Western Sydney Wanderers leave NRL for dead

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 0

Re: Western Sydney Wanderers leave NRL for dead

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Raiderdave wrote:
:(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

what
no .... the ring is booked
no.... Im ready to go

swing
duck
weave
jab jab

bang bang
whack whack

8-[
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>
what a weedy little t.ard this one is folks :(/ :(/
Says Dave before his glass jaw is smashed......

And he squeals on the mat, "I's fallen and I can't get up!!!!!!!!"
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Phelpsy wrote:
There are a lot of ascertains in those comments stated as fact? Is it possible that there are no gay afl players ? Possibly . Is it likely there are some , probably.

I will ask again , do you really think that afl players would not play with a player who was gay ?

Do you think the afl would tolerate any vilification from others of a gay player ?

Do you think the afl would have a problem with a gay player taking his partner to the brownlow ?

Seriously , they would love it, embrace it... For all the reasons you mentioned.

Answer those questions honestly ... And you will see there is no issue re whether a player is gay or not. It's such a non issue.

Why haven't any current nrl players "came out" same logic applies ... No one cares
Firstly its not about wether other players will play with them .
it is the public backlash.

As for do I think the afl would tolerate any vilification from others of a gay player ?.
I look at what happened to Eddie everywhere with his remarks about Goodes.
There is your answer.
Be seen to be doing something ,but a whack with a wet lettuce leaf would be classed as a harsher penalty..

& then this..

Why haven't any current nrl players "came out" same logic applies ... No one cares.
No one cares in NRL because we were progressive enough to deal with this issue nearly 2 decades ago.

Cant say the same for the hicks at AFL house.
When you have crossed that bridge & dealt with any issues that arise ,then you can join the modern world of sport.
until then you will be looked at as a homophobic sport where gay players cannot openly admit to their lifestyle choice,for fear of a backlash.
Saying if,maybe ,its not a problem or any other excuse is bullshit.
The fact remains that no one has dared come out.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by 214Four »

I wouldn't say the wanderers are leaving the NRL for dead I'd say most fans (myself included) are wanderers fans during summer and support an NRL team (the tigers) during winter.

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think you're clutching at straws acrap but you're entitled to your opinion I guess. I just think it's as much a non issue in afl as it is nrl. Who really cares ?
Veni, vidi, vici
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

ParraEels does, otherwise he wouldn't have even used the barb to start with!
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Phelpsy wrote:
I think you're clutching at straws acrap but you're entitled to your opinion I guess. I just think it's as much a non issue in afl as it is nrl. Who really cares ?
That's your opinion ,but an ex players opinion holds a bit more weight .
& seeing no one has come out I think he was on the money.

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

And that's your opinion too ... We all have one I guess. Really, what would be the response if an afl player said he was gay ? No one would care. I mean seriously do you think it wouldn't be accepted or there would be a back lash ?? Do you really think it would be an issue. I don't but I am unsure why you would. I mean can you tell me your scenario if an afl player said he was gay ? I am not taking the piss but seriously want to know what you think would happen. Looking for honest and serious answer acrap too.

The only negative I could see would be some bogan supporters saying something untoward over the fence. And I think this would be dealt with by the afl.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Phelpsy wrote:
And that's your opinion too ... We all have one I guess. Really, what would be the response if an afl player said he was gay ? No one would care. I mean seriously do you think it wouldn't be accepted or there would be a back lash ?? Do you really think it would be an issue. I don't but I am unsure why you would. I mean can you tell me your scenario if an afl player said he was gay ? I am not taking the piss but seriously want to know what you think would happen. Looking for honest and serious answer acrap too.

The only negative I could see would be some bogan supporters saying something untoward over the fence. And I think this would be dealt with by the afl.
Yeh probably some kid who didn't know better .Definately the AFL would come down hard.
A boss of the biggest club would get treated differently.

You cant predict anything until an event happens.
When a player comes out we will see what happens.
But strangely ,this sport seems so homophobic no one has yet.
You cant seem to see anything wrong.

I can.
The AFL loves beating its chest about how wonderful & welcoming they are.
Yet its still plagued by racism problems (& if I was a gay player & seen how eddie was punished :_<> :_<> ) I would think twice about coming out.
You will never stop an idiot in a crowd but when club bosses get away with it & make jokes on air its very different.

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I don't think Eddie got off lightly . Do you know the work he does with charity and aboriginal youth? Collingwood also have the pink army. But seriously what the realistic worse that the afl would do if a player came out? Assuming there is one to come out. A term I hate by the way.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

If anyone else said wht EM said on air they would have got far far worse punishment
As a Collingwood fan I don't expect you to be impartial..

But when it comes to Gay players ,your underlying tone is "Its no big deal".
I agree 100%.
Yet why has no AFL player been game to admit it..
There has to be something (& im with acker)stopping them .
If other gay people have no probs in their sports then ask yourself what is stopping an AFL player.

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Cause it's a non issue ? I mean 1 player from nrl has come out several years ago. I don't go for the "oh, the nrl had a person come out, problem solved" not an issue anymore? I simply don't think it's an issue for any sports person with the only thing stopping this being personal reasons, whether it be societal, family, or whatever else. I don't think concerns as to how the afl would respond would be an issue. In fact, the person would be held up as a beacon. I believe how that person would be treated by the afl and media would probably be precipitating factor for them to be publicallr gay . It's just not an issue. I know you wish it were but it simply is not. Again, what do you think would happen if they did come out. They would be heralded. They would increase their net worth in sponsorship.

Again, afl have a very strong gay community. Dave, in trying to put afl down by associating it with homosexuality, even said himself that the gay community used afl games to meet. Because that was meant to be a slur. I'm not due why the chip on your shoulder about afl but let it go man ... It's like your obsessed .. I mean that in a nice way ... It's like your obsessed and your consumed by it.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Na think its laughable that a sport in todays society has players not comfortable enough to come out.
You don't see a problem.Fine.

But then again you are part of the AFL bubble.

Fans of other sports look & think ,get with the times .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

It's a shame feel that way. I am not sure how you know 1. If there Israel a gay player and 2 if there is, their reason for not coming out.

But anyway I'll guess we will have to agree to disagree
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I do feel for you though that you hate something so much that you look for bad in anything afl. Just because it is so successfully doesn't distract from rl, it in fact is a model of how the nrl should do things. Not all, but many things. That way the nrl can possibly one day too grow to be as big as the afl. I think there is room. And yes, as the afl are leading the way the nrl can learn from the afl mistakes. Like a little brother learning from his big brother so to speak. Both can do well. But there's no need to hate something so much that it consumes you. And the nrl should worry about soccer. The afl too. I think the afl probably view soccer as their biggest rival nationally but more long term. Nrl just doesn't compete with afl outside of Sydney and Brisbane ... Soccer is the rival. I reckon that's why they moved into western Sydney... Not because of rugby league but soccer. I think a bit of friendly banter is good but there's no need to get personal or abusive. I fell into the same trap at the nonsense Dave wrote but realized its stupid to do so. The facts speak for themselves. So back to topic, western Sydney hmmmm think the nrl are fine for now .
Veni, vidi, vici
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Phelpsy wrote:
I do feel for you though that you hate something so much that you look for bad in anything afl. Just because it is so successfully doesn't distract from rl, it in fact is a model of how the nrl should do things. Not all, but many things. That way the nrl can possibly one day too grow to be as big as the afl. I think there is room. And yes, as the afl are leading the way the nrl can learn from the afl mistakes. Like a little brother learning from his big brother so to speak. Both can do well. But there's no need to hate something so much that it consumes you. And the nrl should worry about soccer. The afl too. I think the afl probably view soccer as their biggest rival nationally but more long term. Nrl just doesn't compete with afl outside of Sydney and Brisbane ... Soccer is the rival. I reckon that's why they moved into western Sydney... Not because of rugby league but soccer. I think a bit of friendly banter is good but there's no need to get personal or abusive. I fell into the same trap at the nonsense Dave wrote but realized its stupid to do so. The facts speak for themselves. So back to topic, western Sydney hmmmm think the nrl are fine for now .

8-[

:(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
& theres ol bubble boy again
will someone check the oxygen in the tank .... I think its low again :-k

:lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ what a fuckin dribbler :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million