GCS & AFL to build new 20 million Headquarters

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

GCS & AFL to build new 20 million Headquarters

Post by adamj1300 »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 6891777604
THE Gold Coast Suns will move into a new $20 million headquarters within a $106m redevelopment of the Carrara precinct that will be transformed after the Commonwealth Games into a high-performance centre for hire.

The vision of the Government and the Games planning committee is for Carrara to become an elite training destination that targets international sporting organisations such as English Premier League clubs and international rugby sides for pre-season training camps and potentially pump millions annually into the Queensland economy.

PRINT YOUR FREE AFL TIPPING SHEET

The plans for the redevelopment of Carrara, released by Minister for State Development, Infrastructure and Planning Jeff Seeney include two multi-sport indoor stadiums, an upgrade of Metricon Stadium and another outdoor sporting field.

There will also be an aquatic centre.

The finals plans will be submitted to the Commonwealth Games planning committee next month. Work will begin later this year and is expected to be completed in 2016.

The Suns must contribute $20m to their training and administration centre and vacate it during the Games so the facility can be used for badminton and fencing tournaments as well as the control hub for Games officials.

GOLD COAST SUNS PRESS CONFERENCE 5:39
Play video
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/exte ... z9c5xuj3mc
Gold Coast Suns coach Guy McKenna says his side won under 'ugly' circumstances against the Melbourne Demons.
Suns chairman John Witheriff said the philosophy behind the planning for the precinct was that it became a financial asset for the city after the Games as a key elite sporting destination.

He said the Suns, as major tenants, would have a role to play in managing the facility.

“If you look at the Indian situation after their Commonwealth Games, a lot of those assets are simply being bulldozed and knocked down,” he said.

“That's not going to happen in Queensland, the Gold Coast Suns are going to have to wear the costs and expense of ensuring that a number of those legacy assets are maintained for benefit of community.

“It just won't be a piece of Gold Coast Suns infrastructure, it will be one where the Suns interact with a whole lot of other sporting teams and our skills are shared and our medical information shared and out athletic knowledge is shared.”

Last month senior Suns officials and senior architects from BVN Donovan Hill toured the facilities of AFL clubs Essendon, the Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne, Carlton and GWS.

Senior Suns official Andrew Travis, who oversaw the development of Metricon Stadium, is closely involved in the planning process.

Travis worked on the AAMI Park precinct in Melbourne and has been seconded to the planning committee for the new AFL venue in Perth.

Witheriff said his presence ensured the Suns' designs requirements would be met.

“What is really positive is we're deeply included in the process, our staff are working with the planning staff and architects and we have been intimately designed with the design process,” he said.

nice to see the AFL investing in infrastructure again. =D>

now when will the NRL spend some of their 50million dollar profit & what on?
cardboard cut outs, so they can make their fudged crowds look bigger?
more leagues clubs and poke licences
:lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: GCS & AFL to build new 20 million Headquarters

Post by AFLcrap1 »

adamj1300 wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 6891777604
THE Gold Coast Suns will move into a new $20 million headquarters within a $106m redevelopment of the Carrara precinct that will be transformed after the Commonwealth Games into a high-performance centre for hire.

The vision of the Government and the Games planning committee is for Carrara to become an elite training destination that targets international sporting organisations such as English Premier League clubs and international rugby sides for pre-season training camps and potentially pump millions annually into the Queensland economy.

PRINT YOUR FREE AFL TIPPING SHEET

The plans for the redevelopment of Carrara, released by Minister for State Development, Infrastructure and Planning Jeff Seeney include two multi-sport indoor stadiums, an upgrade of Metricon Stadium and another outdoor sporting field.

There will also be an aquatic centre.

The finals plans will be submitted to the Commonwealth Games planning committee next month. Work will begin later this year and is expected to be completed in 2016.

The Suns must contribute $20m to their training and administration centre and vacate it during the Games so the facility can be used for badminton and fencing tournaments as well as the control hub for Games officials.

GOLD COAST SUNS PRESS CONFERENCE 5:39
Play video
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/exte ... z9c5xuj3mc
Gold Coast Suns coach Guy McKenna says his side won under 'ugly' circumstances against the Melbourne Demons.
Suns chairman John Witheriff said the philosophy behind the planning for the precinct was that it became a financial asset for the city after the Games as a key elite sporting destination.

He said the Suns, as major tenants, would have a role to play in managing the facility.

“If you look at the Indian situation after their Commonwealth Games, a lot of those assets are simply being bulldozed and knocked down,” he said.

“That's not going to happen in Queensland, the Gold Coast Suns are going to have to wear the costs and expense of ensuring that a number of those legacy assets are maintained for benefit of community.

“It just won't be a piece of Gold Coast Suns infrastructure, it will be one where the Suns interact with a whole lot of other sporting teams and our skills are shared and our medical information shared and out athletic knowledge is shared.”

Last month senior Suns officials and senior architects from BVN Donovan Hill toured the facilities of AFL clubs Essendon, the Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne, Carlton and GWS.

Senior Suns official Andrew Travis, who oversaw the development of Metricon Stadium, is closely involved in the planning process.

Travis worked on the AAMI Park precinct in Melbourne and has been seconded to the planning committee for the new AFL venue in Perth.

