Is it tough to get an afl footy contract?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs
Been liked: 0

Re: Is it tough to get an afl footy contract?

Post by Cracker »

I can safely say that should I obtain the position of moderator, this "one white parent" business will be banned as a false claim under the new rules that were instituted a little while ago.
214Four wrote:
well cracker i think if a professional gaelic team played an amateur Aussie rules team in internatioal rules (on an afl oval) the gaelic team would not struggle and should win or be very close like any professional team playing an ameteur team in a sport that is very simular (like AFL and Gaelic football or rugby and Rugby league), and not made fools of like some other so called professional team has... :>::
I do not agree that Aussie Rules and Gaelic Football are that similar. There are differences that allow such situations as amateurs bettering professionals to occur.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Cracker wrote:
I can safely say that should I obtain the position of moderator, this "one white parent" business will be banned as a false claim under the new rules that were instituted a little while ago.
214Four wrote:
well cracker i think if a professional gaelic team played an amateur Aussie rules team in internatioal rules (on an afl oval) the gaelic team would not struggle and should win or be very close like any professional team playing an ameteur team in a sport that is very simular (like AFL and Gaelic football or rugby and Rugby league), and not made fools of like some other so called professional team has... :>::
I do not agree that Aussie Rules and Gaelic Football are that similar. There are differences that allow such situations as amateurs bettering professionals to occur.

Reports are printed in your own new newpapers . But I suspect we will be burning those. You do know that eventually your going to have to pull your head out of the sand and face up to reality. It's not just going to go away. Who's going to tuck you into bed at night and read you the stories about horses that fly with butterfly wings and bumble bee's that have lost there sting when D retires?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Cracker wrote:

Reports are printed in your own new newpapers . But I suspect we will be burning those. You do know that eventually your going to have to pull your head out of the sand and face up to reality. It's not just going to go away. Who's going to tuck you into bed at night and read you the stories about horses that fly with butterfly wings and bumble bee's that have lost there sting when D retires?

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by 214Four »

Cracker wrote:
so the power and control is going to turn you into a communist dr phill... what next a large picture of you pointing in the distance on the top of the webpage

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

You two fricking liars! THERE IS NO SUCH RULE!! All you can show are reports based on assumptions that are miles away from the truth! It's false and both of you geese should just fricking accept it!!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by 214Four »

well we could maybe ask some half cast anglo/indigenous players and see if it was hard for them... oh i couldnt find any.

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

214Four wrote:
Cracker wrote:
so the power and control is going to turn you into a communist dr phill... what next a large picture of you pointing in the distance on the top of the webpage
:lol: I think you're spot on there 214. Cwackers desperate for the power! He wants it real bad because he cant compete intellectually, nor with humour, nor wit, nor great knowledge of the codes. He needs to eat some humble pie and things will work in his favour in the end but no, when the power of moderation is within grasp, this nut bag will launch at it wide eyed and open mouthed. Beaussie likes givin it to this type of fool so crackers a real good shot at the spot.

It should be quite amusing if he gets it. That is if we're not all banned within the week :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
You two fricking liars! THERE IS NO SUCH RULE!! All you can show are reports based on assumptions that are miles away from the truth! It's false and both of you geese should just fricking accept it!!
It's an unspoken law in your racist game -

AT LEAST one AFL club recruiter has privately admitted to the league that he and his club would be unlikely to draft an indigenous player unless at least one parent were white.

Some clubs have also told the AFL they were now more reluctant than ever about recruiting Aboriginal players because they provided a difficult management issue. Other clubs, however, remain firmly committed to recruiting Aboriginal players.

The AFL approached several recruiters recently to talk in general terms about rumours of unease at some clubs about recruiting indigenous players, and the drop in the number of indigenous players in the game this year. There are 80 indigenous Australians on AFL lists this year, down from 85 in each of the past two years.

The complexity of the varied cultural backgrounds that AFL players come from was brought into sharp focus by the arrest in Yuendumu of Melbourne player Liam Jurrah for an alleged assault with a machete last week.

Jason Mifsud, the AFL's community engagement manager, confirmed there was a disturbing attitude existing at some clubs. ''I have had direct conversations with a number of recruiting officers. A recruiter from one club told me that 'unless they have a white parent we are not going to draft an Aboriginal player, and our club would not be alone in that.' That is a mindset that is permeating back through parts of the industry.

Fortunately, there are still many clubs that embrace Aboriginal talent," said Mifsud, whose role includes managing indigenous affairs.

Mifsud warned that if the attitude achieved a stronger foothold the AFL would "turn 180 degrees and within five years we would have undone 15 years of hard work and progress".

"When people start talking about race as part of a recruiting decision, and then splitting that out to be a question of mixed race, fundamentally people are going into areas they have no idea about. It is ignorant and offensive," he said.

Mifsud said the naivety of some attitudes meant that, "If you are too black you are not going to get drafted, and in [places such as] Warrnambool, you are not black enough so you are not going to get drafted."

Mifsud said AFL had been the rarity in Australian society in that it gave Aboriginal people a sense of identity and inclusiveness.

"The one vehicle this country has had in the last 15 years to elevate, celebrate and recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity is football, and if that door is going to start to get shut on us then we are going to fight and scratch to keep it open. Because if these prevailing mindsets are as strong as we hear they are, we must fight to change them."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl- ... z30pj1HiU1

NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

It's already been established that Mifsud LIED, you goose! Knock it off!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

pussycat wrote:
It's not easy at all, there are strict rules. You need to have least one white parent.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
It's already been established that Mifsud LIED, you goose! Knock it off!
Settle down .'
One Whitey parent Ball is open to all people ....with One white parent
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I've played Gaelic and marngrook. They're heaps similar cracker ya twit. Oh yeah and ahh wasn't it ur statement that if ya haven't played then you can't comment? :lol: your all over yourself like a bull to a red rag cracker!! :(/

Keep it up champ! Throw some combos to your chin now. Left right left hook! =D>

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

No they are not, King Eliagh, and the main reason is because of the ball that is used and how goals are scored. You are not telling the truth.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Shut yer silly yapping dipshit. The whole world, no scratch that, a fair few in south Eastern Australia and some other small smattering a in southern aus and Ireland know they're freakin similar.

I mean, the whole reason they developed the hybrid version was because of the extreme similarities of both codes dipshit. :lol:

Cwacker you gotta settle down champ. Maybe post less and think a bit more? You're looking way stoopider than when u came into this joint and with your aims to become mod this is all quite bad timing. :lol:

Ease off and think matey ;)

xman wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

Your abuse is noted. If the codes were so similar there would have been no need for a hybrid version of the game.

Now are you able to respond without the personal abuse?