A descriptive analysis of the soccer code

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: A descriptive analysis of the soccer code

Post by King-Eliagh »

cos789 wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
cos789 wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
it'd be hard for them to understand my life ....
that my only joy in life is posting fictitious bs on a message board!!! :cheers:
^^^

Poor bastard. He's prob never been out of Perth this one :lol:
Are you looking in the mirror again KE ??
That could be a problem for you.
Watch it when you go for a leak and don't copy anything those rl big boys do.
^^^ comeback of the century :lol:

Comon cos me boy. More effort!

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman
Been liked: 0

Post by cos789 »

Unfortunately KE has rail roaded a serious question I have for TFC and our resident soccer fan.
Now I don't like soccer but I certainly don't hate it either.
I prefer other football codes with more balance and physicality.
The question is to soccer fans is: are you completely happy with the way soccer is played today
or can you see improvements that could be made?
Could it be like cricket where we have a traditional form and new experimental popular forms.
Nice try Cos.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I went to a comedy show last eve and the comedian brought up the wanking on soccer players do each and every game, the dives, the faking, the whole bloody pantomime. Unsurprisingly he, a man with intelligence, noted how ingrained and accepted this rubbish is in the sport. He suggested the same is done to soccer players as racing horses. I.e if the player is writhing in agony and appears to have a broken leg which will forever put him out of the game an official enters the scene with a gun to put said player down. Twould get the fukkers up off the deck quick smart.

Oh and cos how on gods green earth did I railroad ur qs above? Jesus dude, stop crying and ask the question.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
cos789
Coach
Coach

Post by cos789 »

You are a comedy show KE.
Nice try Cos.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

cos789 wrote:
The question is to soccer fans is: are you completely happy with the way soccer is played today
or can you see improvements that could be made?
Could it be like cricket where we have a traditional form and new experimental popular forms.
of course there are plenty of improvements to be made and plenty of things i hate about it

this world cup introduced ball line technology for the first time and free kick spray, stuff that should of been around ages ago but finally fifa are changing their tune

i hate diving, i hate fan violence, i hate rich club bias in the top leagues etc, not everything is perfect. all of these things are being dealt with in different ways, not always successful but at the end of the day none of it is enough to deter me from the game

as far as new forms well, we have futsal which is 5 a side soccer on smaller pitches which is a popular niche sport around the world with its own world cup and its own pro teams, i love playing futsal, not so much a fan of watching it though

i dont think soccer will ever go down the route that cricket has done by implementing 50 then 20 over games unless you count futsal(which has been around forever anyway) and beach soccer. there is just too much money and interest in normal soccer for anything else to come along and make radical changes
cos789
Coach
Coach

Post by cos789 »

You mention minor adjustments but watching a fair bit of wc I see the ambiguity in "tackling" as problematical.
Also they need to continually reduce player numbers in extra time.
I still see the number of "rogues" (corner kicks) as a better method of decision than penalty kicks which are just a big gamble.
Even the offside rule. Why not just have it in the penalty box.
Anything to encourage more attacking play.
Nice try Cos.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

cos789 wrote:
You mention minor adjustments but watching a fair bit of wc I see the ambiguity in "tackling" as problematical.
Also they need to continually reduce player numbers in extra time.
I still see the number of "rogues" (corner kicks) as a better method of decision than penalty kicks which are just a big gamble.
Even the offside rule. Why not just have it in the penalty box.
Anything to encourage more attacking play.
the players are already exhausted as is, why would you make it any worse? change for the sake of entertainment isnt always the best thing for a 'competitive sport'. its a sport first and foremost and i dont see anything wrong at all with how extra time is currently.

no idea what you meant by corners and penalties...if you mean penalties should be scrapped for fouls in the box then i disagree completely.

if there was no offside rule there would be no point in having midfielders

just lump the ball aimlessly towards the box and hope for the best

some things like that are better left un-touched

i dont want to see soccer turning into 20/20 cricket. the sport - to me anyway and billions around the world are entertaining regardless of adding changes in like you've suggested. to be honest, if you yourself would require these changes for the sport to be more appealing to you then soccer just might not be your thing, a lot of people are like that about any sport

things like diving and play acting, cant stand it but i will never allow something like that to overshadow a game for me
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

there isn't a sport in the world that is going to be entertaining for everyone that watches it. if you find one id love to see it

scrapping the offside rule in soccer would be like allowing forward passes in rugby league or removing the ability to take marks in aussie rules. its a rule that has implementations on the entire game itself and if taken out would change just about everything in a bad way
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

It's alright SFC KE is only interested in seeing guys getting packed In a scrum! Hahaha
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
cos789
Coach
Coach

Post by cos789 »

sydneyfc wrote:
there isn't a sport in the world that is going to be entertaining for everyone that watches it. if you find one id love to see it

scrapping the offside rule in soccer would be like allowing forward passes in rugby league or removing the ability to take marks in aussie rules. its a rule that has implementations on the entire game itself and if taken out would change just about everything in a bad way
You didn't read my post.
I said scrap the offside outside of the box.
And I see the benefit in only penalising deliberate forward passes, deliberate handballs. Makes Umpiring harder but the game better.
In AR many people have suggested disallowing a mark for a ball kicked backwards or requiring a minium number of players in the 50m arc etc.
And what is wrong with goal hangers?? Cannot and should not a team man up? Are you saying soccer players are so stupid they cannot man up?
And what is wrong with a bit more scoring FFS??
Soccer advanced when they disallowed a goalie from picking up an own kick. There can be good improvements.
RU disallowed the FB from running back and licking the ball out and rl increased the offside from 5m to 10m.
Nice try Cos.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

cos789 wrote:
sydneyfc wrote:

You didn't read my post.
I said scrap the offside outside of the box.
And I see the benefit in only penalising deliberate forward passes, deliberate handballs. Makes Umpiring harder but the game better.
In AR many people have suggested disallowing a mark for a ball kicked backwards or requiring a minium number of players in the 50m arc etc.
And what is wrong with goal hangers?? Cannot and should not a team man up? Are you saying soccer players are so stupid they cannot man up?
And what is wrong with a bit more scoring FFS??
Soccer advanced when they disallowed a goalie from picking up an own kick. There can be good improvements.
RU disallowed the FB from running back and licking the ball out and rl increased the offside from 5m to 10m.
keeping offsides restricted to just the boxes is just as detrimental. would mean no midfield play, no emphasis on possession, just lump it to the box. would make teams sit with 9 defenders in their box too, making the game even more boring if you didn't like it before. field position and possession are incredibly important in soccer. such rules would kill it altogether.

not allowing goalkeepers to pick up back passes made sense because teams would sit on a lead and never venture outside of their own half

some of the best games ive seen have been 0-0 draws. entertainment value in this sport isn't always determined on how many goals are scored

none of the suggestions you've listen would improve the game at all in my opinion and i think it would be more detrimental for the fans than have a positive effect. you cant cater to the very miniscule amount of people that would even want something like that ahead of the overwhelming majority.

interestingly - a few months back, the person that started that auckland tournament for rugby league teams also tried to vito the ffa into doing something similar, same sized pitches but only 5 players per side, no goalkeepers, no offsides. and everyone i spoke to or talked about it on forums, social media and real life thought it was the dumbest thing ever

i can understand the value for non soccer fans who don't like the sport as it is. but i'd emplore you to instead sit down and watch more games closely - heck even follow a team. it'll grow on you eventually. if you already do that but don't really enjoy it then that's cool.
cos789
Coach
Coach

Post by cos789 »

If soccer is so entertaining why don't people watch the nsl?
Soccer toady is about defensive setups, offside traps, moving the ball down the wings to force a corner kick and manufacture a goal from there or go inbound and draw a penalty in the box.
Midfield play is typically very boring. And you have the slightest imagination. If a team puts numbers in it's attacking half that means the defensive half is lacking.
Have you seen a game of GAA? A very attractive game that soccer should be like. When Australia Vs Ireland IR was big news in the UK the GAA got a big boost in interest from British soccer fans.
Nice try Cos.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach

Post by sydneyfc »

cos789 wrote:
If soccer is so entertaining why don't people watch the nsl?
Soccer toady is about defensive setups, offside traps, moving the ball down the wings to force a corner kick and manufacture a goal from there or go inbound and draw a penalty in the box.
Midfield play is typically very boring. And you have the slightest imagination. If a team puts numbers in it's attacking half that means the defensive half is lacking.
Have you seen a game of GAA? A very attractive game that soccer should be like. When Australia Vs Ireland IR was big news in the UK the GAA got a big boost in interest from British soccer fans.
I dont know what GAA is exactly but if it's the international term for AFL then i'll pass as i don't find it as entertaining to watch as soccer. See i can play it that way too. No matter how many tackles or catches or goals are scored it will never be as appealing to me as soccer is right now. Obviously you're in the minority if you think soccer can be narrowed down to a game where the aim is to win a corner or get a penalty. If the game is really as simple as the way you put it then no one would be interested in it at all.

the nsl died in 2004. If you mean the A-League well for starters it's new, and still growing. It's not even 10 years old, started with brand new clubs from scratch, no in built culture whatsoever.

Also there's a plethora of eurosnobs in Australia that support teams overseas but not the local league. Every country has them but they are most prevalent in Australia, Canada and the USA. Also in many parts of South-East Asia and central Africa where most professional leagues in those countries are still young.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Swans4ever wrote:
It's alright SFC KE is only interested in seeing guys getting packed In a scrum! Hahaha

as opposed to the ...... fisting 8-[ ... that goes on in your embarrassment of a sport eh pretend GI Joe

that was a great bit of fisting there
:shock:
:?>

... I hear this all the time from bumbleball commentators :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:

as opposed to the ...... fisting 8-[ ... that goes on in your embarrassment of a sport eh pretend GI Joe

that was a great bit of fisting there
:shock:
:?>

... I hear this all the time from bumbleball commentators :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Why do RL players always seem to tackle opposition players so their faces end up near their opponents groin - is that so that can do some bubbling together???? Hahaha pissy pants is that what you meant by it takes courage to piss in the mouth - what is it with you and urine???? You and your hero's like drinking and you like get around town covered in it????? Hahaha is that why you like to relax in a urine soaked nappy????
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS