yet another NRL player off to the Slammer

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

yet another NRL player off to the Slammer

Post by leagueiscrap »

FORMER South Sydney Rabbitohs captain Craig Field has been sentenced to 10 years in prison after he was found guilty of manslaughter in the fatal one punch death of north coast cattle farmer Kelvin Kane.
Field – who celebrated his 42nd birthday in a correctional centre last week – looked dejected as the sentence was read out at the Lismore court complex this afternoon. His family broke down when the sentence was read out.

Justice Elizabeth Fullerton said Field would serve a non parole sentence of 7 years and six months for his role in the death of Mr Kane, who was fatally punched during a car park brawl at the Kingscliff Hotel on July 15, 2012.
Field lodged a last-minute reference from media heavyweight Alan Jones – a former mentor of his at the Rabbitohs who described him as “enthusiastic, passionate and decent”.
Justice Fullerton said the community demanded a “general deterrence” for “unprovoked, uncontrollable, lethal violence”
Outside court, Mr Kane’s children Georgina and Bradley spoke briefly and said it was a “relief that the trial was over”.

“No amount of time is ever going to bring dad back,” Georgina said.
Bradley described his dad as a “great man”.
Mr Kane’s ex-wife Tracy said she hoped the sentence would be a deterrence for others.
“Hopefully the society will learn from it,” Ms Kane said.
“You can’t go out into society and do what’s been done.”
Justice Fullerton had earlier heard from Georgina who said she was “living a nightmare”.
Mr Kane’s partner Sue-Ellen Harlow described the 50-year-old as a “wonderful, loving and unique man”.
Field was cleared of murder by a jury last week but found guilty of manslaughter for his role in Mr Kane’s death.
High-profile Sydney barrister Tony Bellanto had urged Justice Fullerton to consider an intensive correction order or suspended sentence which she rejected.
Justice Fullerton said after Mr Kane fell to the ground Field left the pub without checking on him and has never shown remorse for his actions.

Field – who had a controversial NRL career at Souths, Manly and the Wests Tigers - had claimed he was the peacemaker and had not thrown the fatal punch.
Mr Kane had been sticking up for a female friend who was being verbally abused by Field’s friend Shaun “Feathers” Fathers.
Justice Fullerton said before receiving the fatal blow, Mr Kane had retreated, put his hands up and told Fathers he did not want to fight him.
Originally published as Former NRL star Craig Field jailed for 10 years

a pathetic piece of shit of an individual, from the NRL, that has taken a life of another man, & brought grief to another family that will live out their life without their father, all because he had to feel like a man, well done dickhead, hope you get what you deserve in jail
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: yet another NRL player off to the Slammer

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Carlton great Nick Stevens threatened to kill ex-partner in brutal attack, court hears

ANGUS THOMPSON
Herald Sun
December 02, 2014 12:00AM

ONE-time Carlton star Nick Stevens left his former partner lying in a pool of blood after threatening to kill her, a court has heard.

The woman told the court she heard her “cheek pop” as Stevens slammed her head into the wall of the kitchen at their Traralgon home on February 10 last year.

She had accused him of cheating on her.

She said: “He said, ‘I’m going to kill you.’ He said, ‘I’m going to beat you to within an inch of your life.

“I was on the floor and I thought, ‘Is this the day he’s going to kill me?”

The former midfielder, 34, who played 231 games for Carlton and Port Adelaide, is in Ringwood Magistrates’ Court facing 43 charges relating to assault, making threats to kill and contacting a witness in a criminal investigation.

Stevens contests the charges, and has previously told the Herald Sun “the whole thing is 150 per cent false”.

Stevens, clad in a black suit and tie, sat calmly as the woman, who appeared via video-link, gave evidence.

She broke down several times as she detailed the violence she said he subjected her to between April 2012 and April 2013.

She said violence began soon after they moved in together, after Stevens accused her of unfaithfulness.

The woman told the court that during the February 10 incident Stevens smashed her phone, threw a chair at her and threatened to kill her and her father after she had phoned her parents.

“He said ‘I’m going to kill you ... if your dad comes down I’m going to kill him too. I’ll snap him like a twig’.

“I was absolutely petrified. The look in his eyes was just one that he was possessed,” his ex-partner said.

She said that on January 27 last year, he pushed her on to the couch at their Traralgon home and punched her up to 10 times in the chest.

She said at her parents’ Park Orchards home on April 27 that year he slammed her head against a brick wall.

“I heard him say, ‘Stop headbutting the wall, you idiot’.”

She said Stevens broke her possessions and at a Sorrento home even motioned to headbutt her in front of her mother.

Several photos displaying injuries, including large bruises to the arms and legs, and a gash to the cheek, were shown.

She said that Stevens had repeatedly begged her not to leave him and that he would harm himself if she left.

She said she had taken so long to report him to police because she feared damaging Stevens’s reputation.

“He is high-profile. I knew he was trying to break into a coaching career,” she said.

Stevens’ barrister is expected to cross-examine the woman today.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

RISING NRL star Jamil Hopoate has been jailed for at least a year for the drunken assault of two men at a Manly bar.
The Sea Eagles player hugged and kissed his father John and NRL star brother Will as court officers led him away.
Magistrate Jane Mottley said “this was a random act of violence perpetrated against innocent victims by a drunken assailant”.
The 20-year-old assaulted Alexander Christie and Timothy Blackett outside the Ivanhoe Hotel in Manly on Valentine’s Day this year.
Shamed.... Jamil Hopoate.
Shamed ... Jamil Hopoate. Picture: Ross Schultz Source: News Corp Australia
Ms Mottley said Mr Blackett, who had come to the aid of Hopoate’s first victim, “was cast aside like a toy so the assault on Mr Christie could continue”.
The court heard Hopoate kicked Mr Christie as he tried to get off the ground, with the injuries knocking him unconscious.
Hopoate’s lawyer had asked the court to place the father of one, who was awarded a first grade contract with Manly next season, on a good behaviour bond.
Will Hopoate told the court during a sentencing hearing last week that his younger brother had “shamed” the family, and felt “regret, shame, remorse in a very deep sense”.
The Ivanhoe Hotel
The Ivanhoe Hotel Source: News Limited
Jamil Hopoate playing for Manly’s Harold Matthews side last year.
Jamil Hopoate playing for Manly’s Harold Matthews side last year. Source: News Limited
His two co-accused are awaiting sentencing.
Ms Mottley fixed a total 18-month jail sentence for the assault on Mr Christie and a two-year good behaviour bond for the attack on Mr Blackett, described in court as a “good Samaritan”.
Hopoate intends to appeal the severity of the sentence but has been refused bail ahead of a District Court hearing.
Magistrate Jane Mottley found the appeal has “no real prospect of success” and that he is “an unacceptable risk”.
Some members of the Hopoate family cried as Hopoate was once again taken back into custody.
Earlier, court sheriffs intervened as Hopoate abused a female journalist in the aftermath of the announcement of the jail term.
Originally published as Shamed NRL star jailed over pub bashing.

in how many weeks are two off to jail for the NRL
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Foolproof
Captain
Captain
Team: ALL
Been liked: 0

Post by Foolproof »

Please stop.

The savages of this world who end up in prison are present in every sporting community. None is worse than the next one.

It's the nature of the human race. It is not specific to a sport.
ALL COMMENTS ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE
THIS IS MY ONLY ACCOUNT AND IT HAS NOW BEEN ABANDONED
THE WOOKIE AS SITE ADMIN = I GIVE THIS FORUM 12 MONTHS TO LIVE
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fuck off fooly .
Dumbo has once again taken the moral high ground .
I enjoy showing the stupidity of his posts.

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Former Hawks recruit Dayle Garlett in custody on criminal charges

Date
September 19, 2014

Brendan Foster

Fallen AFL recruit Dayle Garlett may still have had a future at the top level before he was this week charged with criminal offences.

The 20-year-old, who walked away from Hawthorn six months ago, is accused of stealing a vehicle from Caversham on September 13. It is alleged he used the car during an aggravated burglary on a home in Greenmount.

Fairfax Media understands the one-time boom prospect was still being considered by some AFL recruiters, if he could turn his troubled off-field life - and stalled on-field career - around.

But it now appears Garlett will be lost to the AFL forever, following the recent allegations against him.

Garlett appeared in the Midland's Magistrates Court on Wednesday and was remanded in custody, before he appears in court again on September 26. He has also been charged with breach of bail after it was alleged he failed to appear in court on previous charges.

After starring in the 2011 Under 18s National Carnival, Garlett was touted as one best young players produced in WA for years.

But the small forward was overlooked for the 2012 draft because of off-field issues, including social media posts that showed him drinking and smoking.

Following an outstanding year with WAFL club Swan Districts in 2013, Hawthorn took a punt on the wayward youth with the 38th pick of the national draft.

However, after only three months with the reigning premiers, Garlett quit - citing homesickness and the failure to cope with the rigours of AFL.

He did not play an AFL game.

Garlett played a handful of games for Wheatbelt club Dandaragan this year, after his original club Swans District told him his services were not required.

Former Dockers' player Brad Wirra, who coached Garlett in the Under 18s National Carnival in 2011, said he was "disappointed" to hear of the latest developments.

"He was a super talented player," he told Fairfax Media. "He could play".

At the time of Garlett's drafting, Hawthorn officials admitted the youngster's talent wasn't in question.

"From a talent perspective I think everyone is in [agreement] that he is a super-talented player, but he has got to get in and work hard and let's see where he goes," Hawthorn recruiting manager Graham Wright said.

After Garlett chose to leave the club, Hawks coach Alistair Clarkson said he did not believed the AFL door had closed on him.

"We didn't feel like it was a significant gamble," said Clarkson.

"We saw significant progress in what he was able to do last year. We think in Dayle's circumstances, he deserved that chance.

"It hasn't worked out on this occasion but he's not lost to AFL football either.

"I think he can still give himself a chance to play in the years ahead."

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/fo...#

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

North Melbourne player charged over alleged assault, robbery of taxi driver

by: Mark Buttler
October 28, 2014 7:36PM

A NORTH Melbourne footballer has been charged and bailed over an alleged aggravated robbery of a taxi driver in South Australia.

The attack at Banksia Park, Adelaide, allegedly involving Kangaroo Trent Dumont, happened in the early hours of October 12.

South Australian detectives based at Holden Hill police station arrested a 19-year-old from Para Vista after he contacted police on Monday night following the public release of CCTV footage taken from the taxi.

Today police arrested 19-year-old Dumont, who is yet to make his AFL debut.

Both men were charged with aggravated robbery and were bailed to appear in the Holden Hill Magistrates’ Court on November 25.

The two men had gotten in the cab shortly after 4am after a night out in Adelaide’s North Terrace.

North Melbourne released a statement but would not comment further.

“The North Melbourne Football Club can confirm that a member of its playing list is currently assisting South Australian Police in relation to an incident that is alleged to have occurred in South Australia earlier this month,” a club statement said.

“As this is a matter of ongoing police inquiry, no further comment will be made by the club until it is in a position to do so.”

A South Australia Police press release with images of a man in the front seat and another in the back was released two weeks after the alleged attack.

In the release police said “at about 4.16am, the male driver picked up the two men pictured from North Terrace, Adelaide, and drove them to Spring Cres in Banksia Park.

“The two men then allegedly threatened the driver and demanded all of his money. When he refused, one of the men stole a job book from the taxi and exited the vehicle.

“When the driver got out of the taxi to get his book back, the men assaulted him and stole money from the taxi before running away.

“The victim was not injured.’’

Dumont was drafted from Norwood by the Kangaroos with pick 30 in last year’s national draft.

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Former West Coast Eagles footballer Daniel Kerr charged over violent incident

CALLA WAHLQUIST
PerthNow
November 12, 2014 12:01PM

FORMER West Coast Eagles star Daniel Kerr has been charged with ‘endangering the life, health or safety’ of a person in Perth.

PerthNow understands the 31-year-old was arrested after an altercation at a private residence in Glendalough last night.

Police were called to the Pollard Street address at about 11pm.

Kerr has been charged with two counts of endangering the life, health and safety of a person.

He has been remanded in custody and is set to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court this afternoon.

Kerr’s accomplished 220-game career at West Coast was littered with a string of off-field controversies.

St John Ambulance said it was called to the incident but an ambulance was not required.

West Coast released a statement late this morning following Kerr’s arrest.

“The West Coast Eagles are disappointed and saddened at news of Daniel Kerr’s recent arrest,” the statement read.

“We will continue to support Daniel, who was an outstanding player for this club, to get the help he needs to recover from this situation and to get his life back on track.

“As this matter is now in the hands of police, the club has no further comment to

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Greater Western Sydney player Toby Greene fined after assault at Zagame's

Date
December 9, 2014 - 3:35PM

An AFL player has escaped conviction over a drunken assault at a Melbourne bistro that left a bouncer with nightmares.

Toby Greene was fined $2500 for the unlawful assault at Zagame's Caulfield restaurant in May.

The night turned sour after the Greater Western Sydney player and his friends were told they would no longer be served alcohol, and later were asked to leave.

Police prosecutors told the Melbourne Magistrates Court Greene stepped in after the bouncer and one of his friends started to wrestle.

Greene, who was using a crutch because of an ankle injury, punched the bouncer twice to the head or upper body.

The 21-year-old, who is from Melbourne but lives in Rozelle in Sydney during the AFL season, was pulled away by a staff member, but punched the victim twice more before the group fled.

Both men were later arrested and spent four hours in police cells for being drunk in a public place.

Greene's lawyer Bernie Balmer said he had already been punished by his football club and had potentially missed out on bonus earnings.

Greater Western Sydney fined Greene $5000 and issued him with a five-match suspension for drinking alcohol while injured and for failing to notify the club of his arrest.

Magistrate Franz Holzer supported the prosecution's call for general deterrence.

"As a public figure he is expected to be a role model," he said.

Reading from a victim impact statement, Mr Holzer said the bouncer still had nightmares and believed that one more punch or kick could have killed him.

"Gratuitous street violence in this manner shouldn't be condoned," he said.

Both men were fined $2500 without conviction.

AAP

🤣
Xman wrote
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

:(/ :lol: :_<>

Top thread dumbo :(/ :lol:

Seriously
If theres a dumber raider on the internet
Im yet to see it :(/ :lol: :_<>
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

The big difference with all of this would be with most of them living in lar lar land like poor old dumbo...
fumblers would be jumping to the defence of their players mentioned above

Has a fumbler ever done anything wrong
Ever 8-[
Its always someone elses fault

While NRL fans would be standing & applauding that this vile little shit bag Field got exactly wot he deserved =D> =D> =D>
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: too true dave, too true

The fact they call a drug dealing murderer their God says it all really.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Foolproof
Captain
Captain
Team: ALL

Post by Foolproof »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Fuck off fooly .
Dumbo has once again taken the moral high ground .
I enjoy showing the stupidity of his posts.
And it goes around and around........all because both sides have there bad eggs.

What are you, a circle jerk?
ALL COMMENTS ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE
THIS IS MY ONLY ACCOUNT AND IT HAS NOW BEEN ABANDONED
THE WOOKIE AS SITE ADMIN = I GIVE THIS FORUM 12 MONTHS TO LIVE
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Never liked him as a player, grubby little bugger he was.

Not surprised really.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Ex Aflol player jailed today .
Another backfire thread by dumbo .
Once I showed how fucking stupid he is by taking the moral high ground ,he did a runner .

Bump .
Bumpity Bumpity bump .

Lol
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-or ... 7277695533

🤣
Xman wrote