NRL Footy Show Facing the Axe

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

NRL Footy Show Facing the Axe

Post by Beaussie »

According to Rebecca Wilson in today's Sunday Telegraph:
Channel 9 heavies are taking a close look at the Footy Show's ratings after the program finished a poor third in the timeslot for the second week running and Nine was soundly beaten on the overall prime time figures. Ratings are down on last year, and nowhere near the dizzy heights of the mid-90s.
Bye, bye Fatty and co., you just don't rate I'm afraid. :lol:
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Although I'm not a fan of the NRL Footy Show, I believe the AFL show is facing a similar situation having read ratings performances for the show on other forums. Apparently it, too, rates a poor third.

Good news all round in my opinion, drop them both as they are both cringeworthy.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

At least the AFL version tries to have some focus on football - the NRL is simply a "jerkfest."
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

How about a combined AFL/NRL Footy Show on Channel 9? Would save footy fans having to stay up late to watch the damn thing depending on where one lives. Perhaps it might even improve the ratings.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ahh thankyou dizzy.

[quote="Dizzys_on_fire"]Although I'm not a fan of the NRL Footy Show, I believe the AFL show is facing a similar situation having read ratings performances for the show on other forums. Apparently it, too, rates a poor third.[quote]

The man who cried wolf strikes again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All class beaussie....all class!

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
MG

Post by MG »

Beaussie wrote:
How about a combined AFL/NRL Footy Show on Channel 9? Would save footy fans having to stay up late to watch the damn thing depending on where one lives. Perhaps it might even improve the ratings.
i cant see afl fans wanting to watch anything about league and vice versa. also, too many egos in one studio. eddie and fatty would end up fist fighting to see who's boss.

i watched the nrl footy show for 3 minutes last night and got a migraine. i saw some silly cuts of chief harrogan and his its gold line and thought i would vomit if i watched more.

is this as good as it gets?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:
Yeah the footy show is getting a bit that way.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

MG wrote:
i watched the nrl footy show for 3 minutes last night and got a migraine. i saw some silly cuts of chief harrogan and his its gold line and thought i would vomit if i watched more.

is this as good as it gets?
Time to wield the axe. I can't stand that fat fuck Harrogan. He actually thinks he is funny. The only ones who laugh are the monkeys sitting on the panel with him.

QLD viewers were at least spared the crap last night getting the Lions v Saints AFL game. Wonder how the ratings compared to the usual ratings the Footy Show gets? I'm confident that the footy would have killed the footy show.
big tommy
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by big tommy »

Tired olf format with inflated and heavily overpaid egos thrown in!
The Mighty Lions will Come Back to Life in 2006
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

ez I hope they don't take off the NRL show...I mean I get much business as your local Grim in collecting the souls who watch that show and end their misery because of the boredom....