Is it tough to get an afl footy contract?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Is it tough to get an afl footy contract?

Post by King-Eliagh »

will train the right applicants

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs
Been liked: 0

Post by Cracker »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Thanks phelpsy. Cracker we know they're not taking everyone that comes. I mean you gotta look fairly thin, fit snugly into a women's size 6 fluoro green bikini bottom and probably own some kind of well groomed lapdog.

But in terms of playing the game the evidence is unanimous, no experience necessary :lol:
The issue is how tough it is to gain an AFL contract, and you are moving the goal posts. The answer is "No".

If you disagree I challenge you to go and get one yourself. If it is as easy as that, you should have no difficulty.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Compared to nrl it's a sinch. And I must say, the ease with which I picked up and outshone players with more than 10 years experience in a matter of only months playing the sport...I reckon given the chance I wouldn't of found it too difficult to break into the afl. :oops:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

Then stop talking and do it.
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by 214Four »

The AFL is a big fish in a goldfish bowel. without any 'real' international presence AFL players all come from the same coaching background. Their skill sets are not shaken up and improved through competition anywhere near as much as sportspeople who play against and with overseas players because they come from different coaching structures. Different sports science etc.

Evidence to this is how the 'all australian' afl side which is full of professional athletes struggle against a team of Irish amarteurs. A professional team should be better skilled, fitter and even though the rules are alittle different they should have no issues distroying a bunch of part timers. An English rugby league team played against an English rugby club I. A game of rl an a game of rugby. At the time the rugby league team was professional and the rugby team was amarteur and because of this the rl team flogged the union side at rugby league and just lost in Union. If those teams played today with both teams now professional each side would flog the other in their code.

This is probably also why the AFL doesn't seem to think junior soccer and rugby league rep players will have any issue being successful in AFL and sign them up to play in the codes biggest league when they have never even held one of those red Shitty balls. You would never see a soccer team sign an afl star to play in any league, not even the australian state leagues lol, and no NRL club would ever sign an afl player let alone have him in the run on squad, yet the afl sign players from other codes left right and centre and most wouldn't even no what afl stands for let alone the rules of the game. Tell me which code seems to be the easiest to get a contact in??

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

Now this contribution from 214Four is much better, not that I really agree with it. It presents solid and valid argument.

Where I have the issue is the perceived assumption that the AFL rely in it's recruitment on general athletic skill. If this was true they wouldn't be bothering funding junior Aussie Rules at the elite level (TAC Cup in Victoria and the Teal Cup for instance). I'm not saying that it's not a factor in recruitment. After all, they are wanting the fittest because the game is so quick. But playing in the AFL is much more than just fitness. It's ball skills and tackling skills as well. Striking a balance between all of them is not easily achieved.

The reason why the AFL gets beaten by the GAA is simple. AFL players are not trained for the round ball. It's bounce is true unlike the Aussie Rules football. Gaelic football is actually quite a simple game which even amateurs can be very good at. The issue reflects on the focused coaching within AFL structures. Such a focus goes against what is needed in preparation for a game against Ireland in my opinion.

And let's make one thing clear. Those who are recruited are not guaranteed an AFL contract. It still has to be earned. Whilst being recruited maybe easy (as I have challenged King Eliagh to do), gaining an AFL contract is another step and that is a step that is far more difficult to take.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

All the excuses in the world wont change the fact that a bunch of Butchers bakers & farmers who took time out of their busy spud picking schedule smashed the supposed bestest most athletic Derpers on the planet.

& it saved Billy Slater lining up again to show how inept & unco these tards really are.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
All the excuses in the world wont change the fact that a bunch of Butchers bakers & farmers who took time out of their busy spud picking schedule smashed the supposed bestest most athletic Derpers on the planet.

& it saved Billy Slater lining up again to show how inept & unco these tards really are.
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Haha it was all a good post AFLC but the bolded content is classic

NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Hey, goose, before it became fully pro there were plenty of butchers bakers and farmers playing AFL as well!!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
Hey, goose, before it became fully pro there were plenty of butchers bakers and farmers playing AFL as well!!
HAHAHAHA totally missed the point spambot. you need to go back to your programer and fix your glitches

NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

No I didn't. You showed how little you know about ANYTHING!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

214Four wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
HAHAHAHA totally missed the point spambot. you need to go back to your programer and fix your glitches
Him & the point don't meet too often.
Let me explain it in simple terms..This braindead moron prob still wont get it .

Cwapper . it does not matter if AFL players USED TO be working men with jobs.
The point is they ARE NOT NOW .
They are fully professional sportsderps who got beaten by sportsman who still are working men with jobs.
That means THEY ARE NOT FULL TIME professionals.
They are either semi pro or amateur.
Says a lot about how good fumblers are when they step out of the insular ******* bubble.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

AFLcrap1 wrote:

How would those people go on an Aussie Rules field though?

I stated that Gaelic Football is a simple game that anyone can play. Experience however, like in every sport, goes in favour of those who play the game regularly. Athleticism will not make a difference to this. It's a good example of the old saying; A champion team will beat a team of champions every time.
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

well cracker i think if a professional gaelic team played an amateur Aussie rules team in internatioal rules (on an afl oval) the gaelic team would not struggle and should win or be very close like any professional team playing an ameteur team in a sport that is very simular (like AFL and Gaelic football or rugby and Rugby league), and not made fools of like some other so called professional team has... :>::

pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

It's not easy at all, there are strict rules. You need to have least one white parent.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys