NRL fans unite to combat lack of atmosphere at games

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

NRL fans unite to combat lack of atmosphere at games

Post by sydneyfc »

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showt ... p?t=440488

here's a beauty of a thread from TFR, nrl fans moaning about lack of atmosphere at games and talking about how they should copy soccer - the a-league in particular - to boost the atmosphere which is otherwise dead :lol: , some of the contributors are fight club regulars too...praise jesus :lol:

copying the afl was also encouraged

looks like you'll be jumping at games like me soon enough dave :bounce: :cheers:

if yall nrl nuffies want any tips on improving atmosphere at games i'm always here to help fellas.... =D>

if you are like me, and just finished work, want to kick your feet up and have a beer + relax...do that, while you read some of these gems...won't be disappointed :lol:

here are the best bits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Accept the fact that Rugby League is never going to have atmosphere like soccer matches" - peverse
....at least you got to the point

"As shit of a sport as it is, people turn up to AFL games because of the tribalism and how it's sold" - penrosewarrior...ouchy :lol:

"Team anthems at the beginning of every game (and im being dead serious about this)" - helloimthedoctor....i see you've been watching a-league and afl games... :D

"I hate to use the example of AFL but Port Adelaide play 'Never Tear Us Apart' before their games and it's a raging success." - penrosewarrior....indeed =D>

"plenty happens in an ESL RL match and the atmosphere sh*ts on the NRL's" - popeye...damn... :lol: :lol:

"The reason certain A-League games have the oft-talked about "amazing atmosphere" is the people who create are doing it for that specific purpose" - grouch =D>

"They still have the soccer fans and crowds showing them how it's done
" - peverse :thumbleft: ...that's how we roll

"Turn to an NRL game at Suncorp with 20k there and you hear f**k all" - madunit :_<> ....that's how you roll

"they(NRL) need to invest in their product if they want it to compete for the next century with soccer and AFL" - maple69 scared? :lol:

"not enough jumping castles." - alwaysgreen ...raiderdave can attest to this :lol:

"It's frustrating when I sit in the Dragon Army, and the Saints fans sitting near the Dragon army don't actually join in, but instead choose to watch us with this big grin on their face" - saint.nick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Not a soccer fan but the Wanderers crowds look amazing" - indenible :(/

"I'm not sure what the answer is but i think it's a big part of why we struggle to increase crowds" - Billythekid awwe...that's a shame :(

"I don't just mean soccer either, AFL crowds seem noisier as well." - Billythekid ....double shame :(/

"Even some of the bigger crowds for the knights this year were incredibly quiet. You can pretty much hear a pin drop outside of the occasional bogans yelling nonsenical sh*t" - Billythekid :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I regularly go to CC Mariners home games, we have a band that plays all game and does a few team songs and it gets the crowd into it for sure. Wonderful atmosphere even if there are only 10k there. Wouldn't be the same if they were just pumping Train songs over the PA." - thevelourflog...taking tips from the mariners....jesus that's when you know... :lol:

"I also think it's hard for the average fan to get involved when the majority of each tackle and match is spent watching blokes lying on the ground wrestling each other" - chook norris :oops: nothing wrong with a bit of man on man wrestling on the ground :_<>

"Nothing can be done" - branvan3000...you said it :)))

" Soccer is different as it attracts lots and lots of pssed up twenty year old blokes plus ex pat Europeans who are used to singing and chanting to lift the team. " - perth red....uhh ok? :lol:

" I think that clearly tells you that the answer is culture. Yes, we do seem to be a bit louder at A-League games" - saint.nick...WOOT! :\:

"I'm not saying I want to go and watch the soccer but it is a model that we should learn from. " - maple69 :bounce: and there it is :lol:

"I think it's a bit rude when a team scores and they're all high fiving or whatever then just head back in field without so much as a kiss my arse to the crowd." - macattack :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Give out prizes at each game for best dressed supporter/ best banner etc etc, put them on the big screen for their 5 minutes of fame, would really encourage people to go all out." - u4er...pls gimme sum handouts so i cen mak betr atmosphr :lol:

"it's clear that the culture of NRL team followers is the reason why the atmosphere is so much duller" - chook norris, dull sport followed by dull fans it seems

"I was on a bucks weekend in Melbourne over the weekend and one of the activities was going to the Victory/Wanderers game. Approx 2000 Wanderers fans flew down for it and booked out a pub close to the venue. The atmosphere at the pub was amazing with chanting etc. and then there was a march to the stadium. I have never seen anything like that prior to a regular season NRL game. " - velheru :mrgreen: , glad you enjoyed yourself.

"I was in Brazil for the World Cup and the fans would be moving around the city getting geed up all morning, on the train, at the game and post game." - maple69 :cool:, that's what we do homie
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Re: NRL fans unite to combat lack of atmosphere at games

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Wow, hasn't the sokka season started already, you have waaaaay too much time on your hands.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

i outdid myself on this, will get months worth of laughs out of it...very proud of myself thank you very much :lol:

like i said...i'm here to help :D
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Wow

Theres sooker & vfl trolls at leagueunlimited :shock:

Shocking stuff :roll:

As big a thread fail as any on 2014 :(/ :_<>
Our long haired greazy shirt lifter has outdone itself :(/ :(/
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Raiderdave wrote:
Wow

well its what you bumsniffers do over at big footy :)))
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Wow

well its what you bumsniffers do over at big footy :)))
:(/ :(/
You know what is funny.
That your username over at BF is regarded as a complete & utter idiot ,& that is by people who follow the same game.

Poor old Bomber6 ..the village idiot wherever he goes.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o