NRL Touch Footy

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

NRL Touch Footy

Post by AFLcrap1 »

A While back when debating the numbers in each game,some fumblers would NOT accept that Touch was back home & now part of the NRL.

DUE to the fact that we have more numbers han fumbleball now..

time for a reality check..

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...312-hvhwg.html

NRL chiefs Dave Smith, Todd Greenberg join Touch Football team

Date
March 12, 2014 - 6:33PM

Michael Chammas
Rugby league reporter

NRL chief executive Dave Smith and head of football Todd Greenberg have reaffirmed the game's connection with Touch Football Australia by becoming board members of the organisation.

Smith joined former Eels skipper Nathan Hindmarsh in Coffs Harbour on Wednesday for the launch of the TFA National Touch League Championships, unveiling the new NRL Touch Football branding.

The NRL announced the partnership that represented the biggest boost to participation and game development in the code's history last August, increasing the game's participation levels beyond a million.

"Today was quite a significant day because we launched a combined NRL Touch Football branding," Smith said.

"With that comes the other opportunities around commercial and sponsors and we're able to grow the game. We have 550,000 new players, so that takes us over 1.1 millions players of rugby league. Boys and girls, mums and dads, men and women - it's a very significant player population and a very diverse range, and it reflects on the communities in which the game is played.

"Fundamentally, our game is growing in those areas anyway. We've positioned the new NRL touch football brand today, but the game is growing in significant areas."

Those increases include a 21.8 per cent boost in women's participation over the past year, while there has also been a 14 per cent boost in masters participation. The number of mini footballers has also increased by almost 6 per cent from the previous annual report.

"Add on to that nearly 900,000 of our backyard league and our community work, you've got a lot of people are being touched by the game in one way, shape or form," Smith said. "It's all about growth, it's all about market share."
Attachments
5765b50eb5.jpg
5765b50eb5.jpg (54.06 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: NRL Touch Footy

Post by Raiderdave »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
A While back when debating the numbers in each game,some fumblers would NOT accept that Touch was back home & now part of the NRL.

Date

Michael Chammas
Rugby league reporter

NRL chief executive Dave Smith and head of football Todd Greenberg have reaffirmed the game's connection with Touch Football Australia by becoming board members of the organisation.

Smith joined former Eels skipper Nathan Hindmarsh in Coffs Harbour on Wednesday for the launch of the TFA National Touch League Championships, unveiling the new NRL Touch Football branding.

The NRL announced the partnership that represented the biggest boost to participation and game development in the code's history last August, increasing the game's participation levels beyond a million.

"Today was quite a significant day because we launched a combined NRL Touch Football branding," Smith said.

"With that comes the other opportunities around commercial and sponsors and we're able to grow the game. We have 550,000 new players, so that takes us over 1.1 millions players of rugby league. Boys and girls, mums and dads, men and women - it's a very significant player population and a very diverse range, and it reflects on the communities in which the game is played.

"Fundamentally, our game is growing in those areas anyway. We've positioned the new NRL touch football brand today, but the game is growing in significant areas."

Those increases include a 21.8 per cent boost in women's participation over the past year, while there has also been a 14 per cent boost in masters participation. The number of mini footballers has also increased by almost 6 per cent from the previous annual report.

"Add on to that nearly 900,000 of our backyard league and our community work, you've got a lot of people are being touched by the game in one way, shape or form," Smith said. "It's all about growth, it's all about market share."

wow
most played game in our nation

stand & applaud everyone =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Cracker
Coach
Coach
Team: Bulldogs

Post by Cracker »

No.

As an NRL supporter and an AFL supporter, I do not applaud this at all. This is a backwards step for rugby league. Rugby is a man's game made up primarily of tackling. Tackling is prohibited in touch. About the only thing league could draw from touch is evasive skills, but the people who play touch are lightweights compared to those who play league. The two games are simply not compatible long term. It's like the issue of the difference between Aussie Rules and Auskick, and it will create the same problems in retention in the sport of the young.

I am big on eliminating obesity in our young people. But in order to keep the children in the codes during the crucial teenage years these sorts of tactics have to stop. Parents who are worried about injury should check the statistics and realise that injuries are not as plentiful as they are being led to believe. Soccer is in fact just as dangerous as the other two codes. But all three have a role to play and only soccer isn't changing the rules so broadly that it becomes unrecognisable and in effect useless in the big picture.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Cracker wrote:
No.

As an NRL supporter and an AFL supporter, I do not applaud this at all. This is a backwards step for rugby league. Rugby is a man's game made up primarily of tackling. Tackling is prohibited in touch. About the only thing league could draw from touch is evasive skills, but the people who play touch are lightweights compared to those who play league. The two games are simply not compatible long term. It's like the issue of the difference between Aussie Rules and Auskick, and it will create the same problems in retention in the sport of the young.

