Vicky Kicky dying in QLD

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Vicky Kicky dying in QLD

Post by King-Eliagh »

You are simply wrong KE re the suns anyway. I live here and there is plenty if suns in the news, they are quite visible and a solid core support . They're crowds are okay although could do with maybe 3 or 4 thousand more on average ... But they are a new team.
Tv viewers and crowd numbers proves you wrong phelpsy me boy. Sorry to crash your imaginary party, but that's the truth me boy. You're better off knowing now than living a life in delusion. When your emotions have settled, when the tears have dried up and your eyes become open.... Thank me.

Yours Truly,
KE
:afro:

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

From my experience Dave you have your ex pats , you have your locals who have always played/followed, and you have your dads getting into the game who are I retreated as sons play now .
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Phelpsy wrote:
Seriously folks. A rivalry which deserves naming is something which requires history and meaning to it, not some falsified notion which the AFL promotes to try and develop passion and support. Support is earnt and cannot be created from thin air like the afl is trying to do.

I agree with this KE ....
That's good phelpsy. You have a brain in your noggin.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Well maybe it's just my bubble I live in ... Which is fine . Afl doesn't need to dominant anyway ... It is rl heartland but living here I drive past several footy ovals, there is a big local leauge , suns get lots of media coverage and I think the tv ratings of was it 83 thousand on mate and pay tv are pretty good. Crowds could be a touch higher but only by about a few thousand, and there is a reasonable profile for the suns here. But in the end what's it matter. They could have none of that but I can watch games on ftA, can go to a game every week, a can watch my son play as well and read about afl In the papers . It doesn't matter to me if I'm the only one who follows the game really. I like baseball too but I'm not too concerned that it isn't popular much here.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Well KE I do have a brain and I don't need to be everything negative nrl or l positive afl ... So you can take it to the bank when I sat the suns are doing okay up here in the community .
Veni, vidi, vici
adamj1300
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by adamj1300 »

piesman2011 wrote:
So 2 teams are struggling to win games in qld and their crowds are down. Shock horror Dave concludes the game is dead in Qld.
its not all alarm bells, for the AFL, things arnt so flash for the NRL either
stats for the home games played on the GC
titans Suns
2010 17877k
2011 15428 19169
2012 14405 13645
interesting when the A league team Gold coast united, where playing
2009-10 5,297
2010-11 3,419
2011-12 3,000

as a long term prospect for the NRL and AFL it could be interesting times, as the stats show the crowds have slowly been dropping off in the last few years in all thee codes,although the GC united have folded.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2012.html
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/crowds/2012.html
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

Higher ratings for the AFL Anzac game in Brisbane than the nRL got in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth combined! If AFL is in trouble in QLD, exactly how would you describe the health of your game in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth?
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Drac wrote:
Higher ratings for the AFL Anzac game in Brisbane than the nRL got in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth combined! If AFL is in trouble in QLD, exactly how would you describe the health of your game in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth?
47K .... lets throw a party :lol: :lol: :lol:

VFL has been on FTA in prime time in Brisbane for 25 years
NRL in the sthn capitals for just ..... 2

if thats all the fumblers are attracting after 1/4 of a centrury
it is as good as dead :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Drac wrote:

in Melbourne ?

2 Million of them watched our 4 biggest games in 2012

thats about
60 games of VFL in Brissie ... :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Pete_09
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by Pete_09 »

The way the Lions are playing at the moment it does not suprise me that the crowds are dropping off big time. I have followed & loved them my whole life, but the crap they are dishing up at the moment (thanks in a big way to Voss's coaching) is testing me. I will still follow them but I just dont get as excited as I used to going to a game. It will pick up again if ther EVER get better.

P.S It scares me how small the crowd will be on Sunday against the low drawing Demons. If it rains it could be under 10,000 which would be a disaster for a team already losing heaps of money year in year out.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

We could see the suns by pass the lions sooner than later ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Pete_09
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by Pete_09 »

Yeah maybe. Although the Gold Coast is a tough market. But I def think the suns will make the finals & win a flag before the Lions do.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Raiderdave wrote:
Phelpsy wrote:
I live here and I'm ignorant as to what is going on?
yes

Gold that's like me telling you Dave that you have no idea as to how well afl is going in act lol. But it wouldn't be you if you didn't say stuff like that I guess :)
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

The thing is Pete is my reckoning that the Gold Coast is a unique town in where sport isn't followed in the same way or seen in the same light as it is in other towns. That is, it's not so much linked to the culture or make up of the town. Sure if a team is doing well, he'll if anything is doing well, they'll jump on it and own it in a flash .... Apart from that there is more the beach culture that makes up this town . There are die hard supporters for many of the sports that are on offer here , but many have their team as a secondary interest .
Maybe that's why teams have traditionally struggled here. The suns get as nearly as much media as the titans but it is the by product media for nrl in general that you see that it is an nrl town . The footy shows surrounding the game , afl on 7 mate , no footy classified or shows of similar ilk. But definitely suns have a nice market here that they need to grow. They want 20000 members as a kpi in a few years... If they're winning they'll do that easy . If...... They'll also get averages up to 16 000 I would say .
Veni, vidi, vici
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Phelpsy wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Phelpsy wrote:
I live here and I'm ignorant as to what is going on?
yes

Gold that's like me telling you Dave that you have no idea as to how well afl is going in act lol. But it wouldn't be you if you didn't say stuff like that I guess :)
what you think I don't know people who live on the GC ?

vicky kicky
dead as a door nail

end of :cool:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million