NRL Continue To Lead The Way !

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: NRL Continue To Lead The Way !

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yep they wouldn't shut up about how good their tv deal was compared to ours .
Wouldn't shut up about Every game live .

Now it seems to be an excuse .
Lol @ derp ballers .
But but but but.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
whos gonna watch a delayed game on their phone? Seriously, give up. You know the NRL have had far more games played and far more viewable live games. Of course they were going to end up with more watched!

How dumb are you, seriously!

Hey Xman your AFL tv ratings suck balls on Pay TV..

Xman'' thats because they overlap''

Hey xman your digital minutes viewed on digital platforms is far less then the NRL

Xman'' that's because they overlap''

Xman whos fault is that buddy? Why don't you shorten a AFL game to 80mins that way you will not have overlapping games? :lol: :lol:

Xman'' butbutbutbut'' :roll: :lol: :lol:
oi dickhead
go look and post up some state they are pretty even!
then add in the fact many of the AFL games are shown on both FTA and fox at the same time. :)))

the NRLOL are two rounds ahead
the AFL has more games on FTA each week than the NRLOL and many people don't have a foxtel subscription so use a tablet to watch their team play
add in all the evidence ive taken from wookies page with a LINK shows the AFL is years ahead of the NRLOL :cheers:

but, but but but but yes ignore the evidence & broadcast details
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

Post by eelofwest »

leagueiscrap wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:
whos gonna watch a delayed game on their phone? Seriously, give up. You know the NRL have had far more games played and far more viewable live games. Of course they were going to end up with more watched!

Hey xman your digital minutes viewed on digital platforms is far less then the NRL

Xman whos fault is that buddy? Why don't you shorten a AFL game to 80mins that way you will not have overlapping games? :lol: :lol:

oi dickhead
go look and post up some state they are pretty even!
then add in the fact many of the AFL games are shown on both FTA and fox at the same time. :)))

the NRLOL are two rounds ahead
the AFL has more games on FTA each week than the NRLOL and many people don't have a foxtel subscription so use a tablet to watch their team play
add in all the evidence ive taken from wookies page with a LINK shows the AFL is years ahead of the NRLOL :cheers:

but, but but but but yes ignore the evidence & broadcast details
Oi dickhead

you fumblers love to make excuses about the length of your game effecting your digital viewing numbers and your Pay TV numbers.

Whos fault is that douchbag?

Ill help you on this one, its the AFL's :wink:

Using an excuse that the AFL themselves created many years ago.................Pricless.. :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol:

Got anymore 100 year old lame excuses?.... :lol:
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Quite funny, the aflers all rave about how far ahead they were and like using old articles, yet they conveniently forget they had all their digital shit set up well over 12 months before the NRL did and in a matter of 18 months, the NRL has not only caught up, but is starting to leave its rival for dead.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Oh, and they are your supposed invisible people some on here rave about LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL nothing invisible when you have hard facts of people actually downloading stuff eh, I guess if there is a fall of TV ratings which I think is bs anyway seeing as Sunday is way up, we can add all these other people who are watching the footy on their apps.

Good stuff, should be a massive payday for the NRL next time. Maybe get enough to bail out the UAE RL president who was arrested for setting up RL in said country by the unionites.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
Xman wrote:

oi dickhead
go look and post up some state they are pretty even
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (21.35 KiB) Viewed 2169 times

🤣
Xman wrote
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

Post by eelofwest »

pussycat wrote:
Online Subscribers

Telstra now keeps the revenue from the tens of thousands of online subscribers who pay for AFL and NRL games delivered via apps and shares advertising on each league's websites.

It has experienced big growth in NRL and AFL streaming this year. In the current 2015 season 45 million minutes of AFL and NRL action has been viewed via Telstra mobile devices, 25 million of which has been rugby league.

In a new rights deal it could extend exclusive in-stadium offerings to customers to include newly-developed apps containing statistical and game data delivered via Wi-Fi, and insist only Telstra customers can access matches online.

http://www.afr.com/business/sport/telst ... ox?stb=twt

Digital is the future

One of the biggest surprise shifts to come from the new deal is associated with digital rights. As part of Nine’s deal it has secured the streaming rights, with no confirmation how this will impact the previously titled “digital rights”.

It comes as Telstra this week revealed growth in streaming of both AFL and NRL games which “increased by over 70 per cent and 100 per cent respectively in the past year”.

Nine boss David Gyngell has said the NRL deal is “transformational” because it enables “viewers to see the best of the NRL, live and free, four days per week, anywhere, on any device”.

http://theconversation.com/foxtel-boxed ... hold-46074

As you can see the RL's Growth in streaming has gone up %100 compared with the AFL's 70%

The gap with streaming for both codes is only going to grow.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Wait for it .

But but but but ..
Oh hold on ,most fumblers have gone MIA since the new deal was announced .

Lol .
It must be terrible to live in a propaganda bubble & then have it burst .
Lol

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

A 2020 vision: What the NRL will look like under the new television deal

Date August 14, 2015 - 8:16PM 43 reading now

NRL tackles free-to-air prime time

A clause in the new free-to-air deal with Channel Nine enabling the NRL to increase the size of the competition after 2018 is set to pave the way for a second Brisbane team to join the premiership.

While the $925 million deal was based on a 16-team competition, the possibility of a 17th team being admitted to the NRL during the term of the five-year contract was discussed in negotiations.

Movement in South-east Queensland: The Broncos and Titans are set to be joined by a new rival in their region.

Nine is known to be keen for another team to be based in Brisbane and there are a number of bids for new teams to play at Suncorp Stadium, while there is the possibility of Gold Coast Titans, who are owned by the NRL, or a Sydney club relocating.

The possibility of a second Brisbane team was just one of the many details of the new broadcast deal that helped provide an insight into the future of the game from 2018.

On-field

The game will be faster and feature more line breaks and tries under initiatives taken to reverse the trend of increasingly bigger players playing structured football. A reduction in the number of interchanges from 10 to eight has already been confirmed and that number is likely to be cut to six in coming seasons.

In addition, a shot clock will be introduced for scrums and goal line dropouts, while the video referees bunker is anticipated to cut the amount of time spent adjudicating on tries by about half. With fatigue set to have a greater impact in games, the average size of a lock is expected to revert to about 100kg as there will be more emphasis on endurance, and players in most positions will be smaller.

According to Champion Data, the average number of line breaks (7.85 per game) and tries (6.99 per game) this season have decreased from last year (8.0 line-breaks and 7.3 tries per game) but those statistics should return to about 2004 levels of 10.1 line breaks and 8.4 tries per game as playmakers take advantage of tiring defences.

Money

With the NRL hoping to obtain about $2 billion for the total broadcast rights, the salary cap is tipped to rise from $6.55 million this season and $7 million in 2017 to about $10 million in 2018.

However, a greater increase is expected in the amount of the NRL's annual grant to clubs, which is fixed at $7.1 million until the end of the current broadcast deal. Club bosses argue the grant should be $2 million more than total player payments, which comprises of salary caps for players at NRL, second tier ($440,000) and Under 20s ($300,000) - or about $12 million if the salary cap is $10 million.

Players will also demand a sizeable increase and Manly's $10 million, eight-year contract with Daly Cherry-Evans will soon look like a bargain after the first player signs a $2 million per year deal in coming seasons. The minimum wage is also set to rise from $80,000 to more than $100,000 but the number of players earning that amount will grow as the size of NRL squads increase from 25 players to 30 players, plus three rookies, with the scrapping of the Under 20s competition and new rules prohibiting clubs signing players under the age of 18.

Scheduling

The NRL will control scheduling from 2018 and that includes the pre-season and representative fixtures as well as the premiership. The Nines, All Stars and expanded World Club Series are now firmly entrenched in the pre-season calendar but expect sanctioned trial matches in places such as Fiji, Papua New Guinea and even Hawaii to promote development. The premiership will continue to be 24 rounds and matches will be played from Thursday night to Sunday night, with the NRL to determine the draw.

The standalone representative weekend will now be headlined by Origin II on a Sunday night, and may feature a New Zealand-England Test as well as Tests between the Pacific nations. Origin I and III will remain on Wednesday nights, with 17 days in between each game, and after returning to the MCG in 2018 one match from each series will be played at a neutral venue, possibly including Wembley.

The grand final could also be played outside Sydney for the first time after 2019 and will be preceded by the Australian Championship final between the winners of the Queensland and NSW Cup competitions, which may include regional teams such as Albury and a team from Fiji. A six-week international season at the end of the season will feature a trans-Tasman Test with the possibility of a three-Test series, as well as the Four Nations and World Cup spread over a four-year cycle.

Stadiums

Rebuilt and upgraded stadiums at Parramatta, Moore Park and Sydney Olympic Park will host most NRL and representatives matches, with Manly likely to continue playing out of a renovated Brookvale Oval. Details of construction to modernise Parramatta Stadium and increase capacity to 35,000 are expected to be announced soon, with the NSW Government considering proposals to construct a new 65,000 stadium adjacent to Allianz Stadium and re-develop ANZ Stadium. A new light rail service is expected to link Parramatta Stadium and ANZ Stadium, while the WestConnex project is predicted to halve travel times by road from the CBD to both venues. It is intended that other clubs, such as Wests Tigers, Penrith or Canterbury, would share the new Parramatta Stadium with the Eels.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z3iqC7VHbT
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

NRL owned Gold Coast Titans to relocate to Brisbane eh?

This apparently is NRL expansion. Laughable :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
NRL owned Gold Coast Titans to relocate to Brisbane eh?

This apparently is NRL expansion. Laughable :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Its a possibility, one of many but what about AFL expansion with Fitzroy; hypocrite!

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Poor Bea .
He should just give up posting .
Gets smacked around when he ventures into a thread .

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

If , if the NRL expansion was a simple case of relocation than it would be no different to the ARL' s expansion with Fitzroy. What happens next doesn't come into it. Whats the rush with expansion anyrate? the NRL don't want to make the same stuff ups the AFL has.