Could the afl field six less teams?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Could the afl field six less teams?

Post by King-Eliagh »

Imagine how decent the competition would be if they did! The basketcase league problem would be gonnas. They'd be at nrl standard!

:>::

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Re: Could the afl field six less teams?

Post by King-Eliagh »

I meAn if some random punter called KE can accurately pick the bottom 5 of the comp before it really gets going 3 years running then it's prob for the best right ?

:lol: because it's true!

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

^^^^^
100% spot on.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thanks aflcrap. I'm thinking the silence of the afl clan on this one is a stunned realisation that their comp is very very sick.

Could we pick the bottom 5 in the afl before the season starts next season to make it four years in a row that I've done this?

You betcha Betty I can!!!

:<> :<> :<>

xman wrote:
aflboring
Team: Canterbury Bulldogs
Been liked: 0

Post by aflboring »

Judging by how many uncompetitive matches in AFL, it would be a good thing..
pHyR3
Captain
Captain
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 0

Post by pHyR3 »

afl definitely expanded too fast, crowds and parity of the comp are suffering despite both a salary cap, cap concessions for sydney teams and a draft.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Ignorant goose. International AFL is big and don't you forget it!
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Crowds don't mean squat.
the stupidity....

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

It was a pathetic expansion which has drained massively on all teams. It's like you've got a bunch of eight mates who are quality bballers in the school sport team who are killing it and winning on the court each week. and then two shithouse nerds get shunted into the team because all the other sports are full. And even worse the coach is for equality and gives em even playing time.

This is effectively what's happened in the afl. Everyone loses.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cods wallop.

The afl was not ready to spawn two new sides in two years. One maybe but two, no way.

It's clear as day the whole league has been really badly affected and some clubs have been smashed by the expansion particularly hard. Stkilda, melbs, brissie and the western bulldogs are all bona fide basketcases now and there's no light at the end of the tunnel for them unless they merge.

Demetrious legacy. A competition that has been devastated by his ignorance and arrogance to the limits of quality players.

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

We were told free agency and equalisation would help the strugglers, think again
JON RALPH HERALD SUN OCTOBER 03, 2014 9:00PM

WE were told 2015 was the year the battling teams would strike back at the Empire.

Armed with untold equalisation funds and new salary cap rules allowing them to bank cash then raid rivals, the promise was any team could win on any given Sunday.

Instead the last few days have seen a series of worrying developments that turns a gulf between the good and bad into a gaping chasm.

More and more, the good players go to the best clubs.

Even the power clubs admit it behind closed doors while they gleefully accept another star who plays for unders or something like it to become a premiership player.

It might point to an enticing premiership race, but what about Any Given Sunday?

What about when Patrick Ryder turns them from 2014 sleeper into 2015 rolled-gold premiership contender?

Believe Hawthorn is going quietly into the night after their three hours of Grand Final perfection?

Not with 26-year-old James Frawley shoring up the backline without costing the club a draft pick or breaking the bank.

Consider for a second what happens if Mitch Clark explodes next year, as those close to him believe he is totally capable of doing.

James Frawley is set to strengthen Hawthorn’s backline. Picture: George Salpigtidis.
All of a sudden Geelong has arguably the best forward line pairing in the competition, equal to Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippett.

Remember that Clark was the most dominant forward in the competition early in 2012 with his 29 goals in 11 games in a side which won just two of those contests.

Anyone think Geelong would still be in decline?

And then consider Sydney, which might lose Nick Malceski but will gain a top-five pick in Isaac Heeney for the price of selection 18?

Mitch Clark will return to footy with Geelong. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
The Bear has well and truly been poked — the Swans will rage over their pathetic Grand Final performance all summer and come out breathing fire.

Troy Chaplin thought he was leaving a basketcase only to see Port Adelaide thrive. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
At least Melbourne gets huge overs as compensation for James Frawley, but does anyone think they are close to breaking their premiership drought?

Spare a thought for the perennial battlers like Melbourne (last premiership 50 years ago), the Western Bulldogs (only premiership 60 years ago) and St Kilda (only premiership 48 years ago).

They are all trying to push bold and inventive trade solutions to garner perhaps one extra top-20 selection in November’s national draft.

But while the Dogs could have to give up pick 5 and a Higgins compo pick to get a pick high enough for a quality key tall, Hawthorn plucks one in Frawley without giving up a single pick.

There are exceptions — Hawthorn lost Lance Franklin, Troy Chaplin was lured by big cash to battling Richmond in 2012, Eddie Betts went to a side outside the eight (although he went home).

Yet the clubs outside the eight luring quality players do so by paying huge money (Dale Thomas to Carlton, Chris Dawes to Melbourne) or by preaching increased opportunity (Shannon Byrnes).

Once if you were down and out you could commit to a savage rebuild through bottoming out, knowing in a cyclical competition you would pass your rivals on your way up.

Now there is no reason for the likes of Hawthorn and Geelong to ever bottom out, and little hope of some clubs winning a flag again.

Originally published as Some teams will never win a flag again
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote:
yeah Ill stack my knowledge of the game and its recruitment processes up against yours any day of the week.
Oi! Don't you try the tough stuff on me pal. Gottit? Good.

Since 2012 the afl comp has decayed considerably. If you can't see that ur bloody blind. The issue is two new teams when the comp couldn't possibly support them. The issue is greed and an immense arrogance down at afl hq. Yep it was old Andy d who once documented in his ten point plan for the afl that "the afl would become the sport of choice for all young australian men"

:(/ all? :_<> that's the sort of arrogance which will and did lead to the most unsuccessful expansion in sporting history. They should cut their losses and cut it down to a 14 team comp and try to build back slowly from there. It's their only option.

Pickup yer game wook ;)

xman wrote: