Mother blasts Rugby League violence

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: Mother blasts Rugby League violence

Post by Raiderdave »

Swans4ever wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
This primitive combativeness with an oval ball, which northerners term a sport, should be ashamed of itself.

Life is about teaching and educating, setting standards for others to at least make them try to understand right from wrong.

Rugby League is not helping.

It undermines parents and teachers and governments who are hell-bent on making society a safe and respectable place.

The actions this week and the response from the defenders of the sport were caveman like.

On Monday night, New Zealand Warriors player Russell Packer urinated on the ground.

That's the nicest way to put it.

To be more descriptive to emphasis the animal-like aspect of Packer's act, he stood on the field, spread his legs and pissed himself, the contents of which were seen dripping down his right leg.

Packer shook himself as a dog would do. Why? Who knows, because the deed was done.

A player in one of Australia's national codes actually pissed himself and the rest of the world laughed.

RUSSELL PACKER RELIEVES HIMSELF DURING MATCHWarriors forward Russell Packer relieves himself on the hallowed Lang Park turf during a game with the Broncos.(0:07 / 690.2KB)
Yep, Rugby League, you should be proud of that.

Packer was fined $15,000.

"When u gotta go u gotta go lol," he tweeted after the match.

Social media aside, this mentality is not 2013. It's more 2013BC.

Rugby League chiefs should be embarrassed.

Embarrassed that their code's education programs, which are run through schools and learning centres, somehow allows a player to think it appropriate to use the ground as a urinal.

They should also be embarrassed by their punishment. He doesn't even miss a game.

Then there was State-of-Origin, a kind of Olympics for all cavemen.

Wednesday night's assault of Nate Myles by Paul Gallen was lauded widely across the nation.

He set the tone, they said.

It was the cornerstone of victory, they trumpeted.

That Gallen got a one-week suspension for the combination left-right and uppercut, was even condemned by Myles, whose brain must have been rattled when he said the ''fight adds theatre to Origin''.

I know it happens, it's a contact sport played by men who like to inflict damage, but, still, it can't be tolerated.

Gallen got one week for it, and slaps on the backs from the NSW coaches, his teammates, and most likely all of New South Wales.

If it happened in the AFL, which seemed to be the question most wanted answered in the aftermath, he would be looking at 10 games on the sidelines.

And most sound observers would agree with the punishment.

LIONS SKIPPER BROWN CALLS AFL SOFT AFTER TWO-WEEK BANBrisbane Lions skipper Jonathan Brown labels the AFL "soft" compared to the NRL, after he copped a two week suspension for striking.(0:47 / 3.3MB)
It's a strange world.

Every weekend there for a while, Sunday morning newspapers carried stories about young men being punched and killed at Melbourne bars and nightclubs.

The follow-up on Monday would be his parents.

They are heart-wrenching stories. Mums and dads weep and shake and every bloody one of us looks at them and thanks God it wasn't your child or someone you knew.

Police lament at the insanity of it all.

It is insane. One-punch heroes become murderers.

And police once again implore parents and teachers and state governments to help stamp out violence.

Then Origin comes along.

Violence is not only an appeal, it's accepted as the norm.

PAUL GALLEN DISCUSSES STATE OF ORIGIN BRAWL WITH NATE MYLESPaul Gallen explains his State of Origin brawl with Nate Myles and his disappointment at being charged.(3:25 / 19.2MB)
Psychologists, I'm sure, would argue the glorification of such acts filters through the streets.

I'm also sure others would argue that it's men v men, playing for the pride of their state, and that I'm just an AFL sucker-job trying to get a backslap from headquarters.

It's not about that.

It's about identity and self-worth, about what you want people to think of you as a sport.

Rugby League failed this week.

At least the beers were cold in the NSW changerooms. Anyone got a bottle opener?
http://www.perthnow.com.au/archive/beta ... 6659527642

more like
whaaaaaaaaaaaaa
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SOO is getting too big

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fucking fumblers.. its jurnos ... its fans .... its administrators ...... are shit scared of it

& for good reason :cool:
Obviously this whole thread is getting to you Raiderdave, you seem a bit frustrated with the criticism and you are falling back on old theme's I notice you didn't reply to my post - can't look yourself in the mirror and be honest with that one can you - we now know who is gutless!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
you don't have the..... Intellect ... to get to me or any other league poster in here do you ?
maybe you should have a gander in the mirror & admit as much

you know it to be true
but can't accept it .... like the gutless Shelia you are :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
SOO is a real feather in the RL cap. Why ruin it with violence that turns many fans away?

turns many away :lol: :lol: :lol:
no one has talked about anything else up here & 90% of it is positive
Qlders are in melt down about it
even wombats sth of the border are raving about it

lamenting how soft & girly their code is when compared to this ferocious contest
Sthn VFL loving mongs Charlie Pickering & Lemo restored some balance to that ignorant whining sow Carry Bickmores bleating on the Project last night n the night before

Charlie.. these guys know exactly whats going on out there , they know it may happen & know how to handle it & themselves
Lemo... seriously who doesn't know where society stops & its different on the other side of the big white line around the field , its like this in all professional sports
I watched it
I loved it

Charlie... so did I

these 2 & 431,000 others down your way were in awe
this numb will grow in 3 weeks
its like a car crash .... people can't look away

you & your tight short wearing mates in here are soooooooo jealous
you are wringing yr little pudgy hands about it
there there
suck it up princess :cool:
Youre getting carried away, but good for you, it obviously means a lot to you which I applaud.

But that doesnt mean the rest of the country feels the same. I enjoyed the contest for what it was, an intense rivalry played at the highest level of that sport. But understand this: other than a good contest SOO really only connects emotionally to the fans of those states involved. It may engross NSW and Qld but the fans who watch in other states enjoy the match and then move on very quickly.

Similar to Essendon beating Carlton last night. It means a huge amount to fans of each club, in fact I still can't wipe the smile from my face, but for the rest of the countries AFL fans it may have been a good match, but means far far less.

And yes, unnecessary violence in SOO is definitely criticised and rightly so. Its a big turn off.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
SOO is a real feather in the RL cap. Why ruin it with violence that turns many fans away?

lamenting how soft & girly their code is when compared to this ferocious contest
Sthn VFL loving mongs Charlie Pickering & Lemo restored some balance to that ignorant whining sow Carry Bickmores bleating on the Project last night n the night before

Charlie.. these guys know exactly whats going on out there , they know it may happen & know how to handle it & themselves
Lemo... seriously who doesn't know where society stops & its different on the other side of the big white line around the field , its like this in all professional sports
I watched it
I loved it

Charlie... so did I

there there
Youre getting carried away, but good for you, it obviously means a lot to you which I applaud.

But that doesnt mean the rest of the country feels the same. I enjoyed the contest for what it was, an intense rivalry played at the highest level of that sport. But understand this: other than a good contest SOO really only connects emotionally to the fans of those states involved. It may engross NSW and Qld but the fans who watch in other states enjoy the match and then move on very quickly.

Similar to Essendon beating Carlton last night. It means a huge amount to fans of each club, in fact I still can't wipe the smile from my face, but for the rest of the countries AFL fans it may have been a good match, but means far far less.

And yes, unnecessary violence in SOO is definitely criticised and rightly so. Its a big turn off.
more & more sports fans from everywhere in this land are watching it each year
& they are loving it
the fear is this may slowly extend beyond SOO as sthners lament how soft & un manlike their sport has become

the tiniest most insular sport on the planet feels threatened
so they attack
but they are so transparent its not funny

suck it up princesses
SOO is a Colossus ....
deal with it :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

I watched it
I loved it

Charlie... so did I

there there

more & more sports fans from everywhere in this land are watching it each year
& they are loving it
the fear is this may slowly extend beyond SOO as sthners lament how soft & un manlike their sport has become

the tiniest most insular sport on the planet feels threatened
so they attack
but they are so transparent its not funny

suck it up princesses
SOO is a Colossus ....
Can you show me some of these attacks?

Seems to me the AFL has raised SOO as a possibility but it has received a resounding no from the fans. So its not like afl fans want to go head to head with the NRL on SOO.

NRL SOO ratings are fantastic no doubt but until the games involve other states there will be limited emotional buy in beyond NSW and QLd. Of course Sports fans will tune in, and everyone know Melbourne love sport, but to get the casual viewer in the game needs to generate a similar rivalry, and it doesn't exist if the game doesn't represent your territory.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG

what utter nonsense
have you heard this bogan cow talk ?
I think she's been hit around the head a few times herself ...... her son I understand was hit when he was not looking or prepared
a King Hit so to speak
the same thing that Fat singlet wearing VFL loving tool ... Peter Hellier called it on the project last night

a King Hit Peter is delivered to someone who is not looking & has no way of protecting themselves ,usually delivered by gutless cowards
you see 30 of these in VFL matches each week , a game played by said gutless cowards

Myles was looking straight at Gallen & challenged him to take him on
& Gallen obliged
too bad if Myles thought Paul would not react :lol: :lol:
Gallen was not prepared to be Myles 's or any other Qlders bitch & took the far bigger opponent on like the courageous Captain he is =D> =D> =D>

for this whining slag to compare that to her son's incident is the only .. disgusting thing here
& the tree huggers & all the jealous lil fumblers all hear hearing along with her .... need to eat a tea spoon of cement .. & harden the Fuck up

1 week is more then appropriate :cool:

SOO .. tough as teak
VFL... a game for weenies :lol: :lol: :lol:

What nonsense. Clearly a king hit, his hands wouldn't have been by his side if he was ready for it. Clearly a poor role model and he is the captain as well. Put your hand up if you are happy with your kid punching another kid at a sporting activity because he doesn't like the way another kid goes about playing sport. If this happened at a suburban sporting ground he would have ended up with community service and a 6 month good behaviour bond. Instead he is being held up as a role model by Raiderdave.
If you want to fight, there are legal ways to do so.
jesus.. they are clueless this lot
dumb as bat shit

a king hit is when you're not looking , you don't even see yr assailant .... & as I said
Myles went after Gallen
its his fault his hands stayed by his side

he thought he could continue his intimidation of the Blues & .....Gallen wouldn't do anything
oh how wrong he was :wink:
Myles is far bigger then Paul ... but our courageous Captain took on the bigger man for his team . .. his state & its followers

back to weenyball for you
straighten your skirt while yr at it you Shelia :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't believe that you are supporting his actions - you are such a child - Barry Hall got 7 for hitting Staker - Gallen should have got at least 5, it was a gutless cowardly low act, it's not boxing, he wouldn't have the guts to face him in the ring but hit him when he wasn't prepared. You supporting his actions show what a gutless wanker you are too, you'd be the sort that would stand behind one of your mates giving lip, you are a coward as well. It is not in the spirit of the game, and RL failure to act shows what a weak sport it is!
OMG ... the hypocrisy & stark dumbness
Barry Hall's effort was a king hit
the guy he hit was not looking at him ... & did not invite a retaliation

the comparison in our game
Danny Williams of the Storm.... who KING HIT ... Mark O Neil of the Tigers in 2004
a gutless cowardly act much in the vein of that yellow bellied sheila Halls piss weak effort

Williams got 18 weeks

count em .... 18 weeks
making the 7 Hall got look as soft & inadequate .. as it gets
the VFL were kidding [-( [-( [-(

don't lecture us on appropriate punishments
we own them
while your code is a joke when the blow torch is applied

low gutless acts & the people responsible for them are hammered in our game
the record speaks for itself

to compare that to Gallens & Myles effort on Wednesday is laughable .. simply .. laughable :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately what you just said just shows your ignorance. To effectively celebrate one man punching another is to encourage others to do the same. .

yes
boxing of course has done this every day since the marquis took exception to some chap pinching his snuff 8-[

f me

how dumb

seriously

how dumb :lol: :lol:
. Boxing goes to extremes to say this is not on anywhere except in the ring. .

you blithering fuckwit ......

2 boxers go toe to toe for 12 rounds ..& that's alright
2 Footballers go toe to toe for 12 seconds ..... & its a completely different & to be condemned

:-k

8-[

the dumbness
the outta control... rampant ... dumbness :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's about the third time your have cut a post into a very small chuck, taken a small section out of context and failed to address the major issue. I know you agree with me. The biff at the SOO told children around the country that if you don't like the way you are being treated, punch the bloke in the face to solve the problem. You know it and I know it.
There is nothing wrong with a bit of biff(watch this being taken out of context). however it should ever be used to solve a problem or a disagreement, nor should it be encouraged to do so, because this encourages others to do the same.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-05/m ... st/4734166

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-27/m ... ht/4542418

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-25/t ... di/4650834

Here's a few assaults in Sydney over the last few months. It's just the tip of the iceberg.

Here's a report of four corners about alcohol and violence.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/ ... 695353.htm

Get yourself an education RD you need it.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

In Victoria 11 deaths a year and about 4856 hospitalisation a due to assault in the 15-34 age group. So multiply that by 4 to get the OZ average. You just keep applauding those assaults RD. clap away.

http://www.monash.edu.au/miri/research/ ... /haz73.pdf
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

piesman2011 wrote:
In Victoria 11 deaths a year and about 4856 hospitalisation a due to assault in the 15-34 age group. So multiply that by 4 to get the OZ average. You just keep applauding those assaults RD. clap away.

And I see some of these victims every day. Its just so frustrating seeing a young life wasted (or any life for that matter) because of a needless fatal or debilitating head injury. People just don't understand the consequences of a single punch and the lives it can destroy.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

piesman2011 wrote:

yes
of course its RL's fault

not

UFC
Boxing
violent movies
violent DVD games

heres another stat
not one person has been killed on a football field as a result of a fight ..... ever

shhhhhhhhh
that doesn't suit the argument
I mean, fumblers are scared shitless of SOO ..... so they need to shriek like banshees & lose all sense of perspective :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

yes
of course its RL's fault

not

UFC
Boxing
violent movies
violent DVD games

heres another stat
not one person has been killed on a football field as a result of a fight ..... ever

shhhhhhhhh
I mean, fumblers are scared shitless of SOO ..... so they need to shriek like banshees & lose all sense of perspective :lol: :lol: :lol:
youre missing the point. RL is far more popular than boxing or UFC. Its also on FTA. Kids don't idolise UFC fighters or boxers, certainly not as much as their RL stars.

I doesnt matter if there havent been deaths on the NRL field, there are more than enough senseless acts of violence every weekend. its naive to suggest sporting heroes don't influence community behaviour.
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:

OMG

what utter nonsense
I think she's been hit around the head a few times herself ...... her son I understand was hit when he was not looking or prepared
a King Hit so to speak
the same thing that Fat singlet wearing VFL loving tool ... Peter Hellier called it on the project last night

a King Hit Peter is delivered to someone who is not looking & has no way of protecting themselves ,usually delivered by gutless cowards
you see 30 of these in VFL matches each week , a game played by said gutless cowards

& Gallen obliged
Gallen was not prepared to be Myles 's or any other Qlders bitch & took the far bigger opponent on like the courageous Captain he is =D> =D> =D>

for this whining slag to compare that to her son's incident is the only .. disgusting thing here
& the tree huggers & all the jealous lil fumblers all hear hearing along with her .... need to eat a tea spoon of cement .. & harden the Fuck up

SOO .. tough as teak
This is why your joke of sport is WELL behind Australian Football and soccer in junior participation rates, and will continue to fall behind. I for one hope you continue to hold these views all the way into oblivion.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf ... eation~116
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

yes
of course its RL's fault

not

UFC
Boxing
violent movies
violent DVD games

heres another stat

shhhhhhhhh
youre missing the point. RL is far more popular than boxing or UFC. Its also on FTA. Kids don't idolise UFC fighters or boxers, certainly not as much as their RL stars.

I doesnt matter if there havent been deaths on the NRL field, there are more than enough senseless acts of violence every weekend. its naive to suggest sporting heroes don't influence community behaviour.
very few people agree with you
that's the reality

it worries you that people all ova Oz have no issue with Gallen
not because of any fears of this being a catalyst for violence on the streets which is laughably ridiculous

but because people all ova our land love Origin & its unrelenting toughness
& look back at their pale insipid sport & wonder if they are watching the right one most weeks :-k

& that's the truth.. aint it? :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

yes
of course its RL's fault

not

UFC
Boxing
violent movies
violent DVD games

heres another stat

shhhhhhhhh

that's the reality

not because of any fears of this being a catalyst for violence on the streets which is laughably ridiculous

& look back at their pale insipid sport & wonder if they are watching the right one most weeks :-k

How do you equate toughness with senseless fighting? Using your fists in a dispute is about the least responsible or sensible thing you could do, and is the response of a child not a mature adult. Hence its illegal
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

OMG

what utter nonsense
a King Hit so to speak

& Gallen obliged

SOO .. tough as teak
This is why your joke of sport is WELL behind Australian Football and soccer in junior participation rates, and will continue to fall behind. I for one hope you continue to hold these views all the way into oblivion.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf ... eation~116
:lol: :lol:
what a dribbler you are

even allowing for the rampant fudging of numbers in NSW & QLD
mummies turning their boys into weenies by forcing them to play wendyball & bumbleball is the only reason they have higher playing numbers

they are too scared to allow little johnny to play his favourite sport ... RL ......hell the skinny little weed may not be built to play it
but he loves it none the less

but even allowing for this our game is booming participation wise
simply booming

& as for popularity when watching sport

our game is King 52 weeks of the year nthn of the murray & drawing away from all opposition

&
apparently
for 3 below it too :-k

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

yes
of course its RL's fault

not

UFC
Boxing
violent movies
violent DVD games

heres another stat

shhhhhhhhh

that's the reality

How do you equate toughness with senseless fighting? Using your fists in a dispute is about the least responsible or sensible thing you could do, and is the response of a child not a mature adult. Hence its illegal

this is not your concern , or the concern of the whaling Sheila journos from down south
yours & their concern is most people loved it
even many of your singlet wearing mates ....... which VFL'ers worry may signal the end is nigh for your skirt wearing sport

people hate gutless acts like a king hit to a defenceless protagonist
that's not accepted in our game , or anywhere else & nor should it .... the penalties handed down in RL prove this

they don't hate what happened on Wednesday
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

yes
of course its RL's fault

not

UFC
Boxing
violent movies
violent DVD games

heres another stat

shhhhhhhhh

that's the reality

this is not your concern , or the concern of the whaling Sheila journos from down south
yours & their concern is most people loved it
even many of your singlet wearing mates ....... which VFL'ers worry may signal the end is nigh for your skirt wearing sport

people hate gutless acts like a king hit to a defenceless protagonist
that's not accepted in our game , or anywhere else & nor should it .... the penalties handed down in RL prove this

they don't hate what happened on Wednesday
Ok so its only southern's who don't like aggressive immature and senseless violence - don't you want to expand RL interest in the southern states? Because I know a lot of people who turned off by it. Again you didn't answer my previous question only references to UFC and video games? Too gutless just like Gallen to consider he's actions in a broader context. Making crap up about Myles intimidating NSW in past games is a very poor excuse!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS