Unacceptable behaviour on TFC

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Unacceptable behaviour on TFC

Post by Xman »

Personal attacks accusing other members of being racist or a pedophile will not be tolerated on this site, including the TFC board, and will result in infractions.

Unfortunately as one of the only mods I simply cannot be on this site 24/7 checking every post. If you believe you have been inappropriately treated pm me and I'll deal with it.

Please be warned. Lighten up and use TFC as it was intended or else.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Re: Unacceptable behaviour on TFC

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Personal attacks accusing other members of being racist or a pedophile will not be tolerated on this site, including the TFC board, and will result in infractions.

Unfortunately as one of the only mods I simply cannot be on this site 24/7 checking every post. If you believe you have been inappropriately treated pm me and I'll deal with it.

Xman you seem to have left something off the list of what won't be tolerated .. racist remarks
& this should be the numb 1 thing not allowed on these pages

we have had several posters in here post remarks of a racial nature over the years that would not be allowed on many other forums
its about time this place instilled that standard & had a zero tolerance re racism.
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

There were no racist remarks. Your accusations were false and Xman is telling you to stop it as it goes too far even for TFC. Clear, Dave?
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Could we also have a clear message that posters not put images of children on this site unless it shows them playing football and is Relevant. It is not appropriate
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

Xman you seem to have left something off the list of what won't be tolerated .. racist remarks
& this should be the numb 1 thing not allowed on these pages

we have had several posters in here post remarks of a racial nature over the years that would not be allowed on many other forums
its about time this place instilled that standard & had a zero tolerance re racism.
Whether someone's view is racist is subjective. Calling people racist nazis is not.

People are entitled to their views and if clearly not racist I'm happy for the issue to be discussed.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

There is a big difference between referring to race and racial abuse.
People seem to lump "racist" remerks into "racial abuse" remartks.
Currently an Australian indiginous side is playing an IR series in Ireland.
That statement refers to race yet is in NO way offensive.
To say that there are a lot of "Islanders" in the nrl is just an observation.
Saying someone is a Nazi is saying that person holds an outlook similar to the Nazis
and that would be offensive to the great majority of people.
Nice try Cos.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

What's more I have pointed out the NRL has 36% of players of islander heritage - pointing that fact out is not racist - it is an observation backed up by facts. I also pointed out that in the 80's 11% of the NRL was Koori in the 2010's that rate fell to 5%, that the NRL needed to address this otherwise it would become marginalised. For the record I hold no racists ideals I believe that sports should be open and accessible to all races and that sport is a great platform to have minorities attain a social status that others can aspire to not just in sport but in the wider community. Talking about such issues is not racist - when you discriminate based on race that then becomes racist!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Over to you, Dave! The ball's in your court now.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

There is a fine line between prejudice and racism. I'm afraid this line is not understood by our illustrious mod, Xman, nor prejudice folk like swines. To state one will not and others should not watch a code because "its just a bunch of islanders playing", when the % is in fact below 50% straddles that fine and often ambiguous line. IMO its a subtle form of racism and definitely prejudiced. Those who wish to make such overtly prejudice statements should be firmly punished by moderators and admin for promoting racial division. Those who jokingly call people who do this KKK members or nazi like, are in a way, making fairly accurate accusations.

Our best mod piesman would have understood the above. Xman will not. [-X

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Oh what a crock, Eliagh! Swans wasn't even prejudiced! He was making the point that the Islanders should be playing for their home country and not for either Australia or New Zealand for reasons of origin to make the RLWC more even! The fact that they don't is the reason not to watch! That's what he meant and those of us with a brain would know that! But oh no, Dave screams racism and it all went downhill from there. You're doing the same thing and you should suck it up, buttercup! Xman's decision is right.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
There is a fine line between prejudice and racism. I'm afraid this line is not understood by our illustrious mod, Xman, nor prejudice folk like swines. To state one will not and others should not watch a code because "its just a bunch of islanders playing", when the % is in fact below 50% straddles that fine and often ambiguous line. IMO its a subtle form of racism and definitely prejudiced. Those who wish to make such overtly prejudice statements should be firmly punished by moderators and admin for promoting racial division. Those who jokingly call people who do this KKK members or nazi like, are in a way, making fairly accurate accusations.

Our best mod piesman would have understood the above. Xman will not. [-X
Before you spout off how about you read what I Wrote - I said I WOULD NOT WATCH - I neither encouraged others or advocated others not to watch - Thats the first thing you got wrong - secondly I said in a subsequent post that I did not believe that the criteria for selection was so loose that people born In other countries could play for ANY country - it was a shot at the competition not the participants! 3rd you stirred all this up with your accusation that I was racist by posting comments out of context in respect of an argument - where you made assumptions about me. You then disappeared after stirring it all up - it is not racist to say I don't want to watch something - racism is treating people differently or discriminating based on race. I provided the definition (which you ignored!). Just because you want to score points doesn't entitle you to elevate your opinion to fact! You are not judge and jury and your warped definition does not entitle you to call me a racist! If someone comments about high crime rates in dubbo by Aboriginal youths or high levels of unemployment in Middle eastern minority in Shepparton etc etc this does not make them racist - indeed it is a reflection of a mature society that such subjects can be discussed without recourse to labels - but you are incapable of this and instead you take comments out of context, make assumptions and put your own facts in you are not a racist but a trouble maker and a VERY insecure person!
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Very insecure? Mentally deficient is the term you are looking for, Swans.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
Very insecure? Mentally deficient is the term you are looking for, Swans.
I stand corrected!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

cos789 wrote:
There is a big difference between referring to race and racial abuse.
People seem to lump "racist" remerks into "racial abuse" remartks.
Currently an Australian indiginous side is playing an IR series in Ireland.
That statement refers to race yet is in NO way offensive.
To say that there are a lot of "Islanders" in the nrl is just an observation.
Saying someone is a Nazi is saying that person holds an outlook similar to the Nazis
and that would be offensive to the great majority of people.

to say there are a lot of islanders in RL is an observation
to say this detracts from the sport

IS FUCKING RACIST .... you ****** !!

anyone spouting such offensive filth ... is a filthy fucking racist
end of !!
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

No, not end of, Dave, because your view is slanted so bacly it is no relationship with reality.