Are GWS getting worse? Are they toxic for footy in west syd?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Are GWS getting worse? Are they toxic for footy in west

Post by King-Eliagh »

8 to 12 experienced players are needed and pronto!

Pies thanks for acknowledging the truth. GWS were poorly thought out, planned and implemented. You're a good lad =D>

Swines? See raiderdaves picture and pull your head out dammit! I'm fed up with your shocking lack of addressing the questions posed! [-X [-( [-X [-(

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
The Swans experienced the same type of anti AFL in the first few years and later in the early 90's when they couldn't win a chook raffle - it's not unusual - the NRL and their supporters do nothing but attack when feeling threatened, it's a Sydney RL thing. If you heard how people talk about A-League, Melb Storm and Rebs in Melb you would appreciate that AFL followers (in general) and players in particular don't attack them or continually try to destroy them like RL does to other codes! In fact when Melb Storm lost premiership points and premierships there was a campaign on SEN to buy memberships in the club to support them (David Schwartz lead the campaign and is a well know Melb AFL great and AFL commentator). SEN is owned by the AFL - but I can remember the then NSWRL issuing a statement telling any players who give help to the Swans would be run out of the game (Wayne Pearce was giving tackling lessons to the Swans at the time). Melb Storm has a close relationship with Collingwood, Carlton and Melb! This is the difference which I have said many times! NRL fans and Sydney media like to term it a war, they like to take anything said or done as an attack because they see GWS as a threat! RD and KE are perfect examples of this thats why their so interested in GWS - AFL dosent see RL as a threat and there are obvious reasons for that!

oh look
its Swines , well I think its Swines
its a bit hard to tell 8-[

could be any of the fumblers on this site

:(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did you take a Self portrait RD! Don't answer my post or deny what I said just insult - very mature hope mummy gets her widdle boy his coco!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

piesman2011 wrote:
214Four wrote:
I actually hope for the sake of the young guys in GWS, that they start performing better. These young players careers would have been alot more promising before playing for the giants. I have been watching afew of their games and i really like scully and their short brown haired player in the forwards(lol dunno his name).

What made GWS 'toxic' was not their players but their management, the AFL management and arogance from AF and GWS fans in forums and social media during the early stages of GWS's formation and leading into their first season.

I know alot of AF fans in here deny it (either through ignorance or have not actually noticed it) but there was alot of arogance towards the sydney sporting market and the pre-existing codes by the AFL and its fan base which really hurt the development of GWS.

The Sydney Swans have been lucky with no hatred ricocheting their way, probably due to the respect the swans have earned over the years and the great way their managment kept clear from the early days of GWS, but for the sake of GWS (as a brand and as a team) i hope the AFL bosses and the AFL supporters do realise that they are more at fault than the players for the 'anti-giants' retoric in Sydney's West and approach things differently.
GWS has a lot of kids who are good kids, however they are just kids and against men they get well beaten. This wont stop them from being great in the future. Kids like scully who i have kept an eye on, knowing him personally will be good to great in the future.
I do think that the AFL did go about putting GWS and gc together in the wrong way. They should have been forced to swap high picks for mature players 24+ from other clubs. This would have spread the talent more evenly. People like Sheedy and his poor PR and the poor choice to poach Izzy have caused minor issues. However they have done nothing to affect the club long term.
Sorry Pies forced to swap with who - GWS did try to get other players - it's well reported that the other clubs didn't deal with them - they had all those teenagers like Jäger O'mera and no clubs wanted to trade players in the end they were going to keep him and the AFL made them on trade - which they did for a draft pick. What else could they do?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
8 to 12 experienced players are needed and pronto!

Pies thanks for acknowledging the truth. GWS were poorly thought out, planned and implemented. You're a good lad =D>

Swines? See raiderdaves picture and pull your head out dammit! I'm fed up with your shocking lack of addressing the questions posed! [-X [-( [-X [-(
KE I agree they need experienced players - but where do you get them? They still have to fit within the cap - it is being reported that Franklin won't leave Hawks now. Personally I think they shouldn't put all their money on him - I would maybe be a bit smarter - go after 3 - 4 mid range midfielders with 2 - 3 backs. They have Patton and Cameron who are both class acts (Cameron is their forward line at the moment!). So I agree with you KE at least 8 senior bodies are needed, but in an industry that doesn't have players move around alot and we often hear 'I want to be a one club player!" It's not easy to crowbar someone out of their club with cash. KE I have said it time and time again - well known fact 50 games is the usual turning point for young players - but that usually takes between 3 - 6 years at a club in the rest of the league. Here they are getting that in a little over 2 years - their bodies still aren't mature - once they get to 60 - 70 games I expect vast improvement particularly with decision making - once they start winning interest will grow and a lot of bad press in the past will be not forgotten but not trotted out as frequently - thats just the way of the world. Why is it then you hate GWS so much? Why do you hate AFL so much? Why does everything these bodies do and say annoy you if your such lover of the game? I don't like some of their decisions but I hate them because they exist. If anyone needs that picture its you and KE - you both have massive chips on your shoulders - if you do like AF it doesn't seem to come thru any of your posts!
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Swans4ever wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
214Four wrote:
I actually hope for the sake of the young guys in GWS, that they start performing better. These young players careers would have been alot more promising before playing for the giants. I have been watching afew of their games and i really like scully and their short brown haired player in the forwards(lol dunno his name).

What made GWS 'toxic' was not their players but their management, the AFL management and arogance from AF and GWS fans in forums and social media during the early stages of GWS's formation and leading into their first season.

I know alot of AF fans in here deny it (either through ignorance or have not actually noticed it) but there was alot of arogance towards the sydney sporting market and the pre-existing codes by the AFL and its fan base which really hurt the development of GWS.

The Sydney Swans have been lucky with no hatred ricocheting their way, probably due to the respect the swans have earned over the years and the great way their managment kept clear from the early days of GWS, but for the sake of GWS (as a brand and as a team) i hope the AFL bosses and the AFL supporters do realise that they are more at fault than the players for the 'anti-giants' retoric in Sydney's West and approach things differently.
GWS has a lot of kids who are good kids, however they are just kids and against men they get well beaten. This wont stop them from being great in the future. Kids like scully who i have kept an eye on, knowing him personally will be good to great in the future.
I do think that the AFL did go about putting GWS and gc together in the wrong way. They should have been forced to swap high picks for mature players 24+ from other clubs. This would have spread the talent more evenly. People like Sheedy and his poor PR and the poor choice to poach Izzy have caused minor issues. However they have done nothing to affect the club long term.
Sorry Pies forced to swap with who - GWS did try to get other players - it's well reported that the other clubs didn't deal with them - they had all those teenagers like Jäger O'mera and no clubs wanted to trade players in the end they were going to keep him and the AFL made them on trade - which they did for a draft pick. What else could they do?
I know what you are saying, however if GWS ad GC had picks 6,7,8 in the national draft however they could only swap them for players over 24 years old, or they would begone forever, then the deal would have been done. They might have gotten stars or they might have gotten average payers, but the deals would have been done. Yes im using hindsight, which is cheating. But it would have worked.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

piesman2011 wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
214Four wrote:

I know what you are saying, however if GWS ad GC had picks 6,7,8 in the national draft however they could only swap them for players over 24 years old, or they would begone forever, then the deal would have been done. They might have gotten stars or they might have gotten average payers, but the deals would have been done. Yes im using hindsight, which is cheating. But it would have worked.
Could be onto something - I think another problem is when AFL brought about GC and GWS they should have had a moratorium on players signing long term contracts - maybe should have brought in say 1 year deals only - there would have been more players up for trade and greater possibility of deals being done. I think this year will be the year a lot of movement will take place.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yep you're damn right swines. The afl have really messed up on their expansion planning. GWS are getting worse and as you folks use crowds as indicators Allllllllll the time, I think we need to look at their crowd avg's last year vs this year and we'll see they're also toxic for footy in sydney.

One can be hopeful they'll improve next year but...i doubt they will very much at all.

xman wrote:
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Yep you're damn right swines. The afl have really messed up on their expansion planning. GWS are getting worse and as you folks use crowds as indicators Allllllllll the time, I think we need to look at their crowd avg's last year vs this year and we'll see they're also toxic for footy in sydney.

One can be hopeful they'll improve next year but...i doubt they will very much at all.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-03/w ... st-in-2016
NEVER mind that Greater Western Sydney is yet to win a game this year. AFL senior coaches still believe the Giants will have the best playing list by 2016.

As part of the 2013 AFL coaches survey, the 18 coaches were asked to gaze into their crystal ball.

Coaches survey: Ablett still the No.1 man

Eight coaches rated the Giants as No.1, followed by fellow expansion club Gold Coast with four votes.

But it was not all about the new franchises with their swag of young and high draft picks. There was also support for Adelaide, Fremantle, North Melbourne, the Sydney Swans and West Coast.

GWS cant be that bad, as what has been stated many times, they have recruited eg young players, let them have game experience & bodies mature they can only improve,

not sure what your beef is with GWS eliagh? scared they will take over, the little minor sport of NRL will die on to oblivion?
before continually trashing them, look at several teems in the NRL comp, long time established teams, eels, tigers, sharks etc, piss poor crowds, turning million dollar losses, including their stupid over sized pokie venues still can' make a profit. :?>
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: Best playing list by 2016! Maybe, if they take my advice. But if they dont, they'll have the worst.

