NRL's much-vaunted $50 million surplus for the financial year has been overstated by about $30 million.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: NRL's much-vaunted $50 million surplus for the financial year has been overstated by about $30 million.

Post by Beaussie »

The_Wookie wrote:
pussycat wrote:
David Smith has disputed/denied and discrepancy - ie. there crap.
yeah cause he is going to come straight out and say we fucked up before meeting the clubs or anything. As Ive said from the start though, I think people just havent read the damn report properly. Something pussycat can relate to then.
The NRL clubs are far from happy with Dave Smith and co. Revolt :<>

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nr ... 7364249374
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: NRL's much-vaunted $50 million surplus for the financial year has been overstated by about $30 million.

Post by pussycat »

Read past the first few lines , the buts buts and coulda shoulda , you'd swear it was an AFL newspaper.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yeah the banker and current rl leader is going to put his arse on the line and lie.

Only a fumbletard would think that.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

His figures were approved by the leading accounting firm in the country.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

The_Wookie wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
pussycat wrote:
yeah cause he is going to come straight out and say we fucked up before meeting the clubs or anything. As Ive said from the start though, I think people just havent read the damn report properly. Something pussycat can relate to then.

IF only this hadnt come out in Fairfax newpapers first right? Fuck me you guys have excuses.
it looks like the but buts are continueing on :lol:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
pussycat wrote:

IF only this hadnt come out in Fairfax newpapers first right? Fuck me you guys have excuses.
This is all just a media beat up. A few of the club bosses wanting a less reinvestment and a greater share of the profits. Eddy Mguire and co . go on about similar every second day.

leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
pussycat wrote:

This is all just a media beat up. A few of the club bosses wanting a less reinvestment and a greater share of the profits. Eddy Mguire and co . go on about similar every second day.
but but but......... :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= #-o

just give up pissycat
its the same old story. the NRLOL has been caught out fudging numbers to make it out to be bigger than what it really is :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

The_Wookie wrote:
pussycat wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
pussycat wrote:

exactly
the over stated profits of the usual fudging of the NRLOL
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

How does this affect the NRL future fund??? Isn't that money meant to be part of their future fund?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

The_Wookie wrote:
They havent done anything really. They release their information in a slightly different way, but it is still the same information.
so its a common acceptance now days for the NRL to release fudged figures constantly making out things are a lot more than what they really are :(/
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Another 50 mill in the back of the couch waiting for a rainy day to splurge, good stuff.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Another 50 mill in the back of the couch waiting for a rainy day to splurge, good stuff.
A leading accounting firm has been engaged to look over ASIC documents in relation to the NRL's financial position amid claims the trumpeted $50 million figure wasn't as impressive when exposed to greater scrutiny.

It's understood independent accountants have pored over the figures to reveal the surplus is about $20 million, a significant drop on the previous financial year. The figure doesn't include expenditure reinvested into the game and represents about a 6 per cent profit on turnover. The figures form part of a presentation that will be made to the clubs to gauge whether there is sufficient discontent to challenge the NRL over the issue.

From what it says here it's 20 mil less expenses - what those expenses and investments are could be anything! So no not 50 mil found down the back of the couch!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

So they are looking.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Worked out what that means yet?
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
So they are looking.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Worked out what that means yet?
Oh so if the NRL is telling those clubs independent of them there is an investigation into it your not concerned?? Ok Ozzie bury your head in the sand!
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

As I said before and I'll say it again, I'll take the word of the former banker and the head of the NRL over a bunch of wannabe types with an agenda of the likes of you and wookie.