Penrith Poke Group turn to the power to grow their business

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Penrith Poke Group turn to the power to grow their business

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFL supporting Port Adelaide's decision to align themselves with NRL's Penrith Panthers

Despite a long-standing tradition of rivalry between Australian football and rugby league, the AFL have backed Port Adelaide's decision to align themselves with NRL club Penrith.

Fairfax Media revealed on Thursday that Port and the Panthers had formed an informal alliance over the past few months that will lead to the clubs sharing information, skills and knowledge to provide benefits both on and off the field.

While the AFL and NRL were previously unaware of the private negotiations between the clubs, the AFL has leapt to support the newly forged marriage between the cross-code rivals.

Fact-finding mission: Penrith coach Ivan Cleary will tour Port Adelaide's set-up.
Fact-finding mission: Penrith coach Ivan Cleary will tour Port Adelaide's set-up. Photo: Getty Images
"The AFL has no concerns with Port Adelaide having an information-sharing exchange between senior staff at their club and Penrith, both for football staff and administrative staff," AFL spokesperson Patrick Keane said.

"Over the last decade, most of our clubs have sought to travel widely to see what they can learn from other sports that may be applicable to our competition, be that in player development, training programs or employee development off field for those working in administration.

"If the two clubs here are able to benefit from a relationship, that can only further strengthen Port Adelaide as a key part of our competition in South Australia and can hopefully also provide the same benefit for Penrith in the NRL."

Port Adelaide chairman and Sunrise TV host David Koch, who has a lot of admiration for high-profile Penrith general manager Phil Gould, visited the Panthers before Christmas.

In his presentation to the the club's executives, football staff and administration, Koch provided an insight into how Port have risen from mediocrity – both on and off the field – amid mounting financial pressures in the past three years.

While the partnership is in its infancy, both club's are discussing the possibility of implementing an employee exchange program, while Panthers coach Ivan Cleary and his coaching staff are scheduled to visit the Power's training facility next month.

Port Adelaide boss Keith Thomas, who has been in regular contact with Penrith football chief executive Justin Pascoe, is keen to gain an insight into the club's operations and how Panthers Group chief executive Warren Wilson helped the club recover from the brink of insolvency to become a profitable organisation in the space of three years.

"Something we routinely do is keep an eye on other organisations - both in sport and not in sport - to see whether they are doing things that could advantage us in some way," Thomas told Port's website.

"Penrith, incidentally, has also been looking at us and the progress we've made, and are interested in learning - particularly about our membership and other aspects of our business.

"We're currently exploring ways we might be able to share information, but right now there's certainly no partnership - nothing formal - we're really just finding out about each other."

Port Adelaide already have a relationship with the Melbourne Storm, focused largely on football more than off-field operations.

While Port and the Panthers are yet to formalise an arrangement, Thomas insists the club's connection with Penrith won't severe ties with Craig Bellamy's Storm.

"Generally, these things start off quite casually," Thomas said. "It's not an unusual practice and we're curious about other organisations who are doing good things, and Penrith have a similar recent history to ours. The Melbourne Storm relationship has been largely a football one, and a very valuable one.

"We don't think anything that happens with the Panthers should cut over anything we have with the Storm."

Fairfax Media contacted the NRL on Thursday but they declined to comment.

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
wasn't Penrith Australias number 1 sporting brand :(/ oh sorry all that money comes from pokes from their leagues club :(/
that phil guld manage to con Packer in to lending him.
now the NRL club is sick of being a worthless unknown pile of crap, and want a fan base, so they turn to an AFL club :\:

:(/ :(/
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC
Been liked: 0

Re: Penrith Poke Group turn to the power to grow their business

Post by AFLsforPussies »

Haha your a goose. As if Panthers would look all the way in Adelaide, a city in another state to get more supporters. That is more an AFL thing with GWS playing in two cities. :lol: :lol:

Is more the two clubs sharing ideas than anything.
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLsforPussies wrote:
Haha your a goose. As if Panthers would look all the way in Adelaide, a city in another state to get more supporters. That is more an AFL thing with GWS playing in two cities. :lol: :lol:

Is more the two clubs sharing ideas than anything.
Dont several nrl clubs play in two cities.
gotta love how you have to use GWS as your example! a start up team only a few years old that cannot win a game. Is only a few years away from overtaking several NRLOL teams who had decade's to establish their pissant fan base!
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLsforPussies »

Several NRL clubs playing in two cities. Ok who are they? St George Illawarra yes, but they are called St George Illawarra.

Greater Western Sydney is not part of Canberra last time I checked. =D> =D>

GWS taking over lol??? They are getting flogged by an A league club that started after them with no promotion. :lol: :lol:

AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLsforPussies »

As for Penrith and Adelaide, will probably benefit both clubs sharing ideas.

eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

The panthers group are the richest sporting brand in the country, they want to grow the football department so they ask the Power how they grew there's so quickly.

On the other hand the Power are not to smart on the bossiness side of things so what better way to learn then from the largest sporting group in the country.

There is benefit for both parties here.

Your not that bright are you league..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
wasn't Penrith Australias number 1 sporting brand :(/ oh sorry all that money comes from pokes from their leagues club :(/
now the NRL club is sick of being a worthless unknown pile of crap, and want a fan base, so they turn to an AFL club :\:
The Power want to learn about the Panthers Group operations off field - after all everyone likes money, while Penrith will take advantage of Port Adelaides onfield turnaround and fan engagements. Its literally win/win.
Sensible reply .
Will be wasted on dumbo .
He will just rant about pokes. Or ask why didn't Power join up with the HUGE HUGE Melb Storm Leagues club . :_<> :_<> :_<>
It's closer to Sadelaide than Penriffffff
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

The_Wookie wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
The Power want to learn about the Panthers Group operations off field - after all everyone likes money, while Penrith will take advantage of Port Adelaides onfield turnaround and fan engagements. Its literally win/win.
ask an NRL club about how to make money for its off field operations? "POKES"
find a wealthy mate to loan you some money, aka phil guild did with packer, & invest in pokes.
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
Sensible reply .
Will be wasted on dumbo .
He will just rant about pokes. Or ask why didn't Power join up with the HUGE HUGE Melb Storm Leagues club . :_<> :_<> :_<>
It's closer to Sadelaide than Penriffffff
oi spazza do you ever reply about anything that has to do with the topic of discussion? or just troll people repeating the same irrelevant shit! out of jealousy & bitterness :))) fucken old dinosaur
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
I agreed with Wookie
&

I asked a legit question .
About a subject close to your heart .
The Melb Storm Leagues club ....or as you put it Poke Palace .

Tell me dumbo .why is it once you are shown up as a braindead moronic twit. You never seem to want to discuss any if your bizarro claims .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol
I agreed with Wookie
&

I asked a legit question .
About a subject close to your heart .
The Melb Storm Leagues club ....or as you put it Poke Palace .

Tell me dumbo .why is it once you are shown up as a braindead moronic twit. You never seem to want to discuss any if your bizarro claims .
well i am now discussing about the penrith poke group turning to the Port Power, to wanting to know how to rebrand their shit house brand!

the Penrith Poke board members turn up to a meeting with David Koch & other power brokers of the Power.
David asks, "so who are you again sorry?"
Penrith Poke group reply "we are the penrith pokie group & we have a team in the NRLOL called the Penrith Panthers"
after a quick look on google to find where Penrith is....
David replies, "the NRLOL is expanding & introducing new teams" David then turns to his fellow colleagues with a bright smile, as one they all burst out in a fit of laughter. after a while david starts to frown, knowing full to well in being a financial expert in these tough times the flogs from the Penrith Poke group would have been down, making extra large donations to their local MP, so they can get them to sign off on a big fat cheque to help fund the club.

the Penrith Pokie group reply, "no we have been around since the 60s, here have a look at our financials and our fan base" as they pass they pass their presentation over to David & other board members"
David & Co quickly look over the presentation whilse looking a bit shocked but still giggling away at each other over the embarrassment known as the Penrith group.

David replys, "is this all you have, so few fans, all your money comes from poke and gaming revenue?"
Penrith Pokie group. "yes that is why we have come to you, we want to stop the waste & grow our business"
David & CO stand up, chests out, with a big smile on their faces. moving forward to shake the hands of the Penrith Poke group.
David replies in a deep proud voice " we can help you out & give you some strong business and financial advice"
the penrith poke group, are all excited, feeling privileged that an AFL club is going to share some advice with them eagerly await the advice

David replies" its simple you want to move your business forward & not live in the past carrying waste. get rid of the pathetic embarrassment of the NRL club. look for an industry that has a future. 50 years of pouring money into a club and an industry and thats all you have to show for it, you need to find a different venture! the NRL just isnt it :thumbleft: :cheers:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Hmmmm

Yes :-k

The panthers are going to look at a club thats lost 20 million in the last 5 years 8-[

:(/ :lol: :_<>
Oh dumbo
Stop swilling the metho n give yr remaining brain cell a fighting chance :(/
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Are Port Adelaide really going that good........

Losing Millions each year.
pathetic crowds for AFL standards.

Only off the back of the new state of art Stadium, have the fans came out in big numbers..

Pre game entertainment lol

NEVER TEAR US APART... Really...

wasn't it David Koch who approached the Panthers Group....
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

aren't the 2 clubs getting both a bad deal at Adelaide Oval at the moment...
as I have heard even with sell outs they barly make any dough$$$
I hope port continue to go bad..
as I am A Crows Man lol. don't follow it much.. but still gotta abit of passion from the early days..

Be interesting to see how much the Adelaide strikers paid for the lease of the ground.
and profit wise after each game.