Witheriff said his presence ensured the Suns' designs requirements would be met.

“What is really positive is we're deeply included in the process, our staff are working with the planning staff and architects and we have been intimately designed with the design process,” he said.

nice to see the AFL investing in infrastructure again. =D>

:lol:
:[] :[] :[] :[] :[] :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 6888977676

GREATER Western Sydney is investigating a poker machine play to help fund its fledgling operations.

Giants chairman Tony Shepherd confirmed the club was considering getting into gaming machines, while acknowledging concerns over “social implications”.

GWS would become the 12th AFL club to tie its fortunes to the controversial industry.

The move comes as forces linked to billionaire pokies king Bruce Mathieson seek to take control of Carlton, which reaps a $2 million annual profit from machines linked to Mathieson.

Figures show the AFL competition is increasingly reliant on poker machine revenues.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Bit of a joke to bring up the life blood of rl crapper.
Nice try Cos.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

cos789 wrote:
Bit of a joke to bring up the life blood of rl crapper.
Just showing what a hypocrite some of you fumblers are.

If RL does it ..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how bad.

AFL do it ...no problem.

& read the article it seems that Pokies are inyour words becoming "The Life Blood " of Derpball clubs.

GWS would become the 12th AFL club to tie its fortunes to the controversial industry.

The move comes as forces linked to billionaire pokies king Bruce Mathieson seek to take control of Carlton, which reaps a $2 million annual profit from machines linked to Mathieson.

Figures show the AFL competition is increasingly reliant on poker machine revenues.

:))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :)))

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

What's your post got to do with the gc suns story crapper? It's great news for the suns and for the Gold Coast.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Phelpsy wrote:
What's your post got to do with the gc suns story crapper? It's great news for the suns and for the Gold Coast.
Are you fucking blind..
Go read it again ..
Its not the story its the usual dig that Adumbliar has at RL about Pokies when the AFL does the same .
Then Cosfruitloop joins in ...
Dumber than dog shit those pair.

Here I will save you a couple of hours looking for it..I only had it Bolded & in huge text.

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

So what do you think of the article and story ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

He wont say - he will just focus on one small comment - he is exactly what he accuses others of - a master of deflection!

The fact is if the Titans had been choosen he would have posted 10 articles by now!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Phelpsy wrote:
Are you fucking blind..
Go read it again ..
Its not the story its the usual dig that Adumbliar has at RL about Pokies when the AFL does the same .
Then Cosfruitloop joins in ...
Dumber than dog shit those pair.

Here I will save you a couple of hours looking for it..I only had it Bolded & in huge text.

are you going to comment about the actual article, virginboy? :lol:
afl invests to grow the game, the NRL does not, just do a heap of chest beating. invests to survive, eg pokes

if you really want a pokie argument, start a thread up, and go and beat your chest. find some nrl club annual reports as well, and lets go to to town!
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs

Post by Cracker »

Back on topic, I found it curious that the Indians knocked down their venues after they hosted the Commonwealth Games. That was very narrow minded of them. You would think they would have been proud of such venues and kept them for posterity and planned ahead.

The AFL and the Suns have clearly looked to take advantage of all the work being done in preparation for the Games in 2018. I am not aware of any attempt by the Titans to do the same, and this is a serious error on their part.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Haha keep spending all that money like it came down in the last shower.

Fools.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Haha keep spending all that money like it came down in the last shower.

Fools.
Are you serious your not suggesting that money spend on infrastructure is not money well spent are you - FFS do you want to be playing at shabby run down suburban venues forever Parra??? No wonder the NRL is 20 yrs behind because you can't see past this year!!!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Hehe, and all that time and beyond the new frontier clubs, all four will be feasting on the teat that is the AFL and especially those heartland clubs who continue to get the run around because of some * in the AFL handbook that says everyone must back expansion no matter what. They'll be the ones to suffer move, merge or die.

What if the crowds continue to go down for some in the frontier regions while the other teams are barely picking up any noobies or cross over bandwagoners?

Hey, what happens if the TV ratings continue in their downward spiral?

I remember when the Swans and Lions used to rate around 150k a week at least for a time, and the Lions getting over 200k on a Thursday night in Brisbane once or twice on FTA tv. These days, all 4 teams could play and it mightn't necessarily get within a whisker of them old margins, hehe, maybe even two weeks straight.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Hehe, and all that time and beyond the new frontier clubs, all four will be feasting on the teat that is the AFL and especially those heartland clubs who continue to get the run around because of some * in the AFL handbook that says everyone must back expansion no matter what. They'll be the ones to suffer move, merge or die.

What if the crowds continue to go down for some in the frontier regions while the other teams are barely picking up any noobies or cross over bandwagoners?

I remember when the Swans and Lions used to rate around 150k a week at least for a time, and the Lions getting over 200k on a Thursday night in Brisbane once or twice on FTA tv. These days, all 4 teams could play and it mightn't necessarily get within a whisker of them old margins, hehe, maybe even two weeks straight.
Again well wait and see if the NRL expands to Perth and what their ratings are - what is the Storms rating this year in Melbourne are they any better than either the Swans or Lions in their home states?
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Not many programs rate over 100k on the secondary channels
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.