Vicky Kicky dying in QLD

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club
Been liked: 0

Re: Vicky Kicky dying in QLD

Post by Stewie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Stewie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Yes not a bad point ol pete.

It's still a far cry from 8 years ago though...
Well no shit, 8 years ago they had just played in 4 consecutive grand finals so of course their crowds were better. :roll:
Yes but you see stewie, before they played in their 4 consec gf's, they were not absolute basketcases like they are now. Did you see em struggle to beat melb on the weekend? :lol:
You mean like in the late 1990's when the Lions had just formed and they were averaging similar crowds to what they are now? And for the record I only saw the first half of that game and it looked like it was an entertaining contest with Melbourne playing much better than they had previously. I think they took their last quarter form from the GWS game into this game.
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Stewie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Stewie wrote:
Well no shit, 8 years ago they had just played in 4 consecutive grand finals so of course their crowds were better. :roll:
Yes but you see stewie, before they played in their 4 consec gf's, they were not absolute basketcases like they are now. Did you see em struggle to beat melb on the weekend? :lol:
You mean like in the late 1990's when the Lions had just formed and they were averaging similar crowds to what they are now? And for the record I only saw the first half of that game and it looked like it was an entertaining contest with Melbourne playing much better than they had previously. I think they took their last quarter form from the GWS game into this game.
It was a good contest. Lets see how Melbourne go over the next 5 weeks, I think they are looking better then they were at the start of the season.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

All depends how many basketcase sides melbourne have in the draw over the next 5 weeks. Lemme check. Oh, only one basketcase in the next five rounds pies. They might get the suns, if Khunt and co dont lift :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Fred
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Who are in the basket case these days ... A lot of teams on one win . North , west coast and saints all down the bottom ... Who would have thought that . I'm thinking the suns could finish out if bottom 6 at this stage
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Its still brissie, gws, melbs, gc and the western bulldogs phelpsy. Though the ladder may not show this right now, it will come end of season. Trust me bro.

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

It is making for quite the exciting season. I remember when saint kilda couldn't win a game for years. I think you have the ebbs and flows. I'm half confident that the suns will finish out if that 6. Half that is lol. I think west coast could be the ones to finish down there. The question probably isn't who finishes in the bottom six but how many games they win as compared to the also rands ... The 7 to 12 placed teams. The only upset I can think of from those six you mention are the suns over the saints. I think there will be more , bulldogs will beat a few teams and have the odd upset and Melbourne will upset a few too. I expect essendon to fall greatly, particularly if a number of players are wiped out.
Veni, vidi, vici
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Its still brissie, gws, melbs, gc and the western bulldogs phelpsy. Though the ladder may not show this right now, it will come end of season. Trust me bro.
You've obviously not seen the GC play this year. They're nowhere near as bad as their results make it seem. A bit like North. Suns should have beaten the Lions, had some solid quarters against the reining premiers in the wet, and won 50% of the quarters against a resurgent Port. They'll beat Melbourne in 2 weeks, and will push Freo this week.

They aren't far off full competitiveness at all.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

I agree, clearly they are a year down the development path and second part of season where GWS, Bulldogs, Melb will really struggle, wont effect them as greatly. I do have concerns for GWS their mids just like GC last year have stalled! Maybe instead of Buddy Franklin they should have looked around for those up and coming mids that were not getting a run at other clubs - rather than players with a name.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Nope I havent seen much of the suns this season drac. But I'm still quite confident they fit nicely into the basketcase league. I mean even brissie knocked em over :lol:

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Gee you may be right KE but I think they could finish higher than 6th ... However seems 5th to 11 th are all pretty strong ... Will wait and see.
Veni, vidi, vici