Central Queensland rugby league boss warns of AFL takeover

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Central Queensland rugby league boss warns of AFL takeover

Post by leagueiscrap »

RUGBY league would leave regional Queensland exposed for a takeover by Australian football if an NRL premiership team is not put into Rockhampton.
That’s the warning to the ARL Commission from Central Queensland bid team chief executive Denis Keeffe as they consider the NRL expansion question.
The decision on whether to have the current 16 teams or 18 in the future intersects with upcoming talks about the next NRL broadcast rights deal from 2018.

Keeffe said league bosses must heed comments from former AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou last week that he could see “the potential … a long way away’’ for an AFL team servicing northern Queensland because the game had become stronger in Townsville and Cairns.
The comments by Demetriou came at a Local Government Association of Queensland conference in Mackay.
NRL CEO Dave Smith visited Rockhampton last month, meeting league stakeholders and having talks with CQ bid team bosses Geoff Murphy and Keeffe about any likely process set down by the ARLC in deciding the future of the NRL competition.
“Dave was a bit guarded on the process but he said he would be able to announce something about the process involved early next year,’’ Keeffe said.
“He has some serious issues in Sydney to solve and he needed time.

“I said to the NRL recently if they think they can walk away from this part of the world and come back in five or 10 years and say `now what about an NRL program’, it will be gone.
“The AFL spends more on its academy in Mackay than all of the QRL development programs put together, it’s absolutely massive.’’
The Brisbane Bombers and Western Corridor bid team both want to bring another team into southeast Queensland, with the CQ planning to play all home games in a 20,000 stadium on Rockhampton and a Brothers bid intent on taking some premiership matches to regional centres.
Keeffe said that while he understood Smith favoured retention of a 16-team competition, he personally believed television requirements for extra games as part of increased value in a broadcast rights deal from 2018 meant expansion to 18 was likely.

“What he’s saying in a bit of a riddle, is it 16 teams with some relocation or amalgamation or a combination there of. He said it’s not a simple matter of getting two (new) regions.
“If I was sitting in a seat in Sydney looking at the future of the League in 20 years, I’d be terrified of the (future of the) Titans.
“In the end, I really do think it will be a ninth game (every round).’’
Smith said in August that the NRL would continue to back the future of the Titans.
Originally published as AFL threat looms in league heartland
RUGBY league would leave regional Queensland exposed for a takeover by Australian football if an NRL premiership team is not put into Rockhampton.
That’s the warning to the ARL Commission from Central Queensland bid team chief executive Denis Keeffe as they consider the NRL expansion question.
The decision on whether to have the current 16 teams or 18 in the future intersects with upcoming talks about the next NRL broadcast rights deal from 2018.

Keeffe said league bosses must heed comments from former AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou last week that he could see “the potential … a long way away’’ for an AFL team servicing northern Queensland because the game had become stronger in Townsville and Cairns.
The comments by Demetriou came at a Local Government Association of Queensland conference in Mackay.
NRL CEO Dave Smith visited Rockhampton last month, meeting league stakeholders and having talks with CQ bid team bosses Geoff Murphy and Keeffe about any likely process set down by the ARLC in deciding the future of the NRL competition.
“Dave was a bit guarded on the process but he said he would be able to announce something about the process involved early next year,’’ Keeffe said.
“He has some serious issues in Sydney to solve and he needed time.

“I said to the NRL recently if they think they can walk away from this part of the world and come back in five or 10 years and say `now what about an NRL program’, it will be gone.
“The AFL spends more on its academy in Mackay than all of the QRL development programs put together, it’s absolutely massive.’’
The Brisbane Bombers and Western Corridor bid team both want to bring another team into southeast Queensland, with the CQ planning to play all home games in a 20,000 stadium on Rockhampton and a Brothers bid intent on taking some premiership matches to regional centres.
Keeffe said that while he understood Smith favoured retention of a 16-team competition, he personally believed television requirements for extra games as part of increased value in a broadcast rights deal from 2018 meant expansion to 18 was likely.

“What he’s saying in a bit of a riddle, is it 16 teams with some relocation or amalgamation or a combination there of. He said it’s not a simple matter of getting two (new) regions.
“If I was sitting in a seat in Sydney looking at the future of the League in 20 years, I’d be terrified of the (future of the) Titans.
“In the end, I really do think it will be a ninth game (every round).’’
Smith said in August that the NRL would continue to back the future of the Titans.
Originally published as AFL threat looms in league heartland
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/centra ... 7116873392
:\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\: :\:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Re: Central Queensland rugby league boss warns of AFL takeov

Post by leagueiscrap »

Perhaps the basement dwellers, need to stop tugging them self over the 50 million dollars the NRL has inda bank.
Realise that the key to growing your game is grassroots investment! :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol.
Big fat Andy still Talking up fumbleball in QLD & you lap it up.
& the man behind the NRL bid is saying the sky is falling in to help get his bid considered..& you fall for that..LOL you are thick.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

I remember Vlad saying the next 2 teams to make our 20 team national comp would be from Tasmania and North Queensland. Spot on I thought at the time. The game is thriving up north. Bring it on.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Beaussie wrote:
I remember Vlad saying the next 2 teams to make our 20 team national comp would be from Tasmania and North Queensland. Spot on I thought at the time. The game is thriving up north. Bring it on.
Thriving .
Lol

Remember the outright lie told by some fumbler from Mackay.
Supposedly had 5 k at a game there .
There was video & pics posted .
The total would have been lucky to be 500.
But in true fumble style a good lie about numbers will always . have the cultists nodding in agreement.

🤣
Xman wrote
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

rugby league is dieing all a long the east coast
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

sydneyfc wrote:
rugby league is dieing all a long the east coast
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

🤣
Xman wrote
pHyR3
Captain
Captain
Team: Wests Tigers

Post by pHyR3 »

cause it's not like he has an agenda.

OBVIOUSLY he will say that the world is gonna end if the nrl doesnt put a team in central QLD, cause he wants a team there....

jeez you guys are thick
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Ignorant goose. International AFL is big and don't you forget it!
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Crowds don't mean squat.
the stupidity....

leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Beaussie wrote:
Tassie Maybe in a number of years.
no town in north QLD is big enough for an AFL team, you 30 odd million to run an AFL team 10 million through distribution funds & 20 million through the club raising the funds

most NRL teams run on 12 to 15 million
7 million from the NRl in distribution & the rest through private funding.
as we see with the titans! the QLD government build them a nice new stadium!
but a few years on, the gold coast 25 millions in debt, after being kicked out of their current training & admin facility after the NRl commission refusing to pay the rent again for them!, the titans have now been forced to train down at the Southport School & Admin moved to the local Council facility!
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol.
Big fat Andy still Talking up fumbleball in QLD & you lap it up.
& the man behind the NRL bid is saying the sky is falling in to help get his bid considered..& you fall for that..LOL you are thick.
so dribbler dazza the spazza are you running the CQ NRL bid now? :-k

by the sounds of it the NRL folk are running scared :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pHyR3 wrote:

OBVIOUSLY he will say that the world is gonna end if the nrl doesnt put a team in central QLD, cause he wants a team there....

jeez you guys are thick
well maybe he sees the light of day! 20 years ago AFl was pretty much unheard of up here! now a thriving local comp & the knobs from League are running scared :)))
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
pHyR3
Captain
Captain
Team: Wests Tigers

Post by pHyR3 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

jeez you guys are thick
well maybe he sees the light of day! 20 years ago AFl was pretty much unheard of up here! now a thriving local comp & the knobs from League are running scared :)))
and the reverse it equallly true. league was pretty much unheard of in melbourne, now it outrates AFL in sydney :)))
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Ignorant goose. International AFL is big and don't you forget it!
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Crowds don't mean squat.
the stupidity....

leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pHyR3 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

jeez you guys are thick
and the reverse it equallly true. league was pretty much unheard of in melbourne, now it outrates AFL in sydney :)))
yep those tv ratings :lol: :lol: :lol:

why is it that the swans have the highest crowd average & membership out of all the football codes in NSW
and the storm the lowest out of all football codes in Melbourne, next to Melbourne City, who are only a few years old and been cellar dwellers for the best part of it!

yep real accuracy in those ratings
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

As if that bumbling victardian abortion will ever get a 2nd glance from anyone that isnt an ex pat monga in Central QLD :(/ :_<> :lol: :(/

RL heartland
Rockie
Gladstone
Mackay
Bundy
Tough league towns with
Real men .. requiring a real mens game to play

& stickinsect ball.. just wont cut it

This is just some desperation & attempt at pressure from tje CQ bid to get into the NRL
Like the other 6 bids
All desperate to get a slice of the NRL

It wont work though
We will be going to Perth
& The Brisbane :))) Bombers will be the 18th team for 2018

The chances of the fumbles & feebles taking RLs place in C QLD if they cant get an NRL side however are as remote as
A snowball surviving a day in Dubai in July :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

I I I I I tell you, if if if you don't gimme a team soon, someone else might have a thought about putting one in even though none of the other sports have the support, juniors, infrastructure in place and the community behind them.

But but but, it could happen, say in 50 years

please gimme a team :(/
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.