KE live reporting from melbs

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

KE live reporting from melbs

Post by King-Eliagh »

Howdy folks :wave:

My planes just landed in melbs. It's cold, overcast and will prob rain sometime today...some things never change! But Ill be here all day on business and between meetings ill be keeping a close eye out for evidence of origin fever, evidence that melbournians love their rugby league.

It's my understanding that our melboirnite afl fans are all too familiar of this phenomenon but extremely hesitant to acknowledge it. So ill be taking the liberty to report on their behalf today reporting nothing but what one would see in melbs today :)

Yours sincerely,

KE :salute:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Re: KE live reporting from melbs

Post by Swans4ever »

Speaking as a person who lives in Melb the only adverts I've seen are on Foxtel which are aimed at the Sydney market! Maybe one or two mentions on SEN. No one is even talking about it, I guess because we're not really involved!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Havent seen much of it, however I don't watch much TV. Was listening to SEN this morning and they mentioned that it was today. I was like that's right its on tonight. But I wouldn't have had a clue what was going on if I hadn't read about it on this site. Unfortunately its NSW V Qld and for us here its not a big event. It will be watched by many a male on TV simply because of the lack of sporting competition. What else is on? Reality TV?
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

inb4 KE lies about seeing plenty of support for SoO in Melbourne.
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Found a double page spread on the SOO in Australia's most read newspaper today. It was 12 pages in from the back on the second last sports page, but it was still there.
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

piesman2011 wrote:
Found a double page spread on the SOO in Australia's most read newspaper today. It was 12 pages in from the back on the second last sports page, but it was still there.
In The Advertiser it got half a page of the very last page of the sports section. :lol:
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:

My planes just landed in melbs. It's cold, overcast and will prob rain sometime today...some things never change! But Ill be here all day on business and between meetings ill be keeping a close eye out for evidence of origin fever, evidence that melbournians love their rugby league.

It's my understanding that our melboirnite afl fans are all too familiar of this phenomenon but extremely hesitant to acknowledge it. So ill be taking the liberty to report on their behalf today reporting nothing but what one would see in melbs today :)

Yours sincerely,

yes E
no doubt Melbournians are bowing down to origins greatness
it astounds them like it does us
the ferocity
the intensity
club team mates becoming mortal enemies for this series & said mates ripping into each other like their lives depended on it
now in a Blue Jumper Ryan Hoffman will flatten Cam Smith or Cronk or Slater in a heartbeat if he has to ... smash em into next week
& Cam Smith would expect nothing less
Melbournians are amazed by this ... they can't understand it .. but they love it & wish their insipid comp had this sort of rivalry

they know they have nothing like it or anything to match it & the envy is palpable

& so they bow down
as they should :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Yours sincerely,

yes E
the ferocity
the intensity
club team mates becoming mortal enemies for this series & said mates ripping into each other like their lives depended on it
now in a Blue Jumper Ryan Hoffman will flatten Cam Smith or Cronk or Slater in a heartbeat if he has to ... smash em into next week
Melbournians are amazed by this ... they can't understand it .. but they love it & wish their insipid comp had this sort of rivalry

they know they have nothing like it or anything to match it & the envy is palpable

& so they bow down
Where about's in Melbourne are you Raiderdave - we could watch the game at Young and Jacksons, I will be the only other person who asks to switch the telly over from AFL re-runs, what time does the game start?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Swans4ever wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Yours sincerely,

yes E
the ferocity
the intensity

& so they bow down
Where about's in Melbourne are you Raiderdave - we could watch the game at Young and Jacksons, I will be the only other person who asks to switch the telly over from AFL re-runs, what time does the game start?
ahhhhhhhh
Its E who is in Melbourne

not me 8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol:
summa yr best swines
summa yr best :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Yours sincerely,

yes E
the ferocity
the intensity

& so they bow down
ahhhhhhhh
Its E who is in Melbourne

not me 8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol:
summa yr best swines
summa yr best :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought you must be in Melbourne speaking about the Victorians feel about SOO RL, I thought you must have been roaming the streets feeling the anticipation of the Melbourne populous, breathing in the envy of all those southern fans - No your a thousand kilometres away telling us what were doing - another BS delusional assumption about a nothing game to us. There's only two states involved and it really holds little interest down her, you would know that if you were here! Thats why KE hasn't been heard from since he started this thread.
QueenslandISAFL
Captain
Captain
Team: Brisbane Lions
Has thanked: 0

Post by QueenslandISAFL »

lol 97% off the crowd will be from the northern states
NRL Fans = Basement Dwelling Virgins
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hey folks, I'm back !

Wow what a tiring day, one looong massive meeting and then back to the airport to fly on home. Exhausting folks and I must apologise, I really didn't get time to scout around and do my usual thorough observations. I did however discuss with the melb colleagues. 3 out of 7 were looking forward to watch the game. Not bad I must say, by anyone's standards. But I'm really sorry for the low level report folks, I had a flexi ticket home and was contemplating venturing into the city but was just too tired and headed for home...I work so very hard. In any case we all know origin hysteria is alive and well in melbs, 400,000 odd viewers on a wed eve tells us there's no denying it :D

Yours,
KE

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey folks, I'm back !

Wow what a tiring day, one looong massive meeting and then back to the airport to fly on home. Exhausting folks and I must apologise, I really didn't get time to scout around and do my usual thorough observations. I did however discuss with the melb colleagues. 3 out of 7 were looking forward to watch the game. Not bad I must say, by anyone's standards. But I'm really sorry for the low level report folks, I had a flexi ticket home and was contemplating venturing into the city but was just too tired and headed for home...I work so very hard. In any case we all know origin hysteria is alive and well in melbs, 400,000 odd viewers on a wed eve tells us there's no denying it :D

Yours,
KE
Nice although somewhat brief report KE.

I'm certainly looking forward to the SOO tonight. Ive grown to appreciate RL this season and am definitely looking forward to the pinnacle of the game, NSW v QLD. Go QLD!!! =D>
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey folks, I'm back !

Yours,
KE

I'm certainly looking forward to the SOO tonight. Ive grown to appreciate RL this season and am definitely looking forward to the pinnacle of the game, NSW v QLD. Go QLD!!! =D>
well enjoy it, it will be your only opportunity to see a game of rugby with a near full stadium!
full of bandwagon fans :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Hey folks, I'm back !

Yours,
KE

Now that's the spirit Xman. Tell me, was it the rampant drug use at Essendon which has turned you to the more moral and ethical of the codes?

xman wrote: