predict the TV audience for the panthers tonight

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Re: predict the TV audience for the panthers tonight

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

EVER wondered why it takes until the last quarter to get footy crowd numbers?

The answer is Marnie Nash.

It’s her job to count the crowd at every game — and she does it all by hand.

“There are just too many variables — members entry, media passes, turnstile jumpers, helicopter drops — you can’t just get a machine to count crowd numbers,” says the AFL’s official attendance counter.

The league estimates Nash gets the crowd figure spot-on when she attends matches live and to within a handful of spectators when forced to count off the TV.

For the maths whiz, counting is a labour of love.

“Some of my biggest heroes have been mathematicians ... it was a hobby turned into a passion that became a job,” she says.
Lucky this chic don't count the WSW crowds for people WATCHING the game, she'd see zero!
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

cos789 wrote:
There is a reason why the nrhell have games on Monday to broadcast - they're searching for the lowest opposition possible.
Next we'll see is full moon football. Oh that's right rl is already into mooning.
:_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

Are we.

Maybe they should get crowd counters who do it off the Tv ,like AFL do?.

That would be interesting.
Or be like AFL fans & peep in windows to gauge tv Ratings.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:
Well the results are in. 266k people watched the Panthers on Fox Monday night, making it the most viewed nRL game on foxtel this weekend. Here's where the game sits for the weekend's fox AFL ratings. I've put the crowd at the game in brackets to posit this question; are the Monday night STV ratings really worth having 1/5th of the crowd of the AFL games that had higher STV ratings anyway?

AFL Freo v Hawks 319k (35,506)
AFL Blues v Cats 278k (38,812)
AFL Ess v WCE 266k (35,905)
nRL Pen v NQ 266k (7,276)

hmmmmm :-k
lets have a lil ganda at who was playing shall we twat ? :cool:
the smallest Sydney based NRL club playing the smallest regional NRL side

lets see how the fumbles & bumbles biggest game went on FTA against the NRL's biggest this weekend shall we

Friday night NRL 1.2 Million
Thursday NRL 1.150 Million
Friday night derps & oopsies ... 675K
:shock:

8-[

:(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

that's game set & match I'd say
thank you linesmen
thank you ballboys :cool:
:lol: dwac, I think it's your turn for a retort now my son ...even tho the judges will have already unanimously voted their winner in as dave here you need to show courage now and get up there and say your last points me boy. It'll make you stronger.

*ke gives a reluctant and ashamed dwac a gentle push towards the stage while struggling damn hard to keep his sniggering inside :lol: :-$ :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows
Been liked: 0

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:

lets see how the fumbles & bumbles biggest game went on FTA against the NRL's biggest this weekend shall we

8-[

thank you linesmen
I didn't pick a random game that perfectly proved my point, YOU DID. YOU PICKED THE GAME. IT'S LITERALLY THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD THAT YOU CREATED YOU QUARTER-WIT MOONCALF! My God! I don't know what specific mental disability you have, but I bet you have trouble pronouncing it. I mean, let's recap the sequence of events here:

1) Raiderdave starts a thread asking to predict the STV audience for the Panthers v Cowboys game.
2) I reply with the ratings from the Panthers v Cowboys game.
3) Raiderdave ignores the ratings for THE VERY GAME HE STARTED A THREAD ABOUT, because one is small and the other is from out of town, and instead changes the subject IN HIS OWN THREAD to FTA ratings for completeley different games.

I knew you deflected and derailed other threads, but I had no idea you'd actually do it to your own. I don't think I've ever seen a more absurd backpeddle in someone's own thread before in my entire life.

Now, if it's okay with you no-neck, bum-fingering, dog-molesting, urine-drinking, fat, skill-less mongaloids, we'll move back to the topic of THIS THREAD. I'll ask again. The supposed reason for tolerating the awful 7k crowd at the Panthers v Cowboys game on Monday was the 'massive ratings' on Fox, yet AFL games not shown on Monday (and thus not negatively affected by the poor crowd effect of MNF) last weekend rated higher. Given this, do you think the trade-off between crowds and ratings is worth it?
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

AFL Freo v Hawks
AFL Blues v Cats
AFL Ess v WCE

And these three matches just so happen to be what would pretty much a certainty to be afl's most popular big name games on the weekend. Thus dave was right in making the comparison he did and you were wrong dwac me boy.

You've shamed urself and ur family in this whole affair. Now the honorouble thing to do is to get up there on that stage again, admit u were wrong from the get go and apologise. You'll be stronger for it dwac me boy

*ke urges dwac onto the stage once more with a more aggressive push than last time, again struggling to compose himself and not burst out loud with laughter.

Go on dwac son, apologise

:lol:

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

8-[

thank you linesmen
I didn't pick a random game that perfectly proved my point, YOU DID. YOU PICKED THE GAME. IT'S LITERALLY THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD THAT YOU CREATED YOU QUARTER-WIT MOONCALF! My God! I don't know what specific mental disability you have, but I bet you have trouble pronouncing it. I mean, let's recap the sequence of events here:

1) Raiderdave starts a thread asking to predict the STV audience for the Panthers v Cowboys game.
3) Raiderdave ignores the ratings for THE VERY GAME HE STARTED A THREAD ABOUT, because one is small and the other is from out of town, and instead changes the subject IN HIS OWN THREAD to FTA ratings for completeley different games.

I knew you deflected and derailed other threads, but I had no idea you'd actually do it to your own. I don't think I've ever seen a more absurd backpeddle in someone's own thread before in my entire life.

Now, if it's okay with you no-neck, bum-fingering, dog-molesting, urine-drinking, fat, skill-less mongaloids, we'll move back to the topic of THIS THREAD. I'll ask again. The supposed reason for tolerating the awful 7k crowd at the Panthers v Cowboys game on Monday was the 'massive ratings' on Fox, yet AFL games not shown on Monday (and thus not negatively affected by the poor crowd effect of MNF) last weekend rated higher. Given this, do you think the trade-off between crowds and ratings is worth it?
:lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<>

fumblers
the dumbest chunts on the planet

how the fuck did your games perfectly prove anything other then you're a dribbling singlet wearing fucktard :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

you chose the highest rating derps & oopsies games featuring some of the biggest feebles & dropsies clubs ... one being the GF rematch
in a pathetic attempt to discredit a game involving 2 of the NRL's smallest clubs

my thread was a direct response to your dopey lil bouncing cockhead pretend soccer lover .. who is infact a fumbling wanker ... trying to say a small crowd at Penrith in some way indicates a lack of interest in the NRL

I sat that ***** on his arse

then you chime in with your rampant spasticity
oh oh oh ... look at how our widdle fumbles & bumbles GF rematch outwated de wugby game by.....ummm .. eerrrr... 3 viewers
8-[
:?>
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
& you promptly joined him on yr date where a cockhead like you belongs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuck me
fumblers
a brain

even half a brain

something

annnnnnyyyttthhiiinnnggggggg :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Raiderdave wrote:
220K or there abouts

or

5 times most Oi league games :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<>
what a fucking joke of a comp :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Looks like you under predicted the ratings for the NRL RD, thats a first. ;)
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

8-[

thank you linesmen

I think RD was trying to say that it would be a crap ratings night but still be much bigger than the soccer ratings. Maybe im wrong but he wasn't really looking at the AFL for once. Of course the AFL flogged the NRL they do most weeks ;)
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

piesman2011 wrote:
Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

8-[

thank you linesmen

I think RD was trying to say that it would be a crap ratings night but still be much bigger than the soccer ratings. Maybe im wrong but he wasn't really looking at the AFL for once.
yep
the smartest fumbler gets it right .. again
infact
hes the only fumbler that gets anything even remotely right 8-[
Last edited by Raiderdave on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

piesman2011 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
220K or there abouts

or

5 times most Oi league games :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<>
what a fucking joke of a comp :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Looks like you under predicted the ratings for the NRL RD, thats a first. ;)
yeah .. how bout that ?
266K is a pretty respectable result in anyones speak considering the 2 teams playing ................
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:

how the fuck did your games perfectly prove anything other then you're a dribbling singlet wearing fucktard :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

you chose the highest rating derps & oopsies games featuring some of the biggest feebles & dropsies clubs ... one being the GF rematch
in a pathetic attempt to discredit a game involving 2 of the NRL's smallest clubs
Yes, THAT WAS THE POINT!! These were the three AFL games that outrated the Penrith v Cowboys game on STV last weekend. They didn't require the Monday night timeslot to do it, and thus the crowds at these games didn't suffer negatively as a result. This led to my question, still unanswered by any of you throwballers; Do you think the trade-off between crowds and ratings on Monday night is worth it? It's literally a yes/no question, not sure why you're all struggling with it? FWIW I'd say the answer is no, the trade-off isn't worth it, and MNF should be moved to Saturday afternoons.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Just apologise now dwac or raider'll drop ion ur arse again

xman wrote:
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

Yes, THAT WAS THE POINT!! These were the three AFL games that outrated the Penrith v Cowboys game on STV last weekend. They didn't require the Monday night timeslot to do it, and thus the crowds at these games didn't suffer negatively as a result. This led to my question, still unanswered by any of you throwballers; Do you think the trade-off between crowds and ratings on Monday night is worth it? It's literally a yes/no question, not sure why you're all struggling with it? FWIW I'd say the answer is no, the trade-off isn't worth it, and MNF should be moved to Saturday afternoons.
I would also answer no. The players dont like it, the real supporters who go to most of the games dont like it. It's only good for the casual TV watching audience. I dont mind Thursday night for a blockbuster (it needs to be a good game with big crowd support) but Mondays are crap.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

King-Eliagh wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
eliagh your a wanker :thumbleft:
WTF are you going to do?
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

leagueiscrap wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
eliagh your a wanker :thumbleft:
WTF are you going to do?
Classic adumb. :lol: his question is already answered but he...he remains ignorantly unaware :lol:

They say the questions one asks can be a sign of intelligence. Adumb, I'll help you out bro. I'm not going to do anything but sit back and enjoy watching raiderdave drop dwac on his arse.

:)

xman wrote: