Victorian Rugby League

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Victorian Rugby League

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Slowly but surely it's growing.

Well done and keep it up.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... 1Victorian

=D>
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Victorian Rugby League

Post by Fred »

Well it's good for it to be growing. It had been virtually non existent.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

2014 VRL Participation

3,371 total registrations

2,871 male registrations (85.2% of registrations) and 500 female registrations (14.8%)

2,321 junior registrations (68.9%) and 1050 senior registrations (31.1%)

86 registrations by person of indigenous heritage (2.6%)

Key to the increase in participation for 2014 has been the introduction this season of a new club, the Melton Broncos Rugby League Club, in addition to the development and promotion of a Women’s Tackle program. The new women’s initiative, presented in a Gala Day format, represents the first time the VRL has had a season based tackle program for women.

Big numbers lol. That's for the whole of Victoria for juniors and seniors and women teams. Compare that to afl in Sydney lol
Veni, vidi, vici
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

yep, didn't a real report on afl participation in Sydney put it not far in front of the VRL atm?

No one ever said anything about Vic RL being big, it's more or less new at the junior levels and you know it.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yep it's pretty small at a senior level too. But hey, it's growing so good to see. Kids playing sport is always good and having many avenues is a great thing.
Veni, vidi, vici
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yep, that's why you decided beforehand to run it down
Fred wrote:
Big numbers lol. That's for the whole of Victoria for juniors and seniors and women teams. Compare that to afl in Sydney lol
and then come back with.
Fred wrote:
Yep it's pretty small at a senior level too.But hey, it's growing so good to see. Kids playing sport is always good and having many avenues is a great thing.
So which is it, lol or good getting kids playing sport?
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Well, it's still very very small ... But it's good it is growing .
Veni, vidi, vici
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Post by piesman2011 »

Sydney had about 10000 AR juniors playing club football if i remember correctly. AFLNSW/ACT governs all the footy in both those areas so their stats are usually combined. If I remember correctly it was somewhere in the 20000-30000 range for club numbers only for NSW/ACT.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 0

Post by piesman2011 »

Page 78 http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20 ... 12_web.pdf

Put it just under 30000 for club participation.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Where is that government report that states otherwise?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Funny how after this report was released,the AFL Have NOT commissioned another & the bloke who did expose the Bullshit is now on the AFL payroll.
LOL.

The AFL's boast of vast increases in participation numbers in western Sydney is misleading, according to a report commissioned by one of its key stakeholders.

This month's report, prepared by a Melbourne University academic at the request of AFL NSW/ACT, supports what many rugby league administrators have been saying for some time - the AFL is using registrations in its modified game of Auskick to bolster actual playing numbers.

The research appears to seriously question a claim last month by an AFL NSW senior official that participation numbers in the western Sydney region have grown by 27 per cent, or 10,000 players, in a single year.

Under the heading, ''Western Sydney - The Reality versus Perception Gap'', the report's author, David Lawson, notes: ''The reality is that junior club maturity and participation numbers appear to have stalled. There are 6 [per cent] less junior/youth players in 2012 than in 2009. The perception, however, is that the game is growing well. This perception is supported by masking low junior club numbers with Auskick numbers (Club, School and Community Auskick) and school program numbers. This optimistic, bullish perception is needed to market the game, however this perception urgently needs to be underpinned by committed junior club participants.''

Government officials at federal, state and local levels, who have poured millions of dollars into Auskick programs believing it encourages children to play regular sport, might also be alarmed to learn it can undermine actual playing numbers in Australian football.

The report says: ''In the chase for participant numbers in NSW and ACT, a shortened and often subsidised version of Auskick has been aggressively rolled out in primary schools (In-School Auskick) and after-school centres (Community Auskick) … Junior club feedback has indicated that the In-School and Community versions have, at times, harmed Club Auskick.''

It appears Sydney kids, brought up on modified versions of other football codes, might be different to children from other capitals, preferring competitive games to skill practices.

The report says, ''Soccer, rugby league and rugby union introductory programs essentially comprise modified games whereas Auskick centres concentrate on skill acquisition drills. Interviews and surveys have suggested that in Sydney there is a preference for more game-based activities to complement skill-based content.''

No surprise, therefore, the section on juniors concludes: ''Converting young Australian football samplers into regular club participants with the subsequent engagement of parents, friends and colleagues, has not yet been as successful.''

The report is at odds with a media report on September 14, quoting AFL NSW's Dean Connors, that Australian football participation in western Sydney rose 27 per cent this year, with administrators confident the full impact of the region's new AFL club, GWS Giants, is yet to be felt.

''We've grown at this stage by 27per cent from last year's participation, which was 28,306,'' Connors is quoted as saying. ''There's been substantial growth from a very high base, so we're up around that 36,000-37,000 mark in participation in greater western Sydney.''

Both AFL surveys and Connors define a ''participant'' as a ''no-less-than-six-weeks paying customer'', but according to the AFL NSW/ACT report, playing numbers in junior Australian football across all of Sydney last year was 7694.

When AFL NSW applied to Leichhardt Council to install AFL goal posts on rugby league's birthplace, Birchgrove Oval, it withdrew when asked to verify its playing numbers.

Nor is there any reason to boast about Sydney's senior numbers.

The report says: ''With the growth of senior numbers halving (from 8 [per cent] to 4 per cent]), under-18s growth dropping from 12 [per cent] to 4 [per cent] and significantly more 100-point victories in 2012 in U18 division 1 and premier divisions, there appears good reason to maintain a watching brief.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z3Cr0mBJZP

Wonder when the next report is due ?.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

piesman2011 wrote:
Sydney had about 10000 AR juniors playing club football if i remember correctly. AFLNSW/ACT governs all the footy in both those areas so their stats are usually combined. If I remember correctly it was somewhere in the 20000-30000 range for club numbers only for NSW/ACT.
Yes massive, I think the numbers they got at Birchgrove oval astounded us all :roll:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

pussycat wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
Yes massive, I think the numbers they got at Birchgrove oval astounded us all :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The lies they tell in Non heartland states are a laugh a minute to those outside the "BUBBLE".
To those inside they are gospel.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes, I think both sides like to try the spin. And why not. Look at the 1 million rl experiences the nrl put out for Victoria
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You do have to acknowledge however the in roads afl have made. Look at Sydney. 30 years ago afl was very foreign, rarely reported in the media. In saying that they still have a long way to go re media coverage and general interest with a lot of the people there. They do have a niche market share though where once they had none and the number if clubs have grown considerably. More importantly, the number of kids from Sydney and other parts of nsw where afl was non existent, is a good sign of Australian rules growth in these areas. Them we look at the Gold Coast where the suns have done a great job in embedding themselves in the local community. I have seen them go from being a side show with niche interest, and where afl was around but not very significant, to Aussie rules growing significantly at junior level. Just ask the titans and rl people who have recently expressed concern at the lack of local juniors coming through and the growth of afl.
Veni, vidi, vici