meet the VFL's integrity commissioner

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: meet the VFL's integrity commissioner

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
Xman wrote:
Striker wrote:
It should be happening NOW! Delay the draft! Screw the other clubs! They should be happy to delay it in order to make sure the Crows get theirs!
the fact is it will make little to no difference to the other clubs. So they get pick 21 instead of pick 22. Oh the horror!

The allegations are serious. They need to follow due process and the matter only came to light in recent weeks. The draft is fine to proceed. If the crows are guilty theyll suffer in due time.
They should suffer immediately. No draft picks at all to begin with. Right now they'll get picks and the players they pick will end up in limbo! Did you think of that??

El's right even with the crystal ball. You can't deny they're a chance!
Why would they end up in limbo? Once they are selected theyre selected. If they are punished after the draft theyll keep these players. However, theyre kids. They wont make an impact on their senior list for 2-4 years.

There is no reason why they cant be punished next year theyll still suffer the same fate, just one year later. If Carlton suffered one year later theyd still have the same period of on field failure, just delayed by one year. Whats the biggy? :-k If anything it may mean they will suffere more since their picks this year are fairly poor. Next year they may have better picks because the suns and giants wont hae so many early picks.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm

Post by Striker »

You don't get it do you? They have full rights this draft, and that will deny other clubs access to those players that the other clubs would get if the punishment is brought on first! Players drafted to Adelaide in this draft will be stuck with a club that will be fined heavily when they are the Power are already under the financial pump, so they'll get paid a pittance to the point that there's no point playing! In limbo! Future drafts don't matter. It's this one that counts, and Adelaide should be kicked out altogether!

If the AFL had any integrity that is!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Xman wrote:
Ahh no. We realise the punishment has medium to long term affects and its irrelevant whether they are applied today or next year.
:lol: Meanwhile the crows become 2013 Champs :lol: I repeat, in all my years a dumber bunch of simple simons I've not come across :lol:
wow, wheres that crystal ball oh great oracle? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's stopping them simon? :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman wrote:
draft picks have no impact on the field, not until after they've played for 2-4 years.

:lol: no impact whatsoever eh Xman? :lol: So the NAB rising stars do nothing for their side? Hahaha and going on this list the vast majority of them were drafted the off season prior to their intro to the big league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL_Rising_Star

Oh Xman, give yourself a few more of these babies #-o #-o #-o

:lol:

xman wrote:
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Ive skipped some of the posts on this thread but I think I understand how the league fans are thinking. So the plan from the league fans is to punish the team first and investigate it after. Is this correct? If so it explains why the NRL has been run so well over the years.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

No pies I think you'd better get back and read the posts more carefully. The NRL way is to punish as soon as you find out the wrongdoing which has occurred. Thus quashing any advantage the team may gain by cheating. AFL way seems to be.... well we know what happened but lets continue as normal until we think we know every single detail i.e. conduct an "ongoing investigation"until this one blows over with our simple simon fanbase, and then dish out a minor punishment or no punishment as a means to make our game look cleaner than it is. All the while said cheating team can have the opportunity to win the comp whilst cheating... [-X

Its worth your while cheating in the AFL. [-X

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
You don't get it do you? They have full rights this draft, and that will deny other clubs access to those players that the other clubs would get if the punishment is brought on first! Players drafted to Adelaide in this draft will be stuck with a club that will be fined heavily when they are the Power are already under the financial pump, so they'll get paid a pittance to the point that there's no point playing! In limbo! Future drafts don't matter. It's this one that counts, and Adelaide should be kicked out altogether!

If the AFL had any integrity that is!
Wow, you really havent got a clue. :roll:

Players drafted to Adelaide will be paid what the AFLPA EBA dictates. They cant be underpaid because the Crows get fined! :roll: Each AFL club is forced to pay up to 95% of the full salary cap no matter what their financial position.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

piesman2011 wrote:
Ive skipped some of the posts on this thread but I think I understand how the league fans are thinking. So the plan from the league fans is to punish the team first and investigate it after. Is this correct? If so it explains why the NRL has been run so well over the years.
:lol:

Yeah, funny how they want blood before the hearing.

The crows only found out about these serious charges within the last month. Seriously, whats wrong with giving them their due right to defend themselves?

How can they ban the Crows from the draft before they are even found guilty? How can they find them guilty without letting them organise their defense?