atmosphere is building in England

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Re: atmosphere is building in England

Post by Swans4ever »

pHyR3 wrote:
Memberships are essentially tickets to a game, so my theory holds there. Less people from any NRL club will get tickets, attend games, get memberships with the same number of fans because it is better watched on TV than AFL. So, less percentage of broncos fans get memberships and attend games because they watch on TV.
My point is you can use any figure to suit your argument - picking one out because it suits is not the basis for a proper argument - as I pointed out TV ratings are far from accurate - you just can't say the precise number of those watching and who they actually follow - you have to look at it in conjunction with memberships, crowd averages, sponsorship and revenue.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
pHyR3
Captain
Captain
Team: Wests Tigers

Post by pHyR3 »

And crowds are far from accurate when comparing between NRL and AFL. as i have explain so many times. AFL = better viewing experience at the game NRL = better viewing experience on TV.

And memberships are the same as crowds. Sponsorships and revenue are rarely discussed here.

Which leaves us with tv ratings, and over a season I think the 'inaccuracies' will largely even out. And I know NRL was more watched in the season from i think 2009 or 2010 until last year. And this year took a dip with popular teams doing poorly, ASADA, off field incidences and the reffing.

I've said all this before, but clearly i have to say it multiple times
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Ignorant goose. International AFL is big and don't you forget it!
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Crowds don't mean squat.
the stupidity....

Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

pHyR3 wrote:
And crowds are far from accurate when comparing between NRL and AFL. as i have explain so many times. AFL = better viewing experience at the game NRL = better viewing experience on TV.

And memberships are the same as crowds. Sponsorships and revenue are rarely discussed here.

Which leaves us with tv ratings, and over a season I think the 'inaccuracies' will largely even out. And I know NRL was more watched in the season from i think 2009 or 2010 until last year. And this year took a dip with popular teams doing poorly, ASADA, off field incidences and the reffing.

We will have to agree to disagree - I don't hold much faith in TV ratings being accurate
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

pHyR3 wrote:

The bolded bit - then why do big crowds go to the SOO and the NRL GF?? It doesn't wash, Phy. If there was real support for the game then no matter where the clubs were on the ladder fans would go to the games! But they don't. TV is NRL's enemy, especially in Sydney, and fans with limited dedication to the club they support is also an enemy.

Memberships are not the same as crowds, because clubs make more from memberships than they do from gate receipts. That goes for all sports. The AFL knew this a long time ago even back to the days of the VFL, and it's why there's a mighty drive for the things. It creates revenue for the club and lots of it. Imagine the financial boon for the "popular" Sydney NRL clubs if their supporter base all took out club memberships.
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

pHyR3 wrote:
Yes, rl is good product for TV and TV is very important in today's world
but Australian Football has always been the more attractive game to watch.
Crowds have flocked to watch Australian Football since it's inception and RU
twice altered it's game to be more competitive in attracting spectators.
By worldwide standards rl does OK but that doesn't mean it is
attractive to watch as Australian Football and match it's KPIs.
The sooner rl people accept this then the better it will be for their code.
Nice try Cos.
pHyR3
Captain
Captain
Team: Wests Tigers

Post by pHyR3 »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

The bolded bit - then why do big crowds go to the SOO and the NRL GF?? It doesn't wash, Phy. If there was real support for the game then no matter where the clubs were on the ladder fans would go to the games! But they don't. TV is NRL's enemy, especially in Sydney, and fans with limited dedication to the club they support is also an enemy.

Memberships are not the same as crowds, because clubs make more from memberships than they do from gate receipts. That goes for all sports. The AFL knew this a long time ago even back to the days of the VFL, and it's why there's a mighty drive for the things. It creates revenue for the club and lots of it. Imagine the financial boon for the "popular" Sydney NRL clubs if their supporter base all took out club memberships.
JESUS christ mate. so you're saying just because we get 80k to origin and GFs that we hsould be getting the same crowds to regular games? Well then, why isn't the AFL averaging 100k when it plays at the MCG? "If there was real support for the game then no matter where the clubs were on the ladder fans would go to the games!"

If origin and GFs interest more people then more people go to the games, hwo do you not understand this. I can't think of a way to put it more simply....
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Ignorant goose. International AFL is big and don't you forget it!
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Crowds don't mean squat.
the stupidity....

NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

You DON'T get 80K to SOO when it's in Brisbane! You get the maximum possible at the venue. This should be the aim, getting the maximum for the venue. That means (for instance) 23K at Manly, 20K at Leichardt, 22K at Cronulla and most importantly 45K at Allianz Stadium.

What can't you understand about that? You should be packing those places out, but you aren't!! The AFL did and it's why they've gone to bigger venues. If SOO is creating more interest than club games, then you've got a problem!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
You DON'T get 80K to SOO when it's in Brisbane! You get the maximum possible at the venue. This should be the aim, getting the maximum for the venue. That means (for instance) 23K at Manly, 20K at Leichardt, 22K at Cronulla and most importantly 45K at Allianz Stadium.

What can't you understand about that? You should be packing those places out, but you aren't!! The AFL did and it's why they've gone to bigger venues. If SOO is creating more interest than club games, then you've got a problem!

did the VFL get capacity crowds at every game when they were played at smaller dilapidated venues in the 70's & 80's

no they didn't

does the VFL pack out every venue it plays at these days

no it doesn't ..... not even close
& its crowds are as small as they've been for the last 20 years :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<>

so
fuck off you cheese grater :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

They packed out the majority of venues, Dave. Victoria Park was regularly packed out for instance. Windy Hill. Princes Park. Whitten Oval (unless Fitzroy played there). You have no clue as usual. Crowds back then were down on what they are now for this reason alone.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:

did the VFL get capacity crowds at every game when they were played at smaller dilapidated venues in the 70's & 80's

no they didn't

& its crowds are as small as they've been for the last 20 years :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<>

so
Yeah fuck off you wanker - wankers like you make me sick any time you wanna step into a ring I'll happily go 3 rounds!
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by NRLCrap1 »

Dave wouldn't last three rounds, Swans!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Yeah , afl rules.
Veni, vidi, vici
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

NRLCrap1 wrote:
They packed out the majority of venues, .
sure they did shithead

sure :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Swans4ever wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:

no they didn't

so
any time you wanna step into a ring I'll happily go 3 rounds!
:_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

you want summa this ?

:(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fumblers

ability & ambition
getting these 2 mixed up all the time :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
They packed out the majority of venues, .
sure they did shithead

sure :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like I thought, no reply not even a sarcastic comment - gifting you the chance to prove how tuff you and RL really is 3 rounds give me some summary justice!