Not even a point for Missing.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Re: Not even a point for Missing.

Post by Swans4ever »

Has been happening for many years in the EFL and surrounding leagues - it is about participation at that level and if there is only a desire to win kids might not get a fair share of ground time due to their skill level - human nature being what it is a coach and player will always want to win - removing the notion of winning is a step towards reducing the chance of players not getting an equal go. I don't think it's such a big deal and having coached at that level it hasn't been.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

It's certainly not a big deal because players generally know who scored the most goals.
I would have preferred that scoring was made optional rather than banned.
i.e. there was no requirement for goal umpires to keep score.
Nice try Cos.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Xman wrote:
Have a cry Dave. The kids will vote with their feet. If they don't like it theyll play something else. Most 9 year olds would be told to ignore the scoreboard and just play the game for fun anyway
Have you ever coached kids.?
I have ,& I can guarantee ,they care about the score ,& the scoreboard.

Kids are naturally competitive,& you cant just take that away.

How do they learn to win or lose gracefully.

How do you develop mental strength,to come from behind & pull off a win ,if scores are not important..

& XMAN ,have a read of the comments on that story...300+ last time I looked ,& about 1 in 100 were in support of it ,
The rest,parents/coaches etc ,were livid.
I think that should be enough warning that the idea is stupid.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Heck when we trained during the little games between the forwards and backs both teams always tried to win.

We'd always knew side which got on top.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Xman wrote:
Have a cry Dave. The kids will vote with their feet. If they don't like it theyll play something else. Most 9 year olds would be told to ignore the scoreboard and just play the game for fun anyway
Have you ever coached kids.?
I have ,& I can guarantee ,they care about the score ,& the scoreboard.

Kids are naturally competitive,& you cant just take that away.

How do they learn to win or lose gracefully.

How do you develop mental strength,to come from behind & pull off a win ,if scores are not important..

& XMAN ,have a read of the comments on that story...300+ last time I looked ,& about 1 in 100 were in support of it ,
The rest,parents/coaches etc ,were livid.
I think that should be enough warning that the idea is stupid.
The kids know the score - they also know who is winning - what it does do is take the competitive parents out of wanting the best kids on the field for the whole game - It's not a big deal - when I coached I had 3 groups and rotated each group from back to mid to forwards - when we went to under 11's most of the parents and kids only wanted to win - there was always pressure from some parents that the kids who didn't get it should get less time than the good kids. Kids will be exposed to 'winning' games soon enough what does it matter! I think this isn't really an issue - my young bloke doesn't remember that he didn't play for points when 10 but he remembers he played and had fun - now days he's more concerned that he didn't play well even though he plays very well!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Raiderdave wrote:
its already the softest girliest sport there is
now they've found a way to castrate its you males even more :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go out to your local AFL ground this weekend, Dave, and you won't last five seconds with that bullshit!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!