The Melbourne Demons - the ugly picture behind afl 'expansion'

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

The Melbourne Demons - the ugly picture behind afl 'expansion'

Post by King-Eliagh »

FuuuuuUUUuuuck-in 'ell aye! :shock: :shock: Has anyone seen how those demons are travelling this season?

Answer? Shithouse. Like a shithouse Clive Palmer visited after being constipated and eating countless Chinese takeaways, daily lashings of blue cheese and evening quaffing of two bottles of his favourite merlot for three weeks.

Yep it's been that bad. 8-[

Basically, they're averaging less than two goals a quarter 50 points a game for 3 or 4 weeks running now. And oppositions are just demolishing em. By the end of the first half the shows well and truly over folks. It's shithouse viewing on tele and to be at the game, well that's to pay 20 bucks to sit and view clives three week deposit I talked about before.

And what's worse? This is normal. Yep it's the usual week in week out shalacking unless they play another basketcase side like brissie.

But why folks? What's the reason?

KE knows :cool: basically folks its ironically called "expansion" down at afl hq. They tore the heart and guts out of their comp and foundation clubs such as Melbs to say "hey look tv companies, we are in sydney and qld" "look how national we are". Prob is the expansion teams are either shithouse too or still calling for handouts from the afl!! :_<>

And what's it lead to? Well Melbs have tanked to high hell and still can't get a break. They've cheated lied and likely used performance enhancers too. For what? Nuttin.

Yep Melbs is the gutter trash that has resulted from afl expansion. They've cheated and lied and yet, the foundationbclub with the name of vfl heartland on their chests are worse entertainment than a bunch of lost drunken puppets on gameday. It's a bloody disgrace.

And once more, what's worse? There's about five other clubs who are no better off! :(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: The Melbourne Demons - the ugly picture behind afl 'expansion'

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yep been arguing with xman .
Heartland clubs struggle ,while pet projects in non AFLol states get extra $$$$$$ ...pick of the new stick insects .

What puzzles me is the fans accept this .
A compromised comp .

How can a fan of melb still follow the sport when he knows that the powers that be are making sure they have no fucking hope in hell of getting near a GF.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Yep been arguing with xman .
Heartland clubs struggle ,while pet projects in non AFLol states get extra $$$$$$ ...pick of the new stick insects .

What puzzles me is the fans accept this .
A compromised comp .

How can a fan of melb still follow the sport when he knows that the powers that be are making sure they have no fucking hope in hell of getting near a GF.
because your claims are pure BS.

- 2 of these 'non AFL state' project teams are struggling in the bottom 4, so clearly they are NOT benefiting at the expense of other teams!
- 3 of the top 4 teams, or 6 of the top 8 are AFL heartland teams, so clearly they arent struggling because of any favoritism to non AFL state 'projects'.
- draft concessions to the Suns and Giants finished two drafts ago
- Qld clubs get no extra cash in the salary cap
- Melbourne have had more 1st round draft picks in the last decade than just about any other team. Theyve just recruited incredibly poorly
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

What sort of coin from the afl did Melbs get wookie?

In my opinion Melbs and Carlton are suffering from the quality players being spread far too thin and wide. Too many teams in the comp and the cashed up clubs are gettin em all.

xman wrote:
Pete_09
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by Pete_09 »

KING you may be correct here. Expansion has been difficult on the struggling teams like you say.

Guess what the NRL are looking at doing in the next few years buddy, yep you guessed it EXPAND. So by then the AFL expansion problems will be over & the NRLs just beginning. Oh I bet u cant wait for the NRL to expand. HAHA
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Pete_09 wrote:
KING you may be correct here. Expansion has been difficult on the struggling teams like you say.

Guess what the NRL are looking at doing in the next few years buddy, yep you guessed it EXPAND. So by then the AFL expansion problems will be over & the NRLs just beginning. Oh I bet u cant wait for the NRL to expand. HAHA
NRL has talent coming from many places..
NEW ZEALAND PACIFIC ISLANDS AND ENGLAND

the NRL can afford 2 new teams.
as the NRL don't need as much players as the AFL teams do..
which across the board is a few hundred more. adding up team squads.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Good points leeroy and pete. Yes I'm a bit worried about the nrl expansion and they really oughtta consider the afl debacle as sonething to avoid. That said, I really can't see how it can be done in a dumber way and leeroy is dead right, the rl player pool is mammoth in comparison to the 98 odd% afl players who come from the southern most tips (both rubbish tip and end point tip meanings apply :lol:) of the continent ( that estimate ok wook or should I be banned for making an educated guess? :lol: )

So the nrl will likely be sweet as bro, sweet as.

Now wookie and Xman please take note of Pete's intelligent consideration of the facts of the situation. He's got cred that bloke, something the pair of you dearly need! :lol:

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Pete_09 wrote:

So by then the AFL expansion problems will be over
8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

its getting worse Pete you ol fumbling ****** you
worse

the vflol still has a basket case league & will for another decade at least
by then this bumbling atrocity will be dead in QLD
& just about dead in NSW

the Swines will have lost their leg up & be as broke as the Wions
the Midgets have no fans & will never have any
the Wions debt will have risen to 50 million 8-[
the Thuns will continue to be talked up .... but continue to deliver nothing :(/

enjoy :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol: