AFL Growth in Western Sydney

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

AFL Growth in Western Sydney

Post by Beaussie »

Don't take my word for it that the AFL continues to grow in western Sydney. Just listen to the whining from the Eels chairman.
Eels chairman Steve Sharp told The Daily Telegraph his club felt stranded as Parramatta fight AFL club GWS and the A-League’s Wanderers in Sydney’s west.

"Five years ago if you drive around Parramatta you wouldn’t see AFL posts in a school. Now we have 40 or 50 schools in our area that have AFL posts.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7329092213
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: AFL Growth in Western Sydney

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Tell me Mr gutless .
Why start another thread about WS when you ran from the one I started .
I posted sources.
You ignored that ,said your own version of things was more accurate & avoided anything that was said by afl volunteers in WS .
The people on the ground ,who have far more to do with the reality of the situation than you .
Weak as piss .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

This thread and comments from the Eels chairman are current, accurate and sourced. The rubbish you posted is just that... rubbish.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol .
You're weak as piss .
Can't handle the truth .
& you are full of shit .
It is a current thread on an AFL forum ,discussing the reality of what is happening in WS .
But you've dogged it .
If you care to show me what part is rubbish ,I'm willing to discuss it
Oh &
Are you calling ,Aflol junior coaches,club officials ,volunteers ,liars .
Shows just how far removed from reality you are

Keep running .
I will keep posting what was said

Here are a few more posts .

You could be excused for thinking that the AFL Western Sydney Development team were employed on an incentive basis .... by the NRL.

Growing the game in Western Sydney remains a key priority for the AFL...............

Really? That would explain why the GWS Giants are in bed with the Manly senior club then.

It means that their for the near future there will be no one from the south west representing the region at the highest level in Sydney which is sad for footy in general

AFL Sydney Fixtures already have a bye in Premier Division.

Just gotta shake my head in disbelief, the key to all this is the Junior's and their continued progress to senior local footy.
Clubs in the West are disappearing because the model forced on them is broken, and driven by the great AFL catchment divide.
Their single minded and deliberate destruction of the Bankstown Junior club was to ensure no more players from the West played in the Harbour comp. Like everything else they do it didn't work and the migration continues, they just have to travel further to reach a Harbour club. The reasoning being they had to stop the code being weakened out West, instead of focusing on the real problem which is the comp is too wide-spread.
Without a steady stream of kids coming through what hope has any club.

Juniors are already dead in campbelltown mug have been for years. The only strong juniour club in the area is camden.

Quote Originally Posted by radar oreilly View Post
Camden have also been approached. Sydney afl doing the rounds.
I wonder of the NSWAFL disclosed this, FFS the start of the season is five days away. Is there anything this bunch of bozos cannot completely stuff up.

In many ways Camden would be a better geographical fit and, no offence to Moorebank , but if you want that deep western Sydney presence then Campbelltown is the place for a major club to be based out of - it has the ground and the history. Moorebank to Campbelltown is well over 20kms, not a small trek.

On the other hand Moorebank as a club would seem the stronger of the two clubs (Camden and Moorebank) to make the step up. It could actually do more than harm to both clubs but Camden more so.

I actually suspect that is a desperate face saving expedition by the clowns at NSWAFL HQ as this the biggest of biggest own goals, especially when you throw in the GWS component. Many of the players will not want to make the trek to Moorebank and setting Camden up as an SFL club inb 5 days seems crazy.

And if the NSWAFL send in endless resources to make it happen then surely the answer needs to be, Where were you when Campbelltown needed you? (The same place when they nearly let Balmain die at the hands of one of their former employees)

Total respect to either club if they decide to take up the challenge but if I was a member I'd be telling the NSWAFL to go away and come back with a comprehensive plan for the region before they got member clubs to save their bacon. I'd be real careful with dealing with those snakes as they will throw you under the bus if they need to, never forget that

Whatever happens, Campbelltown Australian Football Club is dead for all intent and purposes and don't underestimate how hard it will be to resurrect the club - also expect to see the juniors virtually disappear now there is no SFL senior club in the area . The game is much poorer for then not being here - the likes of the Noacks, Russel Matheson (mad a a cut snake and later to be mayor), the Kershaws, Rod Podbury, the endless Premierships, the brave move to the ACTAFL (late NSWAFL payback here perhaps?)...

All because we have an administration in the NSWAFL and a head office via their handmaiden in GWS that are completely and utterly incompetent. NSWAFL Management hang your heads in shame and RIP Campbelltown AFC.

Juniors are already dead in campbelltown mug have been for years. The only strong juniour club in the area is camden.
Sorry to hear that. I guess I am showing my age but I remember not that long ago when they had a thriving junior comp of their own out there.

There are some real areas of growth in the game in Sydney at the moment - the Northern Breaches are really benefitting from finally having a SFL club and the likes of North Shore and Penno are adding teams that will ultimately make them stronger. Then there are the Unis and also Randwick/Maroubra.

The West, however, seems to have gone backwards since GWS came to town. It's something almost shameful when you consider their sponsorship of Manly. Btw I know a number of current Manly players and I can tell you that they absolutely HATE the "Giants" tag and pretty much everything that has come with it. They basically just try and ignore it, they still call themselves the Wolves even though their Pres pushed this dumb deal through and it has caused a LOT of angst at that club. The guys down there are a pretty tight unit though

I was very very critical of the GWS project from the beginning and I copped a bit of flak here early on but I always stated that they could turn me around by investing seriously in the game in their area. In fact they have done almost everything they could to alienate the people they should be supporting. It is insane and incredibly stupid.

if GWS are hated by the people in Western Sydney who actually play the game what chance do they have of ever being accepted and even loved in this city. They are just an irrelevance, people do not even care enough about them to hate them. Having Sheeds and him being a halfwit generated a bit of genuine dislike from me but even that has passed for me now. And has anyone ever been to a game out there, I'm sorry but seriously half the crowd seems a little special needs. Have you seen their "away" fans that are at the Melbourne games? I seriously reckon those guys get paid to travel down there by the AFL

They are just an embarrassment

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/ ... g-out-West

Here you go Bea ..
Have a read of the reality .
Stop burying your head in the sand .
Stop deflecting . -
Last edited by AFLcrap1 on Fri May 01, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Wookie ,merge this with my thread .
Already have a WS Aflol thread ,
Not my fault the head fumbler here has no Balls & his head wedged firmly up his arse.

🤣
Xman wrote
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Gee whiz, do you ever tire of trying to derail threads round here. :/;
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Sorry .
Is this thread about WS .
I posted information about the reality of WS .
Not my fault you don't like the truth .

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol .
You're weak as piss .
Can't handle the truth .
& you are full of shit .
It is a current thread on an AFL forum ,discussing the reality of what is happening in WS .
But you've dogged it .
Oh &

Keep running .

You could be excused for thinking that the AFL Western Sydney Development team were employed on an incentive basis .... by the NRL.

Growing the game in Western Sydney remains a key priority for the AFL...............

Really? That would explain why the GWS Giants are in bed with the Manly senior club then.

It means that their for the near future there will be no one from the south west representing the region at the highest level in Sydney which is sad for footy in general

Just gotta shake my head in disbelief, the key to all this is the Junior's and their continued progress to senior local footy.
Clubs in the West are disappearing because the model forced on them is broken, and driven by the great AFL catchment divide.
Their single minded and deliberate destruction of the Bankstown Junior club was to ensure no more players from the West played in the Harbour comp. Like everything else they do it didn't work and the migration continues, they just have to travel further to reach a Harbour club. The reasoning being they had to stop the code being weakened out West, instead of focusing on the real problem which is the comp is too wide-spread.

I wonder of the NSWAFL disclosed this, FFS the start of the season is five days away. Is there anything this bunch of bozos cannot completely stuff up.

In many ways Camden would be a better geographical fit and, no offence to Moorebank , but if you want that deep western Sydney presence then Campbelltown is the place for a major club to be based out of - it has the ground and the history. Moorebank to Campbelltown is well over 20kms, not a small trek.

On the other hand Moorebank as a club would seem the stronger of the two clubs (Camden and Moorebank) to make the step up. It could actually do more than harm to both clubs but Camden more so.

I actually suspect that is a desperate face saving expedition by the clowns at NSWAFL HQ as this the biggest of biggest own goals, especially when you throw in the GWS component. Many of the players will not want to make the trek to Moorebank and setting Camden up as an SFL club inb 5 days seems crazy.

And if the NSWAFL send in endless resources to make it happen then surely the answer needs to be, Where were you when Campbelltown needed you? (The same place when they nearly let Balmain die at the hands of one of their former employees)

Total respect to either club if they decide to take up the challenge but if I was a member I'd be telling the NSWAFL to go away and come back with a comprehensive plan for the region before they got member clubs to save their bacon. I'd be real careful with dealing with those snakes as they will throw you under the bus if they need to, never forget that

Whatever happens, Campbelltown Australian Football Club is dead for all intent and purposes and don't underestimate how hard it will be to resurrect the club - also expect to see the juniors virtually disappear now there is no SFL senior club in the area . The game is much poorer for then not being here - the likes of the Noacks, Russel Matheson (mad a a cut snake and later to be mayor), the Kershaws, Rod Podbury, the endless Premierships, the brave move to the ACTAFL (late NSWAFL payback here perhaps?)...

All because we have an administration in the NSWAFL and a head office via their handmaiden in GWS that are completely and utterly incompetent. NSWAFL Management hang your heads in shame and RIP Campbelltown AFC.

Sorry to hear that. I guess I am showing my age but I remember not that long ago when they had a thriving junior comp of their own out there.

There are some real areas of growth in the game in Sydney at the moment - the Northern Breaches are really benefitting from finally having a SFL club and the likes of North Shore and Penno are adding teams that will ultimately make them stronger. Then there are the Unis and also Randwick/Maroubra.

The West, however, seems to have gone backwards since GWS came to town. It's something almost shameful when you consider their sponsorship of Manly. Btw I know a number of current Manly players and I can tell you that they absolutely HATE the "Giants" tag and pretty much everything that has come with it. They basically just try and ignore it, they still call themselves the Wolves even though their Pres pushed this dumb deal through and it has caused a LOT of angst at that club. The guys down there are a pretty tight unit though

I was very very critical of the GWS project from the beginning and I copped a bit of flak here early on but I always stated that they could turn me around by investing seriously in the game in their area. In fact they have done almost everything they could to alienate the people they should be supporting. It is insane and incredibly stupid.

if GWS are hated by the people in Western Sydney who actually play the game what chance do they have of ever being accepted and even loved in this city. They are just an irrelevance, people do not even care enough about them to hate them. Having Sheeds and him being a halfwit generated a bit of genuine dislike from me but even that has passed for me now. And has anyone ever been to a game out there, I'm sorry but seriously half the crowd seems a little special needs. Have you seen their "away" fans that are at the Melbourne games? I seriously reckon those guys get paid to travel down there by the AFL

Here you go Bea ..
Stop deflecting . -
The irony in spazza calling some one to stop deflecting!

Just face the fact the league is dying in its own heartland! While the AFL goes from strength to strength
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

Doesnt matter how many councils the vfl... pay.. to have their posts put up on fields in western sydney

Nothing will be played on them
No one will watch anything played on them

K? :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

leagueiscrap wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol .
You're weak as piss .
Can't handle the truth .
& you are full of shit .
But you've dogged it .
Oh &

Keep running .

Here you go Bea ..
Stop deflecting . -
The irony in spazza calling some one to stop deflecting!

Just face the fact the league is dying in its own heartland! While the AFL goes from strength to strength
:_<> :(/ :lol:

Our resident metho guzzling fucktard has sobered up finally :lol:

Go to the membership thread & have a look at his efforts in there yesterday :(/
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

I don't think there is 40 fields for AFL in NSW / QLD put together.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Sorry .
Is this thread about WS .
I posted information about the reality of WS .
Not my fault you don't like the truth .
This thread demonstrates the Parramatta Eels for one, are concerned about the growth of the AFL in western Sydney.

Your thread contains mistruths and exaggerations from Swans fans who clearly have an axe to grind with the Giants and what they are doing in western Sydney.

To use your analogy, not my fault you don't like the truth.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
I don't think there is 40 fields for AFL in NSW / QLD put together.
Oh dear, could you flogs be any more dense? A NRL club chairman is what matters here.
"Five years ago if you drive around Parramatta you wouldn’t see AFL posts in a school. Now we have 40 or 50 schools in our area that have AFL posts.”
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

what he has stated is untrue.

he was exaggerating !!
I Live in the Hills District..
I could not even tell you where an AFL Field Is....
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
what he has stated is untrue.

he was exaggerating !!
I Live in the Hills District..
I could not even tell you where an AFL Field Is....
Sorry dude, but I'll believe what's reported from an NRL chairman over a RL troll. Just the way it is. :thumbleft: