KE Live Reporting

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

KE Live Reporting

Post by King-Eliagh »

Howdy folks! :wave:

It's KE here live reporting from Christchurch. Yes I'm again away on business and what a lovely time of year it is to come to CC. The colours are fantastic with Autumn in full swing, just glorious...although the CBD remains a rubble, there is hope amongst the people and plans are optimistic.

I must say I kept my eyes peeled for signs of footy life while walking the streets and taxi'ing it into town from the airport. Massive Rugby grounds with up to 12 fields all in the one spot. I asked the taxi driver, a lovely local man who'd lived here all his life (bout 50years) about the big sports here. He said Rugby number 1, RL 2. So I asked what about that game they call Australian rules that they played a trial in Wellington last week? He looked at me as though I was some arrogant aussie and said "pfffft thet bullshut? noone rilly wants or knows about that shut round here, its just for aussies eh?" I said "well its not a bad sport but yeah its administrators are absolute gooses" before chuckling with him about the national arrogance of naming a sport after the name of the nation... arrogance and ignorance on par with american nationalism.

I'll keep my eyes out for signs of marngrook here folks but I'm afraid there's going to be nothing to see. Yes, I think pies was right when he said the NZ prime minister only wants the game here for monetary reasons [-X Dear lord I hope they dont do it. It will:

1: Make the comp even more lopsided than it already is.
2: Mean the AFL will waste yet another small fortune, another small fortune which could be used to take a third world country out of poverty. [-X [-X [-X

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: KE Live Reporting

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:

It's KE here live reporting from Christchurch. Yes I'm again away on business and what a lovely time of year it is to come to CC. The colours are fantastic with Autumn in full swing, just glorious...although the CBD remains a rubble, there is hope amongst the people and plans are optimistic.

I must say I kept my eyes peeled for signs of footy life while walking the streets and taxi'ing it into town from the airport. Massive Rugby grounds with up to 12 fields all in the one spot. I asked the taxi driver, a lovely local man who'd lived here all his life (bout 50years) about the big sports here. He said Rugby number 1, RL 2. So I asked what about that game they call Australian rules that they played a trial in Wellington last week? He looked at me as though I was some arrogant aussie and said "pfffft thet bullshut? noone rilly wants or knows about that shut round here, its just for aussies eh?" I said "well its not a bad sport but yeah its administrators are absolute gooses" before chuckling with him about the national arrogance of naming a sport after the name of the nation... arrogance and ignorance on par with american nationalism.

I'll keep my eyes out for signs of marngrook here folks but I'm afraid there's going to be nothing to see. Yes, I think pies was right when he said the NZ prime minister only wants the game here for monetary reasons [-X Dear lord I hope they dont do it. It will:

2: Mean the AFL will waste yet another small fortune, another small fortune which could be used to take a third world country out of poverty. [-X [-X [-X
:lol: :lol: :lol:

true dat
true dat ...........
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

Come to SA and ask someone about either thugby. The locals will laugh at you, call the sport pommy trash, probably call you a bumsniffer and then tell you to piss off to your hero Hoppa. :lol:

Ahh the thugbies... sports for English wannabees. [-(
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

King-Eliagh wrote:

Your a brave man KE, i would not have mentioned the so called australian game in NZ for fear of being punched in the mouth............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Apparently truckloads of free tickets are being handed out for the NRL game in Wellington this week. Can you imagine the shame of the AFL getting a bigger crowd than the NRL over there. :lol:

Keep an eye on this one folks. It'll be interesting to see how much the crowd figures is fudged this weekend for the Warriors game at Westpac Stadium.
Stewie
Coach
Coach

Post by Stewie »

Beaussie wrote:
Apparently truckloads of free tickets are being handed out for the NRL game in Wellington this week.
You mean like the Storm do every home game? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raiderdave wrote:

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
Come to SA [-(

why would anyone go to that shitehole :-k

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Apparently truckloads of free tickets are being handed out for the NRL game in Wellington this week. Can you imagine the shame of the AFL getting a bigger crowd than the NRL over there. :lol:

Keep an eye on this one folks. It'll be interesting to see how much the crowd figures is fudged this weekend for the Warriors game at Westpac Stadium.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a tenth .. of the number handed out for the fumbleball
RL
killing it in Wellington :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Apparently truckloads of free tickets are being handed out for the NRL game in Wellington this week.
sure they do cockhead
sure
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Stewie
Coach
Coach

Post by Stewie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
sure they do cockhead
sure
The Storm advertise the fact they give away free tickets to the game you dunce! :lol:

You never seem to be able to find any proof of the Swans or Giants doing the same though.
Raiderdave wrote:

King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wow! Folks I have some more live reporting.

I just got a lift back to my hotel from the conference today by a kiwi lass. We were a fair way from the hotel so plenty of time to talk. When i mentioned I'm playing marngrook 'australian rules' footy she said wow. Then she said, who do you go for? I said sydney by default and that the comp if run well would have darwin playing who i would naturally go for. She said so you didnt come to wellington to watch sydney play... who did they play?? I said "no i didnt come to that match". She said she went and had a good time.

She also said "there were barely any there from nz, it was all australians". She said the pub afterwards was fun as it was "all drunk australians".

Well folks I think that pretty much sews it up. The game is an absolute novelty here, a novelty for very few people. I already knew this though, just thought you afl fans might benefit from knowing the facts.

No, dont thank me. It's just what i do.

KE, Live reporting from NZ... been here 5 times now, still without sighting one set of aussie rules posts.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Kia ora! :wave:

Well folks I'm preparing to leave the land of the long white cloud. It's been another nice stay, I really have a soft spot for this country. Unfortunately though for AFL fans I'd like to ever so gently lower your hopes and ambitions for expansion into this land. There simply is no hope during your lifetime :|. You'll never see it :|. And if you do, it will be the most disastrous decision the AFL have ever made, yes more devastating than the tsunami in western sydney :|. Again the impact will spread across the comp with lopsided matches increasing and millions upon millions being thrown down the gurglar :| .

Please, if any of you have any contacts within the AFL, please tell them, there's no hope in expansion over here .

Nga mihi and Yours Sincerely,
KE, Reporting Live from Aotearoa. :salute:

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Wow! Folks I have some more live reporting.

I just got a lift back to my hotel from the conference today by a kiwi lass. We were a fair way from the hotel so plenty of time to talk. When i mentioned I'm playing marngrook 'australian rules' footy she said wow. Then she said, who do you go for? I said sydney by default and that the comp if run well would have darwin playing who i would naturally go for. She said so you didnt come to wellington to watch sydney play... who did they play?? I said "no i didnt come to that match". She said she went and had a good time.

She also said "there were barely any there from nz, it was all australians". She said the pub afterwards was fun as it was "all drunk australians".

Well folks I think that pretty much sews it up. The game is an absolute novelty here, a novelty for very few people. I already knew this though, just thought you afl fans might benefit from knowing the facts.

No, dont thank me. It's just what i do.

KE, Live reporting from NZ... been here 5 times now, still without sighting one set of aussie rules posts.

well well

all Aussies eh
well pretty much

hmmmm

the crowd in Wello this sat for the NRL
it will be quite a different mob then a few weeks ago

as it will be all Kiwi
well pretty much anyway :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Yeah thx KE, very independent reporting.................not! Have so many kiwi friends in Melb how tell me although not played much or watched they are well aware of it, nor do they have any animosity. Maybe you should go to http://aflnz.co.nz/ it appears that another son of a RL player has gone to AF. Yeah it's unheard of in NZ keep telling yourselves that boys, keep convincing ur selfs. And we will keep convincing ur sons to play AF....LOL HAHAHA
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Who was signing the NZ national anthem I wonder lol. Are we sure KE is not Dave trying to sound educated ??? Trying lol
Veni, vidi, vici