Record TV ratings for Midgets & Swines in Syd

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Record TV ratings for Midgets & Swines in Syd

Post by MarkZZZ »

Cracker wrote:
That's actually very true.
So, in this situation, it's a case of counting the home crowd is no indication of the popularity of the team?
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
adamj1300

Post by adamj1300 »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
At least the crowd at the parra game was actually there, not a made up figure.

Oh and just like the GWS game, if not for away supporters, the attendance would've been much much much lower :)))
yes every afl game has fudged figures. with all of its revenue that dwarfs the NRL, they buy cardboard cut outs to place at the ground to give appearance that the stadium is full :(/

piss off idiot, the NRL has been caught out several times of fudging crowd figures, just because AFL games out draw NRL games, all of you basement dwelling virgins get all teary and cant face the truth :(/
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs

Post by Cracker »

MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
So, in this situation, it's a case of counting the home crowd is no indication of the popularity of the team?
No, I was referring to ParraEelsNRL's reference to the Swans fans at the game. According to AFL supporters here, the Swans fans should not be counted because it's an away game for them. The Giants have no real right claiming the whole crowd as theirs, but they do have a right to claim any Giants fans who attend Swans home games. Or any other team's home games.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
No, I was referring to ParraEelsNRL's reference to the Swans fans at the game. According to AFL supporters here, the Swans fans should not be counted because it's an away game for them. The Giants have no real right claiming the whole crowd as theirs, but they do have a right to claim any Giants fans who attend Swans home games. Or any other team's home games.
That's what I said, you're saying that the giants can't count all of their home crowd because the swans probably made up more than half of the crowd.

Anyway you have lost this Crackers. The only way you could have any realistic figure is stand at the gates and ask everyone which team they support. Of course you run into another problem, what if someone shows up that doesn't follow any of the two and just wants to watch the game. Do you count them as a crowdpuller for both?

Forget it. The way that its been done may not be perfect but it's the best way anyone has come up with.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

adamj1300 wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
At least the crowd at the parra game was actually there, not a made up figure.

Oh and just like the GWS game, if not for away supporters, the attendance would've been much much much lower :)))
yes every afl game has fudged figures. with all of its revenue that dwarfs the NRL, they buy cardboard cut outs to place at the ground to give appearance that the stadium is full :(/

piss off idiot, the NRL has been caught out several times of fudging crowd figures, just because AFL games out draw NRL games, all of you basement dwelling virgins get all teary and cant face the truth :(/

daylight savings

any ideas dickhead ? :-k

:lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Looks like the Kitty Kats are going gangbusters in Brissy.

39,000 for Lions AFL season opener on Seven

https://twitter.com/MediaweekAUS

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Maybe they need top be gifted another few Flags, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Flags :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But they will have to get in line behind the Swines with extra $$$$$.
The Suns & Midgets who are next on Vlads list to rise to the top...

I would hate to be a fan of a lesser MELB club...
No fucking hope in the next 10 yrs of getting anywhere near a GF,due to everything being given to the non heartland teams.

What else can you expect from a compromised comp...
Maybe the Kitty kats could apply for a COLA :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Then they could maybe improve & so would their ratings..
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
That's what I said, you're saying that the giants can't count all of their home crowd because the swans probably made up more than half of the crowd.

Anyway you have lost this Crackers. The only way you could have any realistic figure is stand at the gates and ask everyone which team they support. Of course you run into another problem, what if someone shows up that doesn't follow any of the two and just wants to watch the game. Do you count them as a crowdpuller for both?

Forget it. The way that its been done may not be perfect but it's the best way anyone has come up with.
No, MarkZZZ, you are not understanding me. My point is that you believe that the SWANS should not count their supporters at the Giants home game, not the Giants shouldn't count the Swans fans. I believe that the Swans should count the crowd at the Giants home game for this excellent example - as should all clubs count away crowds as well as home crowds when it comes to gauging support.

This is after all a national game. The NRL too, even if they only have clubs in the eastern states the point is still just as valid.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Cracker wrote:
No, MarkZZZ, you are not understanding me.
And you don't understand Mark and I.
Nice try Cos.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:

No, MarkZZZ, you are not understanding me. My point is that you believe that the SWANS should not count their supporters at the Giants home game, not the Giants shouldn't count the Swans fans. I believe that the Swans should count the crowd at the Giants home game for this excellent example - as should all clubs count away crowds as well as home crowds when it comes to gauging support.

This is after all a national game. The NRL too, even if they only have clubs in the eastern states the point is still just as valid.
I suspect you know what I am thinking. NOT.
Like I said earlier there is no way to quarantine supporters of each team at a game. Like I said what do you do with those that follow Carlton that want to see a game in Sydney so go and see the Swans play the Giants.

I'll tell you what. Next game of AFL you go to, go around and ask EVERYONE who do they follow and get back to us. It's impossible.

No more needs to be said except untill they come up with a better way of doing it than we currently do it, that's the way it will be done.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Massive.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:

Like I said earlier there is no way to quarantine supporters of each team at a game. Like I said what do you do with those that follow Carlton that want to see a game in Sydney so go and see the Swans play the Giants.

I'll tell you what. Next game of AFL you go to, go around and ask EVERYONE who do they follow and get back to us. It's impossible.

No more needs to be said except untill they come up with a better way of doing it than we currently do it, that's the way it will be done.
And the way it should be done is to count all games that a club is involved in. Home and away. This way your "impossible" situation is overcome in the only way that it can.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:

And the way it should be done is to count all games that a club is involved in. Home and away. This way your "impossible" situation is overcome in the only way that it can.
So as an example you want to attribute the crowd that goes to see a Collingwood V Giants game in Melbourne to the Giants?

You have no idea, do you?

BTW until is spelled with one l not two.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Cracker wrote:

So as an example you want to attribute the crowd that goes to see a Collingwood V Giants game in Melbourne to the Giants?

You have no idea, do you?
You are a cheap person. The crowd at every game in which a club is involved should be attributed to that club. Both clubs in fact. In the example you gave, the crowd should be attributed to both Collingwood and GWS. The same would apply to the game if it was held in Sydney. Collingwood have just as much right to attribute that crowd to them.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

You still don't get it do you. It's so simple even a rl person should understand it.
Home crowds point to the popularity of the home team to the region and thus it's viability.
Away crowds point to the popularity of the team in the league as thus it's value to the league.
Nice try Cos.
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

And to the club because it needs a nationwide fan base to survive long term. A club that relies 100 percent on a local fan base is a club that is doomed to failure. This applies to both AFL and NRL.