Grand final Entertainment

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Grand final Entertainment

Post by leagueiscrap »

INTERNATIONAL superstars Tom Jones and Ed Sheeran will perform on Grand Final day, with Australia's Olivia Newton-John booked to sing the national anthem.

Olivia Newton-John the one they want for national anthem

Both Jones and Sheeran will perform exclusively on Grand Final day and at the post-premiership party to be held on the MCG at the end of the Grand Final.

Mike Brady will also sing a new version of his football anthem Up There Cazaly before the national anthem.

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan said the AFL was pleased that this year's Grand Final entertainment will have performers to please everyone.

"To have two iconic international stars perform at the Grand Final is befitting the biggest event on the national sporting calendar. Sir Tom Jones’ record as one of the greatest and most enduring singers ever speaks for itself while Ed Sheeran is arguably the hottest property in music today," McLachlan said.

"The AFL finals series is for the fans, the Grand Final is the pinnacle of the AFL competition and as such we want it to touch as many people as possible. In addition to putting a freeze on this year’s finals ticket prices, we have ensured the entertainment on Grand Final day will resonate with a wide spectrum of our fans."

The AFL also announced that Hawthorn premiership coach Alan Joyce will present the Jock McHale Medal to the winning Grand Final coach.

Dual North Melbourne premiership player and Norm Smith medallist Glenn Archer will present the Norm Smith Medal on Grand Final day while former Footscray full-forward and Coleman medallist Simon Beasley will present the Coleman Medal to Lance Franklin.

All three presenters said the race for this year's flag was open with premiership coach Alan Joyce saying the Swans' forward structure would make them tough to beat.

Beasley suggested Fremantle was the dark horse for the flag with Archer saying North Melbourne's improved consistency gave it a good chance of progressing through the finals.

Joyce, who took over in 1988 from an ill Allan Jeans, coached the Hawks to a flag in 1988 and 1991. He says the feeling of holding the premiership cup aloft is the ultimate football experience.

"There is one word I always use and it is relief. After 12 months it is really hard work to get into a Grand Final and to win it. It is not easy," Joyce said. "To get there and [play] that final two hours on that final Saturday in September is the ultimate."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-01/t ... n-gf-stage

so thats the AFL list confirmed
has the NRL got anything confirmed as yet
well they should as their tickets for the GF are already for sale :lol:
who is currently on the channel 9 pay role?
that is out here judging one of their talent shows one of those people usually get a gig singing a song on GF day
both NRL & AFL have had several hit and misses in their selections in the past
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Phelpsy
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 0

Re: Grand final Entertainment

Post by Phelpsy »

Funny, I remember some fold bagging the afl for not having international acts last year ... Sad sad sad
I in myspare time I like playing baseball, wearing pink backpacks and STALKING people.I know this isn't what you would normallyshare in public but I thought it would be nice tobe honest and open so people knowmore about who I am

I have a small penis
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
INTERNATIONAL superstars Tom Jones and Ed Sheeran will perform on Grand Final day, with Australia's Olivia Newton-John booked to sing the national anthem.

Olivia Newton-John the one they want for national anthem

Both Jones and Sheeran will perform exclusively on Grand Final day and at the post-premiership party to be held on the MCG at the end of the Grand Final.

Mike Brady will also sing a new version of his football anthem Up There Cazaly before the national anthem.

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan said the AFL was pleased that this year's Grand Final entertainment will have performers to please everyone.

"To have two iconic international stars perform at the Grand Final is befitting the biggest event on the national sporting calendar. Sir Tom Jones’ record as one of the greatest and most enduring singers ever speaks for itself while Ed Sheeran is arguably the hottest property in music today," McLachlan said.

"The AFL finals series is for the fans, the Grand Final is the pinnacle of the AFL competition and as such we want it to touch as many people as possible. In addition to putting a freeze on this year’s finals ticket prices, we have ensured the entertainment on Grand Final day will resonate with a wide spectrum of our fans."

The AFL also announced that Hawthorn premiership coach Alan Joyce will present the Jock McHale Medal to the winning Grand Final coach.

Dual North Melbourne premiership player and Norm Smith medallist Glenn Archer will present the Norm Smith Medal on Grand Final day while former Footscray full-forward and Coleman medallist Simon Beasley will present the Coleman Medal to Lance Franklin.

All three presenters said the race for this year's flag was open with premiership coach Alan Joyce saying the Swans' forward structure would make them tough to beat.

Beasley suggested Fremantle was the dark horse for the flag with Archer saying North Melbourne's improved consistency gave it a good chance of progressing through the finals.

Joyce, who took over in 1988 from an ill Allan Jeans, coached the Hawks to a flag in 1988 and 1991. He says the feeling of holding the premiership cup aloft is the ultimate football experience.

"There is one word I always use and it is relief. After 12 months it is really hard work to get into a Grand Final and to win it. It is not easy," Joyce said. "To get there and [play] that final two hours on that final Saturday in September is the ultimate."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-01/t ... n-gf-stage

so thats the AFL list confirmed
has the NRL got anything confirmed as yet
well they should as their tickets for the GF are already for sale :lol:
who is currently on the channel 9 pay role?
that is out here judging one of their talent shows one of those people usually get a gig singing a song on GF day
both NRL & AFL have had several hit and misses in their selections in the past
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Attachments
ml.png
ml.png (83.04 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows
Been liked: 0

Post by Drac »

I wonder which The Voice star Channel Nine will instruct the nRL to hire.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Whomever it is will be more relevant to the people alive today than a few dead people heated up and wheeled out for the afl grand final as usual.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: tom jones was over the hill 10 years ago! Aflcrap is right, the meatloaf experience comes to mind :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

King-Eliagh wrote:
:lol: tom jones was over the hill 10 years ago! Aflcrap is right, the meatloaf experience comes to mind :lol:
who do the AFL have then?
a singer on the channel 9 payroll as a judge of a talent show, as well as one of the contestants from one of the shows :-k
hang on the NRL had that last year
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahh adumb? I don't think you got any grounds to be spouting off how god the afl are at entertainment .. :?> I got two words for ya champ. Meat. Loaf. :lol:

The nrl will have someone with talent. Like they do every year.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Ahh adumb? I don't think you got any grounds to be spouting off how god the afl are at entertainment .. :?> I got two words for ya champ. Meat. Loaf. :lol:

so who has the NRL got this year?
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

so who has the NRL got this year?
Well they decided to save over 500K & Cancel meatloaf. :wave: :wave: :wave:

🤣
Xman wrote
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Hehe, that's a funny thing, RL fans don't give a stuff about the pre game stuff, we are interested in the game. And i guess that proves it when the afl pre game and post game ratings rate higher than the bloody game itself :(/
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Hehe, that's a funny thing, RL fans don't give a stuff about the pre game stuff, we are interested in the game. And i guess that proves it when the afl pre game and post game ratings rate higher than the bloody game itself :(/
True ,every fumbling mess looks the same as evidenced by the 50K braindead fumble fans a few yrs ago
I wonder if they will get an extra 50K viewers this yr ,.
Nothing like a replay of a previous GF to get the fumblers excited,pity they are too fucking stupid to not realise the difference.

Funny no other sport has that problem :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

🤣
Xman wrote
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
it more so proves that you NRL folk are more concerned who the AFl get, than who the NRL get :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

No thickhead, we watch the footy while you guys fawn over shit entertainment before and after, the game seems to mean little to you.

Derp!