The juggernaut continues

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: The juggernaut continues

Post by Raiderdave »

Phelpsy wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
With 90,000 of them being pet memberships!
Your not serious are you?

same question to you re your spelling

its
you're not serious ..... you illiterate twat :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

& it wouldn't be 90,000 pet memberships
it'd be 85,000 :wink:

how else does a team with a membership like that get crowds as low as 30,000
answer
many collingdon members are make believe :cool:

See aflcrap Dave doesn't understand memberships and makes stupid comments like above. Do you concur with his statement
:_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/
:(/

I think its ol bubble boy here who needs the lesson on memberships eh folks :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/

VFL memberships & fairy stories
same thing pretty much although one is slightly more believable & it doesn't have singlets :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
adamj1300 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
hmmmm

I think I've found the secret of collingmonds financial success

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6780048991

COLLINGWOOD pocketed more than $600,000 in interest after banking a controversial $10 million federal government grant last year.

The grant - for community facilities at the Magpies' Olympic Park base - was announced in May 2012 and came as a surprise to the State Government, which through the Melbourne Olympic Park Trust owned and managed the land.

Collingwood said the funding agreement with the former Labor government stipulated that interest earned on the grant be directed back into the project.

NEW NAME FOR HARRY

The club said the scope of the project had been widened because of the interest windfall.

After the funding announcement, Victorian sports minister Hugh Delahunty said: "The tenant has announced starting a renovation without approval from the landlord first" while federal Liberal senator Cory Bernardi blasted the deal as "slipshod".

The $10 million grant and associated interest - along with a further $1.15 million grant from the MOPT for the refurbishment of Collingwood's office facility - were included in the club's total revenue figure of $75 million for the year ending October 31.

The Magpies received a total of $935,798 in interest - up from $389,748 in 2012.

Collingwood said preparatory works were underway on the community facility and hoped to finalise the tender process for a builder within a fortnight.

Collingwood's Dane Swan pictured during training at the Westpac Centre, December 9, 2013. Picture: Mark Stewart

Collingwood's Dane Swan pictured during training at the Westpac Centre, December 9, 2013. Picture: Mark Stewart Source: News Limited

The project has now received approval from all authorities, with the club spending $1.29 million of grant and interest money on the planning and approval process.

The original forecast was for the project to cost $15 million, but that figure could now exceed $20 million.

Collingwood yesterday said it may spend $10 million of its own money.

The club said the community facility would allow greater access to the Olympic Park Oval, provide public toilets and locker rooms, links to the river, riding and walking trails and the Tan. Meeting and event rooms, a health and wellness centre, cafe and theatrette are also planned.

No new drawings or impressions of the facility were available last night.

A spokesman for Federal Sports Minister Peter Dutton said "This is one of numerous projects provided with grants by the previous government.

"Details of the interest earned have been reported to the department. The new Coalition Government is bound by the existing contract on this project."

The Herald Sun understands that whether to pay grant money upfront is a decision made at the government's discretion.

The project is expected to be completed by June 2015.

fucking slimebags [-( [-( [-( [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X
how dare they take tax payers money via a grant . then not spend any of it for what it was given to them for .. bank it & take the interest earnt on it

fuck me
& we're supposed to admire these filthy scum ? [-( [-( [-( [-X [-X [-X [-X

it is obscene
but typical of what silmebag VFL clubs get up to if given half a chance
disgusting
a disgrace

a juggernaut
I think not

I

think not [-( [-( [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X
the Government gives every sports code money. its been giving money to the NRL for years, to prop up their shttly little club suburban grounds & facilities. pumped millions in to other stadiums in sydney. with seeing minimal in returns.
FFS ... the dumbness :roll:

Govt's don't give codes money to sit in their bank accounts & earn them interest you twat
you seek a grant & spend it

& if Collinscat are such a juggernaut
why do they even need tax payers money :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

another VFL club telling porkies about their actual financial situation me thinks :^o :^o :^o :^o
much worse then they let on eh
:cool:
I'll spell it out for you in a way that a child would understand - still might be hard for you RD.

Government wants to get elected and needs people to vote for them
Government gives money to football club so they can get their members to vote for government
Collingwood put money in bank until they need it for the purpose of the grant
Government doesn't care about Raiders because it only has RD and his pet chihuahua tinkles as members
RD :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hahaha lol !
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Oh my !!! Did Dave read the article ?
Veni, vidi, vici
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

What I want to know is why don't NRL clubs bank grants like Collingwood did? It's smart finance. If Dave thinks it's smart finance to spend instantly, he's proving again his total lack of education......
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!