Are GWS getting worse? Are they toxic for footy in west syd?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Are GWS getting worse? Are they toxic for footy in west

Post by Fred »

I'm not sure which out of KE and Dave is tweedle dee or tweedle dum
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Aint it about time you had a whinge about why I don't write posts supporting the afl again phelpsy? :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Aint it about time you had a whinge about why I don't write posts supporting the afl again phelpsy? :lol:
Did you ever? Never seen one myself!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I'll assign tweedle dee .... Only because Dave fills the dumb so very well
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

So GWS going great guns eh? One could say that to date they are a successful venture could one? Meeting or exceeding expectations yes?

:lol:

I think its clear there's a high percentage of tweedle dums in the afl clan ;)

ps answer the questions bitches, all three of them please. :afro:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Holy FuuuuuUUUUUuuuuuuck! :shock: :shock: :shock: I go away for a weekend in the wilderness and what'd i miss?

Arighty folks lets answer my questions of this thread once more.

Are GWS getting worse? *cough cough 174 - 42

Are GWS toxic for footy in Sydney? *cough cough 21k at scg...what's the avg swans home crowd at the scg this year?

Seriously, work with me AFL fans, its much easier being on the side of wisdom and truth :)

Your pal,
KE

xman wrote:
Rabbit
Seniors
Seniors
Team: South Sydney FC

Post by Rabbit »

What are the GWS Giants all about?

They look like they have an identity crisis.

They also are in dire need of a compass.

Or maybe they’re just in denial, as a sports guru friend of mine, Sylvester, would say.

Why do they need a compass? To work how on earth Skoda Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park is in anyway shape or form part of western Sydney. It simply isn’t.

They call Blacktown International Sports park their home. They train there and play trial games at the venue. They also did play a premiership game there earlier in the season.

But GWS have made it plain and clear they play almost all their home games at Skoda Stadium which sits smack, back in the middle of Sydney Olympic Park Showground.

The NSW Government even forked out about $45 million on facilities improvements, wasting the taxpayers’ money to help a cashed up AFL-funded enterprise with a new playing arena. Yes, true the showground is also used during Sydney Royal Easter Show time, but it is primarily used throughout the year by GWS.

Sydney Olympic Park is a 30 minute drive to Blacktown and just as long a train ride. A long trip for their fans from the west. They are being dudded.

The GWS claim that they are a western suburbs club is a con job - they just about do everything with one eye on the glistening waters of Sydney Harbour.

But both the club and the AFL forget that the sporting public aren’t stupid and won’t buy the smoke and mirrors approach.

If this is a fair dinkum western suburbs club, why do public relations stuff like game promotions are staged on the steps of the Opera House instead of in their own backyard where their supposed catchment area is at Blacktown or even in Liverpool, or Campbelltown, Penrith, Fairfield and so on.

If they’re not careful, GWS Giants will become the dwarfs of the Sydney sporting landscape.

When they arrived in western sydney preparing for their entry into the AFL four years ago, they shouted loudly from the rooftops they were to be ‘‘western Sydney’s team.’’

Their coffers were full of cash from the AFL. I am told from very reliable contacts in the sport, the AFL Commission and hierarchy forked out $100 million to set up the new club.

They paid big dollars to find, recruit and sign and then relocate players from interstate.

They paid four-time grand final winning coach, Essendon’s master mentor, Kevin Sheedy, a treasure chest for him to do the job. That’s because they needed a coach with pulling power and a man who could be recognised and spread the gospel of the game in such a sports mad and highly competitive market. A coach with a lesser profile wouldn’t have worked.

GWS arrived ready to conquer the rugby league and soccer heartland of western Sydney. More than that, they challenged the AFL supremacy of the Sydney Swans.

Big mistake, fellas: Swans supporters are like a family, they stick solid and don’t walk away. When the Swans won the AFL grand final last season against Hawthorn, it buried the GWS Giants for two decades in my view.

GWS’ biggest rivals are the Sydney Swans and the Wanderers.

The emergence of the western suburbs soccer club last year diverted rivers of marketing and sponsorship dollars from GWS.

Big companies have flocked to the Wanderers and NRMA has jumped on board again as major sponsor for a long term deal.

The Wanderers won the A-League premiership and were beaten in the grand final by Central Coast Mariners, but along the way thousands of people turned out at their games at Parramatta Stadium. A western Sydney venue.

The Wanderers are here to stay.

GWS on the other are still winless this season.

They play their arch rivals Sydney Swans in the local derby, at the Sydney Cricket Ground this weekend and another flogging is on the cards.

This after the club boast of a semis appearance inside the first five years.

I hardly see any GWS Giants jerseys being worn around Sydney’s southwest and western Sydney areas, and to me that tells the story, despite the club’s official figures on membership.

I am sure they do have their share of fans and their official membership figures on their website claim to be more than 12,000.

The late and great rugby league coach Jack Gibson always said: ‘‘Wining starts in the front office.’’

GWS Giants management could well take note.

They could also take note of what my mate Sylvester says of GWS: they need a big, fat reality check if they want to make it in Sydney’s western suburbs.

GWS Giants, time to take another look at a map of Sydney

http://www.fairfieldchampion.com.au/sto ... y/?cs=1574

=D> =D> =D>
"The Victorian game may be the best game of football, but if it is so manifestly superior, one would fancy it could plead its own cause, and not require advertising like a quack pill."
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes rabbit, yes. A tidy and relevant find indeed from the fairfield local rag.

A big FAT reality check. I agree. And this goes for you terrible supposedly afl supporting drongos on this site! :cheers: :_<>

Soooooooooooo right right now. Feels goooooood...eeeyeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh :cool:

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

I'm struggling to recall a worse Sporting franchise

in any code
at any time
in sporting history in this nation

help me out fumblers
come on

find something as bad as this embarrassment to your sport

& lets not forget

somehow

this list of useless fucking oxygen thieves are drawing down on nearly 12 Million dollars in wages each year 8-[ :shock:

I mean F'ing hell
how is that possible

they CAN"T FUCKING PLAY :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

It's shocking. Enough money to bring numerous third world nations out of poverty. And for what? 174-42 and a bunch of very promising, now disheartened disillusioned young men?

Why? Why were the afl head honchos so stupid?

xman wrote:
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

Swans4ever wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Did you ever? Never seen one myself!
any you never will, like Raiderdave he Eliagh will argue, yet provide no substance :-k
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Fuck you blokes go on and on and on, the AFL arn't getting rid of GWS, no matter how much you guys bitch - why do you care anyway? If your right and the AFL are pouring millions down the drain how does that effect you? The AFL will do what the AFL will do - they have the Capitol to do it - how the fuck does it affect you? I have stated many times (like most AF fans on this website) the AFL are planing 20-30 yrs time. If in 3-4 yrs their still losing every game then something WILL be done - the AFL has proved this time and time again - Sydney Swans, Brisbane Bears/Lions, Carlton, Port etc etc. The AFL won't cut and run regardless of what you small minded wankers think! Maybe thats what your really upset about!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Ps - the AFL does while the NRL talks - the NRL also has a long history of getting rid of clubs that are surplus to their needs eg Newtown, Hunter Mariners, Perth Reds, Queensland Crushers, Adelaide Rams, etc etc etc.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Because for KE it is all he has in his pathetic little world . He needs to get on here and have arguement to feel important . Dave... Well Dave is living in the 80s where he thinks you can't like afl if you like nrl and has this whole chip on his shoulders re: Victoria . Plus he is an idiot....
Veni, vidi, vici