else in the world knew about us that is. Any other ideas???"

"How's about we give gdubbyaes and gc draft pick preferences so they get more snotty nosed teens who haven't proved emselves and doubly deprive our already deprived clubs of any opportunity of getting better?"

Andy d - "digby I always knew there was a reason I put you on the big bucks! Fukkin awesome mate! This comp'll be up shit creek without a paddle within five years. Great meeting boys, let's go downtown and eat some doughnuts :D "

Seriously, I can't see how they could've done worse. :)

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

King-Eliagh wrote:
its quite amazing. It's as tho the honchos down at afl hq have gotten together and gone

Andy d - "alright lads I'm leaving in a few years so how can we fukk this whole comp up big time to make the comp a shambles for my successor?"

"Hmmm well umm how's about we start by paying a couple of leaguies who can't play the game about 6 mil over a few years?"

Andy d - "Excellent point broderick! Fukkin awesome, that'll be 6mil plus down the drain and we'll also look as dumb as all fukk after its all done! Anyone else got some ideas?"

"How's about we put a whole team of snotty nosed weedy teens in to play against the men so gdubbyaes and gc get off to the shittiest start humanly possible?"

Andy d (as he fist pumps the air) - " fuuuukin ay jonty my man! 18 year olds with a rugby league player to boot against seasoned pros!!! It's gunna be hilarious! We'll be the laughing stock of pro sport worldwide! ...Well if anyone else in the world knew about us that is. Any other ideas???"

"How's about we give gdubbyaes and gc draft pick preferences so they get more snotty nosed teens who haven't proved emselves and doubly deprive our already deprived clubs of any opportunity of getting better?"

Andy d - "digby I always knew there was a reason I put you on the big bucks! Fukkin awesome mate! This comp'll be up shit creek without a paddle within five years. Great meeting boys, let's go downtown and eat some doughnuts :D "

Seriously, I can't see how they could've done worse. :)
:_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
=D> =D> =D> =D>

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

'D' got out, he was the rat leaving the sinking ship. Gil's more stubborn, he's going to go down with the ship.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yep .
Gil the dill doesn't seem to have the same power over the media that Vlad had .
Very little negativity ,or stories simply got buried when Vlad ruled with an iron fist .
The media seems far more open about Aflol problems now Gil is steering the good ship fumbleball .

🤣
Xman wrote
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: very true points lads! Very true :lol:

xman wrote:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

Hahaha funniest peice of shit opinion I have ever seen!!! You blokes really live in la la land!!! AFL attendances are up over last year, ratings, revenue, membership etc etc yet you would have us believe that their just about sunk - yet only 6000 bothered to turn out to an NRL match on the weekend, crowds are at their lowest in over 10 years! Very funny indeed, keep living in denial boys keep living in denial!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Swans4ever wrote:
Hahaha funniest peice of shit opinion I have ever seen!!! You blokes really live in la la land!!! AFL attendances are up over last year, ratings, revenue, membership etc etc yet you would have us believe that their just about sunk - yet only 6000 bothered to turn out to an NRL match on the weekend, crowds are at their lowest in over 10 years! Very funny indeed, keep living in denial boys keep living in denial!
basement dwellers :\:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
basement dwellers :\:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (17.59 KiB) Viewed 1647 times

🤣
Xman wrote