I am big on eliminating obesity in our young people. But in order to keep the children in the codes during the crucial teenage years these sorts of tactics have to stop. Parents who are worried about injury should check the statistics and realise that injuries are not as plentiful as they are being led to believe. Soccer is in fact just as dangerous as the other two codes. But all three have a role to play and only soccer isn't changing the rules so broadly that it becomes unrecognisable and in effect useless in the big picture.

What a heap of crap, your agenda is sticking out like dogs balls.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

What agenda is that, ParraEel? He's having a go at both touch footy and Auskick!!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

He's a fraud.
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

I hardly see how expressing an opinion makes me a fraud, ParraEelsNRL. Explain yourself properly if you wouldn't mind, and do tell me what my agenda is supposed to be.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Cracker wrote:
It's like the issue of the difference between Aussie Rules and Auskick,
Not at all.
There's no "footy' in touch footy - no tackling or kicking what-so-ever.
Even the most basic form of Auskick has kicking, marking, handballing and running.
What a lot of people call Auskick is really modified football which starts out with the bump
replacing the tackle and a restriction on the number of bounces - that is all.
To all intents it is football - just like the junior form of rl.
Whilst touch footy might be used by rl in training it does almost nothing in the recruiting stakes.
Some AR teams use touch footy to teach the keep-it-off-keep the ball moving principle substituting
handpasses for throws.
The big difference is that Auskick is used as an effective recruiting tool for juniors and seniors.
It does teach people the basics of Australian Football.
Yes, not all Auskickers advance through the community football grades but a number do.
Nice try Cos.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

cos789 wrote:
Cracker wrote:
Not at all.
Even the most basic form of Auskick has kicking, marking, handballing and running.
What a lot of people call Auskick is really modified football which starts out with the bump
Whilst touch footy might be used by rl in training it does almost nothing in the recruiting stakes.
Some AR teams use touch footy to teach the keep-it-off-keep the ball moving principle substituting
handpasses for throws.
The big difference is that Auskick is used as an effective recruiting tool for juniors and seniors.
Yes, not all Auskickers advance through the community football grades but a number do.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
Waaa waaaa waaaa.

Now that Rl has more "Participation "(LOL) numbers ..it doesnt count.
Waaa waaaa.
Love the fumbleball logic.
reminds me of any $$$$,or ratings for rep RL games..
Waaa waaaa that doesnt count,cause we dont have rep games...

Keep up the good fight Cos..its very very entertaining.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
cos789
Coach
Coach

Post by cos789 »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
cos789 wrote:
Cracker wrote:
Not at all.
handpasses for throws.

Now that Rl has more "Participation " numbers ..it doesnt count.
You're getting there quicker these days. congrats.
Nice try Cos.
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

cos789 wrote:
Cracker wrote:
Not at all.
handpasses for throws.
No, this is incorrect in a number of ways. Even though bumping is allowed, the kids don't do it. Also as tackling is an integral part of the game even though it is not as important as it is in rugby league, the difference is still vast. It is not junior Aussie Rules. And it is not a recruiting tool either as retention numbers are in fact very poor. Also there is kicking in touch footy because of the six touch rule in order to push the opposition possession backwards.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Cracker wrote:
I hardly see how expressing an opinion makes me a fraud, ParraEelsNRL. Explain yourself properly if you wouldn't mind, and do tell me what my agenda is supposed to be.

Vfl fan pretending to be a sports fan and all that.

You a fraud, you only like Vfl yet you try to make it look like you like all sports, but I can see every sly little dig you have.

Get fucked fraudster!

At least I don't lie about what I like, I love RL and hate Vfl!
Cracker
Coach
Coach

Post by Cracker »

I don't lie either. If you don't believe me then that is your affair.
cos789
Coach
Coach

Post by cos789 »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
I love RL and hate Vfl!
How can anyone hate another sport ?
Do YOU go around damaging junior AFC's banners??

I find soccer very tedious and boring.
I dislike how governments pour money into it pacify the ethnic lobby.
I played and watch RU (sometimes) but I much prefer the action of Australian Football.
I played and watch rl (rarely) but I much prefer the action of Australian Football.
I find rl in the short term rl better to RU but overall the repetitiveness of rl points me to RU.
I do like watching Gaelic and American Football occassionally because they do have elements
of the Australian game.

What is it exactly that you hate?
Simply watch your imported English game and just ignore the indigenous game.
We'd all be better off. You might even stop dissuading people to give rl a go.
Nice try Cos.
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

AFLcrap1 wrote:

Date

Michael Chammas
Rugby league reporter

so its 900,00 participants, eh, how many stolen email address to actual real participants?
its a bit like the 60,000k that had the RL experienc in Vic that no one knows about!

your new CEO is really fits in well with RL, fudge a few figures beat his chest there you have the fudgebeleague