AFL NZ Broadcast Deal

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL NZ Broadcast Deal

Post by eelofwest »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Haha can't give the coverage away.
They would have to pay a FTA network to take it on and even then the coverage would be horrendous compared to the AFL coverage in Aus.
Last edited by eelofwest on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Drac wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Sooooooooo, hows the Vfl TV deal going in the land of the long white cloud?

Any coverage yet?
Unfortunately the AFL is still tied with the nRL for FTA coverage in NZ. Don't worry, we'll be on FTA soon enough.

Yeah, like how the NRL has every game shown on Pay TV's biggest platform where some games have actually rated upwards or 500k (NZ population 4 million) plus clubs like Manly that have their own deals with TV stations like Maori TV where they show every manly game plus replays. Naaaaa, Rugby League hasn't got that.

I guess NZ will have to make do with showing their local competitions instead on Prime and whatnot along with all those damn pesky Representative games just gone and coming up, poor them :cry:
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

How does this effect you? What difference does it make to RL? Why do you care?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

I care because I'm a caring person, I want the little game that could reach its full potential, how bout you?
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

If AFL thrives how does that change your love and passion for NRL? Why do Sydney people have such a loathing for AFL (and it is mainly a Sydney thing). We hear reports and praise for the Storm all the time in Melb, we don't seem to get such fanatical hatred of NRL. We see AFL players go to their games and commentators on radio (particularly SEN the AFL radio stn) do nothing but support them. Why is Swans and GWS such a threat to you presumable its only people not supporting NRL or their particular NRL side is playing on another day - who are going to matches. Is it just the old hatred of Melb that's at the hart of it? I don't understand how a game could offend you soooo much?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Swans4ever wrote:
If AFL thrives how does that change your love and passion for NRL? Why do Sydney people have such a loathing for AFL (and it is mainly a Sydney thing). We hear reports and praise for the Storm all the time in Melb, we don't seem to get such fanatical hatred of NRL. We see AFL players go to their games and commentators on radio (particularly SEN the AFL radio stn) do nothing but support them. Why is Swans and GWS such a threat to you presumable its only people not supporting NRL or their particular NRL side is playing on another day - who are going to matches. Is it just the old hatred of Melb that's at the hart of it? I don't understand how a game could offend you soooo much?
This is the crux of the issue.
You don't hear Americans, Canadians putting down their national codes.
They simply say they prefer something else if that is the case.
I have rels that come over and say they "hate" AFL. How can you hate a sport".
I only "hate" people who have no logic and "hate" the Australian game and promote a derivative of an English private school game as Aussie.
The rl game has moderate appeal but that is no reason for some of their fans to carry on like total asswipe.
IMO some rl fans are doing their code a bid disservice by marginalising people.
Nice try Cos.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Tall poppy syndrome.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Its pretty sad really, heard one of the AFL players talking on SEN how he was speaking with Cameron Smith in private asking advice in how to maintain a winning culture etc. seems its just RL HQ and fanatical fans of NRL that have this attitude in Sydney. I have friends who follow Storm (not as much as AFL but would be prepared to go to a game). It doesn't seem like the players buy into it either - there also seems a lot of mutal respect. But this is in Melb, attitudes are a little bit frendlier to each other down here.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

cos789 wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
This is the crux of the issue.
You don't hear Americans, Canadians putting down their national codes.
They simply say they prefer something else if that is the case.
I have rels that come over and say they "hate" AFL. How can you hate a sport".
I only "hate" people who have no logic and "hate" the Australian game and promote a derivative of an English private school game as Aussie.
The rl game has moderate appeal but that is no reason for some of their fans to carry on like total asswipe.
IMO some rl fans are doing their code a bid disservice by marginalising people.

Pot kettle black anyone........................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel a lets all be fwends talk coming on..........................Go and get fucked is all i got to say to that............ smell the fear Dave, Parra its all over this place now...............:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess when you start poaching our players IE, Issy and Hunt then parade them out in front off us like circus animals things get personal and the gloves come off, comprende................ :wink:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

What about RU you did the same to them for years - if RL wanted someone you wouldn't hesitate to do the same! You are a hypocrite don't claim some moral high ground - football is a business after all thats what happens in business - didn't stop RL trying to get him back and break his contract! The simple fact here is its not the game of RL that annoys me its not the fans going enjoying it certainly not the players - its immature fucks like you that are so pathetic and ignorant that it surprises me your user name isn't Adolfeelofwest!
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

Swans4ever wrote:
What about RU you did the same to them for years - if RL wanted someone you wouldn't hesitate to do the same! You are a hypocrite don't claim some moral high ground - football is a business after all thats what happens in business - didn't stop RL trying to get him back and break his contract! The simple fact here is its not the game of RL that annoys me its not the fans going enjoying it certainly not the players - its immature fucks like you that are so pathetic and ignorant that it surprises me your user name isn't Adolfeelofwest!

Um who is the ones complaining about the bad treatment they get in Syd????????????????

Its you guys so i am confused at why you guys are asking the question....................... :-k :-k :-k

You guys stole our players paraded them in front of us and now you wander why you get rough treatment from NRL fans............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swannie my Boy have a glass of cement and harden the fuck up mate.......... :wink: :wink:

You want us NRL fans to provide tissues for you on this site, it can be arranged.......... :wink:

Anymore emotional outbursts we should be made aware off swannie?????................. :lol: :lol:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

How about you grow a spine you dumb fuck - RL doesn't get the treatment in Melb that AFL gets in Syd - and has recieved since Syd Swans 1st moved there, way before Issy - it's you pathetic, insular and paranoid wankers that keep going on because deep down you know your 30 yrs behind us! Have a good look in the mirror you gutless wonder and admit that ur full of shit and everything you like to crap on about is nothing but bull dust! Your a hypocrite and a coward - AFL is not perfect but AF is just a game like RL, you don't have to like it but be brave enough to admit there plenty that do particularly in NSW/QLD. I came from Syd and moved to Melb and people like you are the reason RL is behind not the AFL!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Even their boss said on the footy show that they were about 15 years behind the afl.

Brett guerra on channel 7 footy show when asked if he didn't play afl what would he play. A standard question . He said he quite liked rl and was a big fan of the storm and tries to get to every home game. This wasn't an issue. Not should it be.
Veni, vidi, vici