Record turnover & Profits for the NRL in 2014

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Record turnover & Profits for the NRL in 2014

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

The_Wookie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:

In the meantime congratulations on pulling in less revenue that the AFL made...in 2010.

The NRL had revenue about half the VFLs in 2010
We will have doubled this in the space of just 5 years
& will nearly have quadrupled it in the space of 10 to have higher revenue then the VFL overall

God knows where we would be by then
If cooler heads had prevailed & the super league war never took place

RL
the code of the next 20 years :cool:
Broadcast rights from 2012 are the main reason why you had an increase in revenue - you cant argue with that since it went from 80 million a year to over 200 million a year. Id suggest the other revenue increases this year will have come from Origin and Finals ticketing.

AFL revenue will come in at over 500 million this year. So by my reckoning you need to triple the price of Origin and Finals tickets yearly for the rest of this broadcast deal and then you'll catch up.

Keep blaming superleague. God knows where soccer might be too if they hadnt imploded in 2006. It could have happened to the AFL in 1986, but it didnt.

This is the exact thing that pisses RL fans off, ppl from other codes that didn't have a clue back then or now what the whole thing done to the game not just here, but everywhere it was played, you keep playing it down until one day the NRL has completely left the afl behind again.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

leagueiscrap wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
with out SOO, the NRLOL nonbroardcast revenue is less than Union & the A League :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

blah blah ratings :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
if there was any truth, it would reflect in the revenue :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Idiot, Union and sokka don't have 2 bob to rub together let alone beat the NRL at anything bar mediocrity.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

The_Wookie wrote:
But they do have Origin. Just like Union and the Aleague include funds from internationals and all star games.
so does the NRL.......
the AFL has none of these & it generates several hundred million more than the minnow game of NRL
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
with out SOO, the NRLOL nonbroardcast revenue is less than Union & the A League :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

blah blah ratings :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
if there was any truth, it would reflect in the revenue :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Idiot, Union and sokka don't have 2 bob to rub together let alone beat the NRL at anything bar mediocrity.
keep telling yourself that flog. in Sydney yes outside of Sydney NO. :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

You mean Melbourne, Canberra, Auckland, Brisbane, Townsville, PNG, Fiji, NZ, Perth just from this neck of the woods that have some form of partnership in an Australian League?

Oh, ok.

Also, the TV figures in my sig that I made just for you a few months ago when you were doing your typical thing, that is LYING should shut you up if you have any brains whatsoever, but you don't.

Read it again ******.

Btw, the new S15 deal will be around the 40 million a year mark, that's about 20 million pounds a year, that's also WELL BEHIND RUGBY LEAGUE IN THE UK ALONE AGAIN YOU DERPING MORON.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

interesting... so an australian league broadcasted in the uk gets less tv money.....than a uk league based in it's own country..incredible!

some real rocket science stuff there from parra
he must be a professor

the two things the super league and nrl have in common are falling crowds, what is it...4 straight years of decline for the super league and 2 for the nrl? its been 10 years since the nrl has shown any significant improvement on that front so im not surprised they get belted by the aru and ffa when it comes to football related revenue :)
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Derp, the Union deal for the UK showing S15 is the same as out here, they saved the aru's arse for another few months, so yes, you are wrong as usual.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

All it shows you greasy little wanker is this, the SL in England is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than what Sokka's Amatuer League is out here in Australia.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
All it shows you greasy little wanker is this, the SL in England is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than what Sokka's Amatuer League is out here in Australia.
derp derp

a uk based league is supposed to be getting more for their product over a foreign league being broadcasted in that same country

since you're pretty dense i can put it this way - how much were channel 9 and eurosport paying to broadcast the super league in australia? was it even close to the $40m that fox and sbs pay for the a-league? yeah ...thought as much :lol: ...but see that's how it should be

greasy this greasy that...awe i hit a nerve plastic ? :lol:

the super league is definitely way bigger than the a-league - i mean just look at the avg attendances for the league last season...8k! wow! that puts it in line with league 1(third division soccer)

massive :mrgreen:

but hey! they got a few "big" crowds for the world club championship didnt they? 19k, 30k or something? thats cool....melbourne victory and the all stars only got 90k and 80k for their matches vs overseas teams :( ...the roar and adelaide are only going to get a flimsy 50k each when liverpool come in june as well unfortunately...spurs in sydney only 40k too....oh and city, madrid, roma and co will only sell out the mcg a couple times on their visits. jeez we're getting belted on the crowd front aren't we ...... :cool: :lol:
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

the TV deals of the late 80's shows that years before the VFL, the NSWRL was the first code to get 100 million for it's TV rights, then the SL war erupted and put the code back 2 decades and left it with no clubs where it expanded, some to this day, yeah had no bearing and was just a little blip.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

At no time before the sl war did the vfl-afl get more for their broadcast rights than the NSWRL-ARL. It happened during and after the sl war. It'll remain that way until the next rights agreement comes around, at which time the NRL will take back the #1 mantle for broadcast rights in this country after two and a half decades of fighting the man and infighting. That's why news and 9 wanted first and last rights until 2027, to keep the price down.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
At no time before the sl war did the vfl-afl get more for their broadcast rights than the NSWRL-ARL. It happened during and after the sl war. It'll remain that way until the next rights agreement comes around, at which time the NRL will take back the #1 mantle for broadcast rights in this country after two and a half decades of fighting the man and infighting. That's why news and 9 wanted first and last rights until 2027, to keep the price down.
piss off your self righteous crap.
the only reason why the NRL got its broadcast deal was the meda wars from the superleague dick measuring contest between packer & murdoch.
the NRL has had its day and will never get near the AFL.
all this shit about the media wars is crap. endless promotion from the NRL, all the free publicity money could buy, endless NRL on TV.
the NRL have never had the support, crowds, participation that the AFL has had since the friggen 50s.
all this shit about ratings..... similar to the AFL, yet the NRL are flogged in every other area, & have been since the 50s :-k

go figure ay?, you're all talk & excuse after excuse :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
decades of endless promotion & government hand outs on inflated fudged crowd figures :)))

by 2027 we will still be listening to endless excuses in why the NRL is so far behind :-({|=
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol what a ****** rant .

Parra was talking about pre SL war & what do we get ,the usual packer BLAH blah .

God it's moronic .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Really is, and these guys have no idea of history whatsoever.

I'd have thought this kind of thing would've been something wookie was interested in and already looked at.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

The ARL were supposedly broke during the war and the revenue above says so, funny how they were able to blow well over 20 million in court costs alone at the time, the murdoch rags couldn't help but rub their noses in it seeing as all their profits when to fighting them sending them completely and really this time broke.

I wouldn't believe any of those old reports, i have a heap of books here from years past where the nswrl flat out lied about how much they got, how many went to games and just what type of money was spent on the NSWRL Leagues club :shock: