Prize money for finishing positions/finals for your codes?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Prize money for finishing positions/finals for your codes?

Post by sydneyfc »

Was just curious what kind of prize money do teams from your respective codes get for end of season finishes and finals appearances/grand final money etc

The FFA distribute virtually nothing in prize money for A-League finals which is really poor if i'm honest, they even take all the gate receipts for themselves.

but on the other end of that, the Asian Champions League(international club tournament that A-League clubs qualify for) have a pretty decent system when it comes to cash distribution to clubs. They give travel subsidies and prize money for every win.

The WSW have just reached the final and even if they lose, their total prize money they've received for this years tournament was the following:

$160,000 for their 6 games in the group stage
$50,000 for their round of 16 appearance
$80,000 for their QF appearance
$120,000 for their SF appearance
and
$1,500,000 if they win the final, $750,000 if they lose

It also doesn't include the $330,000 travel subsidy grant they receive from AFC to pay for costs

That's potentially $1,910,000 in winnings, almost as much as the $2.5m grant the clubs get from the TV deal

can you shed a light on this wookie if possible?
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Prize money for finishing positions/finals for your code

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Auckland 9's pre season Rugby League

AUD$2.25 million prize money split between the teams

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourcei ... ze%20money
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Not sure about the WCC these days but a few years back the storm had to repay Leeds 110k after they were found to have cheated the cap, quite possibly could have gone up seeing as both hemispheres have had increased tv deals since then.

Minor premiers get only 100k

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 060ge.html

$400,000, for the premiers.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7057615798
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

hmm i know australia puts a lot of emphasis on finals but i always felt the team that comes first in the regular season should be just as well rewarded as the finals winner both in money and in credit

finals might get the most attention and fan fare but the team that is most consistent over the course of a season always wins the minor premiership and probably deserve more credit for their achievements if you ask me

do the nrl take the gate receipts for the finals like the ffa does in the a-league? or do the clubs keep them?
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

The NRL's outside the auckland 9's and rep games is pissweak.

100k for winning the minor prem, 400k wining the premiership, 100k winning the wcc if you are lucky enough to win all three, that 600k is split between heaps of people. It's almost like RL has finally started paying players right yet prize money for club teams remains as if in the amateur days.

I think soo players get 40k for 3 games and the Kangaroos get 50k for a Tournament (maybe different for WC)
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

you'd also have to assume that players get performance bonuses in their contracts so if they win the minor premiership 1 year i bet a decent chunk of that money goes straight to the players(deservedly so) but the clubs miss out

the nrl isn't short of money from what i'm aware, they should reward these teams for their efforts a lot more...so should every other code even my own
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

the people that help set up the auckland 9's approached the ffa to do something similar

was kinda crazy they wanted to do 6 a side games with no goalkeeper on big pitches

i like the auckland 9s as a spectacle, it really adds a lot to the hype leading into the season. weve seen in other codes doing stuff like this adds to the attraction like rugby 7s and 5 a side soccer