I'm afraid the afl may have ruined any chance for success this decade by stupid decisions, as is often the case under the leadership of demetriou.

Fact is GWS crowds are well down.

Fact is GWS results are well down.

That's gotta be toxic for footy in sydney.

xman wrote:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

King-Eliagh wrote:
:lol: Best playing list by 2016! Maybe, if they take my advice. But if they dont, they'll have the worst.

I'm afraid the afl may have ruined any chance for success this decade by stupid decisions, as is often the case under the leadership of demetriou.

Fact is GWS crowds are well down.

Fact is GWS results are well down.

That's gotta be toxic for footy in sydney.
KE the football public really have short memories - even the cruelest cut heals with time - look at the Superleague war it took time but RL is on the improve - GWS will not appeal to everyone, hell I won't support them BUT they have a great list - it is well known in football circles that you start understanding the game around the 50 game mark and you start playing your best footy around 100 games - Cameron is proof of this - another pre-season and suddenly there off the bottom etc etc - once they start winning then fair weather followers come out. 15 years time all the kids that go to the games become members etc etc! I know cause I was one of those kids at the SCG in the 80's going every second weekend - now I have kids of my own and you guessed it they follow the Swans!
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

Raiders just lost by 64 points. In a low scoring sport, they lost by 64 points. They aren't a second year team full of rookies. They aren't in an expansion market training out of tin sheds. They lost by SIXTY FOUR POINTS. In contrast GWS lost by less to Collingwood, Essendrug, and Geelong, all top eight teams.

If GWS are toxic, what on Earth are the Raiders? At least the Giants show occassional glimpses of the future. The young talent they have is mind-boggling, and it's often simply their inabilty to run out final quarters that is costing them wins (especially aganst Collingwood and Essendon). The Raiders have no such excuse.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Drac wrote:
Raiders just lost by 64 points. In a low scoring sport, they lost by 64 points. They aren't a second year team full of rookies. They aren't in an expansion market training out of tin sheds. They lost by SIXTY FOUR POINTS. In contrast GWS lost by less to Collingwood, Essendrug, and Geelong, all top eight teams.

If GWS are toxic, what on Earth are the Raiders? At least the Giants show occassional glimpses of the future. The young talent they have is mind-boggling, and it's often simply their inabilty to run out final quarters that is costing them wins (especially aganst Collingwood and Essendon). The Raiders have no such excuse.

you complete f wit

the Raiders had won their previous 12 games at home in a row
based on the present strike rate for the midgets ... it will take them 6 years just to equal this amount of wins ... AT ALL VENUES :-k

the Raiders have won ten games this year
10 times the number those bumbling orange cockheads have :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol:
the Raiders have beaten the Storm & the ladder leading Roosters this year
the Midgets would not get to within 120 pts of the top few sides in the VFL if those sides were fair dinkum

the Raiders played finals in 2012 are in 7th spot in 2013 with 5 rounds left & may well play finals again in 2013
the Midgets are last .... by a long way .. in the weakest lamest VFL comp in memory
they will be last again in 2014

& will be lucky to avoid get out of the bottom 4 in the next 3 years

but yeah
the 2 sides are comparable :-k

8-[

:(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the retardation
the dribbling outta control .... retardation :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:

you complete f wit

based on the present strike rate for the midgets ... it will take them 6 years just to equal this amount of wins ... AT ALL VENUES :-k

10 times the number those bumbling orange cockheads have :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol:
the Midgets would not get to within 120 pts of the top few sides in the VFL if those sides were fair dinkum

the Raiders played finals in 2012 are in 7th spot in 2013 with 5 rounds left & may well play finals again in 2013
the Midgets are last .... by a long way .. in the weakest lamest VFL comp in memory

but yeah

8-[

the retardation
the dribbling outta control .... retardation :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah that's in 94 their average was 17k now raiders are a touch over 10k - there doing great RD. The Brumbies are Canberra's team! Hahaha in 5 yrs time they will be lucky to get A-League crowds!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:

you complete f wit

but yeah

8-[

the retardation
Drac? :?> What's wrong with you?

:lol:

xman wrote:
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:

you complete f wit

but yeah

8-[

the retardation
you're avoiding the issue. GWS' excuse is that they're a team of 2nd year players. What was the Raider's excuse for what happened on Sunday?

The Raiders' loss was the Eight biggest defeat in the history of your comp. What's their excuse?

Last edited by Drac on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality