Another bumsniffer, goes to Court for an act of violence!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Another bumsniffer, goes to Court for an act of violence!

Post by adamj1300 »

MANLY player Richie Fa'aoso has been arrested following a police pursuit in south-west Sydney on Sunday.
Fa'aoso has also been hit with a drink driving charge with a breath test returning an alleged reading of 0.126, almost three times the legal limit.
The pursuit and subsequent arrest followed an alleged domestic violence incident on Sunday afternoon involving Fa'aoso and his wife.
Fa'aoso, who has been issued with an apprehended violence order, will appear in Campbelltown Local Court on Tuesday.
A police statement said Fa'aoso allegedly knocked over furniture, kicked a door off its hinges and smashed a window before his wife fled the premises.
"The man allegedly drove to another house in Ingleburn where the domestic dispute continued and police were called," the statement said.
"Police attended the house in Ingleburn where they saw the man driving past the premises and attempted to stop him, however, he failed to stop and a police pursuit was initiated.
"The vehicle was subsequently stopped in Currawong Street, Ingleburn and the 29-year-old man arrested. He was submitted to a breath test and returned a positive reading."
Fa'aoso was an integral part of Manly's surge to the grand final although he missed the game after he fractured his vertebra in a collision in the preliminary final.
The NRL Integrity Unit has launched its own investigation with the Sea Eagles also issuing a statement on behalf of the Fa'aoso family.
"Richie has the full support of his wife and family and is presently undergoing counselling," the statement said.
"Further to this the family has asked us to make it clear that this is not a domestic violence matter and that they be afforded some privacy at this time."
NRL chief operating officer Jim Doyle said Manly had complied with all its responsibilities and procedures.
"There are police matters here that we have to allow to take their course but we are also able to look at some issues and to ensure that there is welfare support for the player and his family.
"Until we do have the opportunity to assess the facts it is not possible to make any further comment."
- See more at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... JM3XV.dpuf
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Another bumsniffer, goes to Court for an act of violence

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Stephen Milne says hi.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
adamj1300

Post by adamj1300 »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Stephen Milne says hi.
Rugby league stars investigated over violence
Yahoo!7 November 26, 2013, 4:32 pm
Newcastle's Russell Packer has spoken to police about an assault and Bulldogsplayer Reni Maitua has been accused of assaulting a taxi driver.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/20 ... -violence/

as the title says, another bumsniffer is up on chargers, of violence :(/
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

& Milne wasn't charged ????????...

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

So was that manly player ... Can't remember his name but was found innocent ... Or more precisely , not guilty. Was it Ricky Stewart or Brett Stewart ... His brother plays too
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

I'm not going to throw stones on this one - run ins with the law and unlawful behaviour is common to both codes - there is nothing to be gained as it is a problem to both codes!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Agree swans . I would dare to say, and I am trying to be objective, that the nrl do seem to have a lot reported on the media. Is this because the afl manage thus better ... Whether it be managing the media better or having a better education programme or is it more about cultures. Don't get me wrong, afl players, like a lot of hug profile sports, I have seen treat women like shit. I've also seen women treating themselves like shit too ... The whole groupie phenomena I guess. But domestic violence seems to be the thing of late I appears and am seeing more reported in nrl lately. Is it a culture thing ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Phelpsy wrote:
Agree swans . I would dare to say, and I am trying to be objective, that the nrl do seem to have a lot reported on the media. Is this because the afl manage thus better ... Whether it be managing the media better or having a better education programme or is it more about cultures. Don't get me wrong, afl players, like a lot of hug profile sports, I have seen treat women like shit. I've also seen women treating themselves like shit too ... The whole groupie phenomena I guess. But domestic violence seems to be the thing of late I appears and am seeing more reported in nrl lately. Is it a culture thing ?
Depends where you live - what a RL player gets up to in NSW means little in SA or WA when players like Cousins etc would be of higher profile - both sports have had a lot of problems re-culture and attitude towards women. I think they are both as bad as one another.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think if you look at attitude toward women one has to wonder around the whole cheerleader thing with the nrl and what messages that sends as to women in society
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Phelpsy wrote:
I think if you look at attitude toward women one has to wonder around the whole cheerleader thing with the nrl and what messages that sends as to women in society
It really is a gimmick
adamj1300

Post by adamj1300 »

Swans4ever wrote:
I'm not going to throw stones on this one - run ins with the law and unlawful behaviour is common to both codes - there is nothing to be gained as it is a problem to both codes!
it is common in both codes & unfortunately happens in general society as well, its a very regular occurrence in the NRL, in the last few weeks as well hasn't there been a few issues happen over in the RLWC cup, Slater punching that guy at the pub, & something on the news about Australian players got up to no good
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

adamj1300 wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
it is common in both codes & unfortunately happens in general society as well, its a very regular occurrence in the NRL, in the last few weeks as well hasn't there been a few issues happen over in the RLWC cup, Slater punching that guy at the pub, & something on the news about Australian players got up to no good
Some sensible posting by AFL fans till you had to have a little dig..

Go back the last few yrs & off field incidents in AFL were outnumbering NRL about 3-1.

Piss off ..

As for stupid young sports stars with too much money/self importance & not many brains...
It should be a zero tolerance policy.
These twits can set themselves up for life in 10 yrs of playing..Keep your head down behave ,& be sensible with the $$$$ & you can retire or take it very easy in your mid 30s
There should be an automatic cancellation of contracts for any serious breach.
they need some deterrent..as the ones in place now are BS.
Look at FEV or Carney ..play up ,just go to another club .
that's fucked

I kno you will never stop young stupid people from doing stupid/illegal things ,but at least make the punishment worthwhile.

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
adamj1300 wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
Some sensible posting by AFL fans till you had to have a little dig..

Go back the last few yrs & off field incidents in AFL were outnumbering NRL about 3-1.

Piss off ..

As for stupid young sports stars with too much money/self importance & not many brains...
It should be a zero tolerance policy.
These twits can set themselves up for life in 10 yrs of playing..Keep your head down behave ,& be sensible with the $$$$ & you can retire or take it very easy in your mid 30s
There should be an automatic cancellation of contracts for any serious breach.
they need some deterrent..as the ones in place now are BS.
Look at FEV or Carney ..play up ,just go to another club .
that's fucked

I kno you will never stop young stupid people from doing stupid/illegal things ,but at least make the punishment worthwhile.
While I accept you viewpoint as a reasonable point of view there is always a danger when we recruit not old enough to vote, drive a car etc etc yet we expect them to act like 30 yr olds with a wealth of experience - and I want to make it clear I don't condone their behaviour or think it should be tolerated. I think 1st offence counselling, 2nd offence suspension and community service 3rd offence cancellation and de-registration.