The AFL and its Footy show vis a vis the NRL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

The AFL and its Footy show vis a vis the NRL

Post by King-Eliagh »

I had this thought just this morning and, well, it shocked me. Though I must say it shouldn't have. Unfortunately as we know the AFL is rife with racism, serious institutional racism [-X The footy show has involved a pair of racist clowns for more than a decade with what appears to be little repercussion if at all. And it don't stop at racism folks. Sam Newman is also clearly a sexist douche and Eddie a precious homophobe

Have a look at this below. Note Eddie Macguires 'Falafel roll' and homophobic comments have been conveniently left out of his Wikipedia..

SAM NEWMAN
Controversies[edit]

Newman has been involved in several incidents of public controversy.[9] Reports indicate that Newman is deliberately controversial, and that his on-air persona is nothing like his true self.[10] Particular incidents include:
1997 – Newman's 25-year-old girlfriend, Leonie Jones, drove his own car into him outside his house, breaking his leg and an ankle.[11]
1999 – On The Footy Show Newman blacked up his face to impersonate indigenous footballer Nicky Winmar, at a time when racial vilification charges were being levelled at some AFL players.[12]
2005 – A female fan broke a window whilst trying to break into his Brighton house.[11]
2008 – Mocking television personality and The Age newspaper writer Caroline Wilson regarding how she was dressed on Footy Classified three days earlier by bringing a mannequin model onto stage and stapling a cardboard cut-out of Wilson on the face of the model and "experimenting" with different outfits. Newman then moved the model about.[13] Wilson brought the issue up on Footy Classified on the following week's episode, speaking of her disappointment to Garry Lyon, Newman's co-presenter on The Footy Show.[14]
2008 – Joking that an attractive Tasmanian MP, Paula Wriedt, was "Worth coming on her", after an interview featuring Wriedt was aired on The Footy Show. This was later explained as a misinterpretation.
2009 – The Nine Network and Newman were sued for defamation by a female board member of the Western Bulldogs football team after he said on air that she was a "liar" and "hypocrite". They settled for $220,000 plus costs.[15]
2009 – 17 September. During the Footy Show broadcast Newman likened a Malaysian man to a monkey, being "not long out of the forest". The Australian Communications and Media Authority ruled Newman was likely to have "provoked severe ridicule on the basis of the man's colour and race". Newman's employer, Channel Nine, offered to donate $200,000 to charity in the event of any future code breach and had "agreed to a number of other provisions in the enforceable undertaking, including significant senior management overview of the materials to be used by Mr Newman and a broad-ranging reporting regime and training obligation".[16]
2010 – 30 June. Newman was criticised for disrespect to Aboriginal beliefs when he revealed on a radio show that he had hit a golf ball off the summit of Uluru.[17]
2012 – 4 May. Newman caused controversy by pretending to smoke a bong on The Footy Show.[18]
EDDIE MACGUIRE
Racism controversy[edit]

On Friday 24 May 2013, during a match at the MCG, a 13-year-old Collingwood fan racially vilified Sydney Swans player Adam Goodes by referring to him as an 'ape',[25] following which McGuire apologised to Goodes "on behalf of the Collingwood Football Club and on behalf of football".[26] McGuire said that Collingwood had a "zero tolerance" policy towards racism, but also said that the girl did not know that what she had said was a racist slur.

On Wednesday 29 May 2013 McGuire himself made an on-air racist reference to Adam Goodes and King Kong, also using the word 'ape'. He apologised on air after making the reference,[27][28] but prefaced his apology by stating "I wasn't racially vilifying anyone".[29] McGuire's comment was widely criticised.[30] He also held a press conference in which he apologised again. In a later interview that day, he admitted he was guilty of racial vilification.[31] He also offered his resignation as Collingwood President, but the Collingwood board expressed their support for him.
Now if we switch sides and look at the two key men in the NRL footy show we see both paul vautin and peter sterling as squeaky clean on Wikipedia. The pair clearly have good values and were brought up decent and likely learnt good values in their chosen sport also. I do recall Steve Roach being involved in an assault and being forced off the show as a result.

So why and how have eddie and sam been given free reign to be complete knobheads and yet continue to host and do as they please? I guess channel nine has a lot to answer for but so too does the AFL [-X [-X [-X

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The AFL and its Footy show vis a vis the NRL

Post by adamj1300 »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I had this thought just this morning and, well, it shocked me. Though I must say it shouldn't have. Unfortunately as we know the AFL is rife with racism, serious institutional racism [-X The footy show has involved a pair of racist clowns for more than a decade with what appears to be little repercussion if at all. And it don't stop at racism folks. Sam Newman is also clearly a sexist douche and Eddie a precious homophobe

Have a look at this below. Note Eddie Macguires 'Falafel roll' and homophobic comments have been conveniently left out of his Wikipedia..

SAM NEWMAN
Controversies[edit]

Newman has been involved in several incidents of public controversy.[9] Reports indicate that Newman is deliberately controversial, and that his on-air persona is nothing like his true self.[10] Particular incidents include:
1997 – Newman's 25-year-old girlfriend, Leonie Jones, drove his own car into him outside his house, breaking his leg and an ankle.[11]
1999 – On The Footy Show Newman blacked up his face to impersonate indigenous footballer Nicky Winmar, at a time when racial vilification charges were being levelled at some AFL players.[12]
2005 – A female fan broke a window whilst trying to break into his Brighton house.[11]
2008 – Mocking television personality and The Age newspaper writer Caroline Wilson regarding how she was dressed on Footy Classified three days earlier by bringing a mannequin model onto stage and stapling a cardboard cut-out of Wilson on the face of the model and "experimenting" with different outfits. Newman then moved the model about.[13] Wilson brought the issue up on Footy Classified on the following week's episode, speaking of her disappointment to Garry Lyon, Newman's co-presenter on The Footy Show.[14]
2008 – Joking that an attractive Tasmanian MP, Paula Wriedt, was "Worth coming on her", after an interview featuring Wriedt was aired on The Footy Show. This was later explained as a misinterpretation.
2009 – The Nine Network and Newman were sued for defamation by a female board member of the Western Bulldogs football team after he said on air that she was a "liar" and "hypocrite". They settled for $220,000 plus costs.[15]
2009 – 17 September. During the Footy Show broadcast Newman likened a Malaysian man to a monkey, being "not long out of the forest". The Australian Communications and Media Authority ruled Newman was likely to have "provoked severe ridicule on the basis of the man's colour and race". Newman's employer, Channel Nine, offered to donate $200,000 to charity in the event of any future code breach and had "agreed to a number of other provisions in the enforceable undertaking, including significant senior management overview of the materials to be used by Mr Newman and a broad-ranging reporting regime and training obligation".[16]
2010 – 30 June. Newman was criticised for disrespect to Aboriginal beliefs when he revealed on a radio show that he had hit a golf ball off the summit of Uluru.[17]
2012 – 4 May. Newman caused controversy by pretending to smoke a bong on The Footy Show.[18]
EDDIE MACGUIRE
Racism controversy[edit]

On Friday 24 May 2013, during a match at the MCG, a 13-year-old Collingwood fan racially vilified Sydney Swans player Adam Goodes by referring to him as an 'ape',[25] following which McGuire apologised to Goodes "on behalf of the Collingwood Football Club and on behalf of football".[26] McGuire said that Collingwood had a "zero tolerance" policy towards racism, but also said that the girl did not know that what she had said was a racist slur.

On Wednesday 29 May 2013 McGuire himself made an on-air racist reference to Adam Goodes and King Kong, also using the word 'ape'. He apologised on air after making the reference,[27][28] but prefaced his apology by stating "I wasn't racially vilifying anyone".[29] McGuire's comment was widely criticised.[30] He also held a press conference in which he apologised again. In a later interview that day, he admitted he was guilty of racial vilification.[31] He also offered his resignation as Collingwood President, but the Collingwood board expressed their support for him.
Now if we switch sides and look at the two key men in the NRL footy show we see both paul vautin and peter sterling as squeaky clean on Wikipedia. The pair clearly have good values and were brought up decent and likely learnt good values in their chosen sport also. I do recall Steve Roach being involved in an assault and being forced off the show as a result.

So why and how have eddie and sam been given free reign to be complete knobheads and yet continue to host and do as they please? I guess channel nine has a lot to answer for but so too does the AFL [-X [-X [-X
eddie isn't on the show any more & hasn't been for years.
but aside from the each of the shows hosts, the NRL show is crap.
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

If we're talking offence, the NRL Footy Show has done way worse than Newman and McGuire. They just haven't touched the buzz words. Doesn't make them right but!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

áve a gander at this a hole folks.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6653099569

What a fukkin loser. But yet this racist, sexist homophobe has been placed atop the AFL pedestal as one of the most influential in the business.

amazing huh? the NRL just don't have any sort of equivalent because they simply wouldn't stand for it. Why on earth is the afl like this????

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
áve a gander at this a hole folks.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6653099569

What a fukkin loser. But yet this racist, sexist homophobe has been placed atop the AFL pedestal as one of the most influential in the business.

amazing huh? the NRL just don't have any sort of equivalent because they simply wouldn't stand for it. Why on earth is the afl like this????
Peter Sterling
is
one of the nicest most humble people you would ever have the pleasure of meeting ( which I have )

Paul Vautin is a bit of a wanker
but harmless

these guys are the NRL show stalwarts
some of the other guys over the years are also .. great characters ... & decent people
Paul Harrogan
Rabs
Blocker

its a tired dull show after 20 years .. but at least the personalities are good decent people

the VFL footy show
arrogant
racist
homophobes

human slime

not funny in the slightest
offensive
fuckin dicks the lot of em ..................... end of [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(
Last edited by Raiderdave on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
If we're talking offence, the NRL Footy Show has done way worse than Newman and McGuire. They just haven't touched the buzz words. Doesn't make them right but!

yip yip

waaaaallllkkiiieeessssssss :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes the NRL footy show stalwarts are legends. The AFL footy show heads? Gutter trash.

The comparison is quite astounding when you look it up on the net. Pages and pages of controversies for sam and eddie, not a thing for sterol and vautin. And yet, still these A-holes are being paid in bucketloads by the AFL.

What sort of organisation does this? I think there really needs to be a serious independent investigation into institutional racism within the AFL.

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Idiot ... ^

And idiot to all those that respond lol
Veni, vidi, vici
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Yes the NRL footy show stalwarts are legends. The AFL footy show heads? Gutter trash.

The comparison is quite astounding when you look it up on the net. Pages and pages of controversies for sam and eddie, not a thing for sterol and vautin. And yet, still these A-holes are being paid in bucketloads by the AFL.

What sort of organisation does this? I think there really needs to be a serious independent investigation into institutional racism within the AFL.
typical bumsniffer, spends all his time in the basement, trolling AFl related web sites out of jealousy, then attempts to take the moral high ground, :(/ :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Phelpsy how dare you call adam an idiot! :(/

How dumb are these afl turkeys? :lol:

It's just too easy pinnin em down, grabbing their hands and forcing them to slap their own face :lol:

And the pair of you clearly condone characters like Eddie and Sam having the highest influence on the code you love...

Wow.

:>::

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I think this says it all.
Attachments
ddd.jpg
ddd.jpg (7.03 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

I love how NRL fans are talking about racism

QUEENSLAND'S State of Origin heroes were subjected to vicious racist chants by sections of the official NSW supporters' group during Origin II, with former NRL halfback Joe Williams revealing the "disgusting" gibes and signs.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6396013849

Entire sections of the crowd openly displaying racism, and not a single thing done! [-X

And Homophobia? Is there a more homophobic person on this site than Dave? [-(
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Nice try Xman ya douche. But we are talking about an organisation and it's supporters condoning racist sexist homophobic twats literally 'running the show'. Fans is a whole diff kettle of fish. StArt another thread if ya wanna bring that argument up again.

xman wrote:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

& this.
Attachments
sn.png
sn.png (108.64 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
I love how NRL fans are talking about racism

QUEENSLAND'S State of Origin heroes were subjected to vicious racist chants by sections of the official NSW supporters' group during Origin II, with former NRL halfback Joe Williams revealing the "disgusting" gibes and signs.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6396013849

Entire sections of the crowd openly displaying racism, and not a single thing done! [-X

And Homophobia? Is there a more homophobic person on this site than Dave? [-(
deflect

deflect

deflect

have you ever seen a group with their head so far up their arses they unbutton their shirts to fart :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million