Violence begets violence!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Violence begets violence!

Post by Swans4ever »

This misconception that many RL posters on this site that there is an acceptable level of violence in a match would seem
To be soon finally gotten ride of for good - because we all know where that leads - more violence as was evident recently in a junior U19 match - about time!

NRL, government vow violence crackdown

Sun, Aug 18, 2013 - 4:41 PM
The NRL and NSW government are set to join forces in a bid prevent a repeat of scenes at a recent junior rugby league match where the crowd and players became involved in a ugly brawl.

An under 19s match in Penrith in Sydney's west last Saturday erupted into a bloody mess, with reports up to 40 players and spectators were engaged in a fight that is still under investigation by the Penrith District Rugby League and NSW Police.

The incident sparked calls for stricter laws governing spectator behaviour at junior matches, with the NRL issuing a statement on Sunday offering its help to the NSW Rugby League.

"Penrith District Rugby League is dealing with what is an isolated issue, albeit a serious one, in conjunction with the NSW Police and we are closely monitoring that situation," NSWRL chief executive Dave Trodden said.

"We would encourage the police to take every possible action to protect the right of people to go and watch junior sport in peace.

"NRL CEO, Dave Smith, has contacted me today and has offered the resources of the NRL Integrity Unit to assist in any way possible.

"Sadly, this case highlights the problems that all junior sports can face and we need to send a strong message."

But while the NSWRL through its leagues can take strong action against offending players and officials, controlling crowd behaviour is another issue.

It has led to the NSWRL seeking the assistance of the NSW government amid fears of a repeat incident in coming weeks.

"NSW Sports Minister Graham Annesley has indicated he would be prepared to discuss the issues with us further and we will certainly be looking to raise the matter with the NSW Government," Trodden said.

"There are very good player and spectator codes in place across our game as well as NSW Government Sports Rage programs, but it remains a big challenge for volunteer officials to manage what are policing issues in any other circumstance."
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Re: Violence begets violence!

Post by Stewie »

Keep your kids away from this disgusting abortion of a sport.
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Violence begets violence eh swines? This is all a bit rich coming from a self professed soldier isn't it swines?

Violence begets violence you say? :lol: surely a soldier and our governing bodies that utilise violence, would argue that violence stops violence and must be used when necessary. I mean don't get me wrong, I understand violence has a place in society and that this is inherent. I just think the topic requires a much more careful attention paid to it, its reasons and consequences, than the individual simpleton statement "violence begets violence" or the governmental decision of "let's follow America into Iraq without considering their false premise".

So with careful attention paid to reasons and consequences of our inherent use of violence, an example, and one from a recent nrl incident just to highlight my lack of bias :D In a football game if someone threatens ones manhood by using the squirrel grip, then that man deserves a good ol fashioned thumping!!! No ifs or butts about it. And they deserve the mandatory two weeks on the sidelines on top. To compare to society. If this was to happen on the streets the perpetrator would likely go to jail rather than two weeks off work. Hence both the reasons behind using violence in this instance is valid and the consequences are more akin to those society would dish out.

Comprehended all dat swines me bro?

Phelpsy? What you reckon ya lil lamo dingbat? :lol:

You boys got any 'fight' left in yas? :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Violence begets violence eh swines? This is all a bit rich coming from a self professed soldier isn't it swines?

Violence begets violence you say? :lol: surely a soldier and our governing bodies that utilise violence, would argue that violence stops violence and must be used when necessary. I mean don't get me wrong, I understand violence has a place in society and that this is inherent. I just think the topic requires a much more careful attention paid to it, its reasons and consequences, than the individual simpleton statement "violence begets violence" or the governmental decision of "let's follow America into Iraq without considering their false premise".

So with careful attention paid to reasons and consequences of our inherent use of violence, an example, and one from a recent nrl incident just to highlight my lack of bias :D In a football game if someone threatens ones manhood by using the squirrel grip, then that man deserves a good ol fashioned thumping!!! No ifs or butts about it. And they deserve the mandatory two weeks on the sidelines on top. To compare to society. If this was to happen on the streets the perpetrator would likely go to jail rather than two weeks off work. Hence both the reasons behind using violence in this instance is valid and the consequences are more akin to those society would dish out.

Comprehended all dat swines me bro?

Phelpsy? What you reckon ya lil lamo dingbat? :lol:

You boys got any 'fight' left in yas? :lol:
Are you seriously condoning the brawl at the u19 match involving up to 40 players and spectators? KE if you make violence acceptable where do you draw the line?

By the way, I ain't a Soldier - was one 20 yrs ago for a short time but not now, nice try though keep trying to work it out?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahh where did I condone the brawl? And where did I suggest all violence is acceptable?

Assumptions swines, read the text and quit makin em. I said where there is reason for violence and its consequences are accountable then it can be condoned and should be encouraged. My example was one of those instances.

So you were a soldier. Do you condone the ultimate violence a soldier signs up to when they join the armed forces? Be a man now and answer my question like I answered urs. ;)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Ahh where did I condone the brawl? And where did I suggest all violence is acceptable?

Assumptions swines, read the text and quit makin em. I said where there is reason for violence and its consequences are accountable then it can be condoned and should be encouraged. My example was one of those instances.

So you were a soldier. Do you condone the ultimate violence a soldier signs up to when they join the armed forces? Be a man now and answer my question like I answered urs. ;)
1st a soldier follows orders - not feelings

2nd war is not football, the Armed Services are there to DEFEND against state or organised aggression

3rd Armed servicemen are trained to fight in the hope they don't - what you are advocating is that footballers trained to play football use violence to get what they want! Not the same thing - I can tell you in 20 yrs of my other occupation where I had to deal with violence on a daily basis - there is acceptable use of force. One punch can kill - try telling a grieving friend or relative look its all ok because the other bloke had to assert his manhood and so he hit him once to pull him into line!

Lastly - if you weren't condoning what happened at the U19 game why did you comment - there is clear links with children doing things they have seen on TV - as a boy growing up my parents never swore, never saw them fight - my father wouldn't allow us to see violence - but he was a sailor who lived around the ships and wharfs where life was tough, but there were lines that didn't get crossed. Now there are no lines - every little offence produces violent consequences. IMO KE you are very typical the talk is tough until its you or yours affected by it.

Anyway we will have to agree to disagree
NRLCrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB

Post by NRLCrap1 »

It's about time on field thuggery was dealt with by the courts. Assault is a criminal act no matter where it happens. According to Eliagh - one each is cool and the matter is closed.

Bullshit.
DON'T MAKE ANY BETS WITH ELIAGH!! HE WELCHES WHEN HE LOSES!!
DAVE'S RIVER IN EGYPT - JUNIOR ACT TEAMS: AFL 109 RL 107
CHEWBACCA IS A GOOSE! A GOOSE I TELL YOU! A GOOSE!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

I could cite n post 100 incidents of similar acts in fumbleball nationally

so

if theres little violence on the field in games of bumbles fumbles n missing
what drives these tight shorts n singlet wearers to engage in violence ? :-k

any thoughts F wits ? :?>