Disaffected Sydney clubs dragging the game backwards, says QRL chairman Peter Betros

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC
Been liked: 0

Re: Disaffected Sydney clubs dragging the game backwards, says QRL chairman Peter Betros

Post by AFLsforPussies »

Sydneyfc you do realise Western Sydney is in another world compared to where the Swans are located.
Swans already had expat supporters from the move from Melbourne while GWS don't. Also AFL has a bad image in the west as being soft as. I am guessing 30 years to gain traction if any. They should change that mascot for a start. Looks so dorky and crap that orange grinning giant!! West Sydney Wolves or something like that would be better. Needs a mascot that people would respect to suit the culture there.
Last edited by AFLsforPussies on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

Foolproof
Captain
Captain
Team: ALL

Re: Disaffected Sydney clubs dragging the game backwards, says QRL chairman Peter Betros

Post by Foolproof »

Wolves doesn't start with a G, in case you didn't notice.
ALL COMMENTS ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE
THIS IS MY ONLY ACCOUNT AND IT HAS NOW BEEN ABANDONED
THE WOOKIE AS SITE ADMIN = I GIVE THIS FORUM 12 MONTHS TO LIVE
Foolproof
Captain
Captain

Post by Foolproof »

You are lying about the Swans.

The ABC is biased against league in Victoria and misreported that deliberately. News Limited were the sole sponsors, not the owners. They pulled out when the Storm busted the salary cap and got smacked for it.

And Masters?? The Caroline Wilson of the NRL journos?? Majority shareholder - more like majority membership holder!!
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Foolproof wrote:
You are lying about the Swans.

The ABC is biased against league in Victoria and misreported that deliberately. News Limited were the sole sponsors, not the owners. They pulled out when the Storm busted the salary cap and got smacked for it.

And Masters?? The Caroline Wilson of the NRL journos?? Majority shareholder - more like majority membership holder!!
lol conspiracies the ABC & News limited, now you're starting to sound like an NRL fan :(/ :(/ :(/
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC

Post by AFLsforPussies »

Foolproof wrote:
Does not have to start with a g though. Can change the whole thing.. At the end of the day the mascot sux and so does the whole GWS culture there. Has no respect in Western Sydney like the Wanderers have gotten in such s short time.
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

Foolproof
Captain
Captain

Post by Foolproof »

AFLsforPussies wrote:
Foolproof wrote:
Does not have to start with a g though. Can change the whole thing.. At the end of the day the mascot sux and so does the whole GWS culture there. Has no respect in Western Sydney like the Wanderers have gotten in such s short time.
You'd make a lousy promotions manager, my friend. GWS Wolves? I've dabbled in advertising and I can tell you that sucks! GWS Giants is much better. I haven't seen the mascot so I can't comment on that specifically.
Foolproof
Captain
Captain

Post by Foolproof »

Because they wanted to cover the south west if I remember. That's not Western Sydney. That's Greater Western Sydney. Plus the connection to Canberra which I think was established late in the piece before they started in the AFL.