media giggles at the VFL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

media giggles at the VFL

Post by Raiderdave »

probably because its a joke
but this is no laughing matter

the most serious .. of a long long list of issues .. from drug policies that are failing miserably ..to the financial issues half its clubs are facing
Tanking should be on the top of the list
there is nothing that has more potential to harm the already in question integrity of this sport ... then tanking

& what do we get from the VFL on this most serious of issues
but but but .. & derp derp derp .. 8-[
seriously anyone would think that brain washed merino.. marcus wrote the press release :lol: :lol:

a disgrace ...
the NRL had the police in on the allegation one of their matches was fixed in 5 minutes .. because it realised it was a criminal offence & it couldn't .. nor should it ..handle the investigation .itself
it has way too much integrity to be seen to be covering anything up
it seems the arrogant VFL .. has no such problems
for shame .. for shame [-X [-X [-( [-(

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226497346574

Quote:
The phoney war - few shots fired in AFL tanking probe

Jon Ralph
October 16, 2012 11:00PM

ENTIRE wars have been fought in 77 days; governments have been toppled.

Yet the media actually giggled yesterday as Adrian Anderson paused for effect, then described the AFL's tanking investigation as "ongoing".

An investigation that started on July 31 with the promise to scrutinise Melbourne's alleged tanking culture - then expand to any other club if evidence emerged - shows no sign of resolution.

The cynics believe the AFL's findings will be dropped at 11pm on New Year's Eve.

Anderson countered yesterday that, "It will take as long as it takes to do a thorough and proper job".

Yet when you consider who AFL integrity officer Brett Clothier has and hasn't talked to, it is hard to mount a case that the AFL is trying desperately to uncover every skerrick of wrongdoing.

In 77 days Clothier and his cohorts could interview every coach and player at Melbourne three times.

They could talk to every club ever accused of any form of tanking.

So why launch a competition-wide probe when no one really wants to find anything?

How many times has Brock McLean been spoken to?

Just once, according to those close to him.

McLean basically repeated his allegations in the On The Couch interview - that he had a "gut feel" but no proof something was dodgy.

At Carlton, how many people have been interviewed about its dark days of tanking?

Just two - McLean, and forward scout Barry Prendergast and only because he was Melbourne's recruiter during that period.

Former Carlton coach Brett Ratten admitted the league had previously spoken to him about tanking, but no one else at Visy Park has felt the blowtorch surrounding the so-called Kreuzer Cup.

Brendan Fevola wrote at length in his recent book about tanking at Carlton. Has anyone given Fev a bell?

No doubt at Melbourne, chief executive Cameron Schwab and then-coach Dean Bailey are among those who have been interviewed.

But given warnings of massive penalties to anyone who admitted tanking, would Schwab or Dean Bailey or anyone else feel like airing any dirty laundry?

"I do understand there is cynicism but it is misplaced," Anderson said yesterday.

But how can we not be cynical when two weeks into an active investigation Demetriou stated: "If (Clothier) gets to the bottom of something then we will deal with it but at the moment there's no evidence to sustain this allegation of tanking."

The AFL needs not only to do justice in this investigation, but to be seen to do justice.

The only people who should be giggling are those at rivals clubs with dark secrets, because they are no chance at all to be found.
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: media giggles at the VFL

Post by King-Eliagh »

Lordy lordy me....oh my, oh me...lordy lordy. This is a freakin joke. What, they've interviewed about 8 people in 77 days? Yes, it seems the stakes are too high for an organisation that dishonestly lauds itself as leading the way in ethical business practices while all the evidence suggests the place is rife with racism, invalid and misleading participation data, connections to child slave labour rackets and, among other things, rife with tanking...My oh my oh my, can we ever trust this org? [-X [-X [-X

Xman ya big wooly merino with dags hangin off ya, get in here and defend your sinking ship of an organisation! Spout a bit of demetriou rhetoric or somethin. :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Lordy lordy me....oh my, oh me...lordy lordy. This is a freakin joke. What, they've interviewed about 8 people in 77 days? Yes, it seems the stakes are too high for an organisation that dishonestly lauds itself as leading the way in ethical business practices while all the evidence suggests the place is rife with racism, invalid and misleading participation data, connections to child slave labour rackets and, among other things, rife with tanking...My oh my oh my, can we ever trust this org? [-X [-X [-X

Xman ya big wooly merino with dags hangin off ya, get in here and defend your sinking ship of an organisation! Spout a bit of demetriou rhetoric or somethin. :lol:

it is a corrupt ..filthy.. low ..comp E
how can any person with all the evidence in front of them.. come to any other conclusion ?

Lance Armstrong has integrity up the wazoo .. compared to this lot
for shame .. for shame [-X [-X [-( [-(
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

so the story here is that the AFL are taking their time to investigate these allegations thoroughly... :-k

Wow, how shocking! Especially given the priority is no longer available! :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Taking their time Xman? Looks like they're doing nothing at all more like it.

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Taking their time Xman? Looks like they're doing nothing at all more like it.
"looks like" :roll:

As if you would know
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well its clear to all they've done very little in 77 days. But yes, as you suggest they must be thorough in their process so as not to ruffle any feathers or find out the truth so to say. :wink:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Well its clear to all they've done very little in 77 days. But yes, as you suggest they must be thorough in their process so as not to ruffle any feathers or find out the truth so to say. :wink:
It's hardly an urgent matter since the issue is essentially mute now. However the allegations and punishment are potentially staggering, so why rush it?

How long did the NrL take to investigate the storms cheating? :-k
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
needless to say E

with anything that might harm the reputation of the VFL is concerned

its
wheres that carpet ?

sweep sweep 8-[

a low .... low game [-X [-X [-( [-(
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
needless to say E

with anything that might harm the reputation of the VFL is concerned

its
wheres that carpet ?

sweep sweep 8-[

a low .... low game [-X [-X [-( [-(
maybe They just put it under their tinfoil hats :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
about a week after they were tipped off
& about 3 days
from the time the whispers started to the time they announced the penalties

it was swift
it was brutal

the NRL did not muck around with this serious issue as the entire comps integrity was under scrutiny
the NRL had the police involved with the match fixing allegation within 2 days of this allegation being made by a betting company
as everyone can see .. the NRL takes nothing more seriously then its integrity.

the VFL has been tipped off by no less then 8 different sources .. that tanking is rife in its elite comp
& here we are 77 days later
& almost nothing has happend .... zip ... nada
not only is it shameful ... it is criminal ... how anyone forks over their hard earned to bet on this corrupt .. seedy rubbish sport is beyond me

a low ... low game
[-X [-X [-( [-(
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
& about 3 days

it was swift
it was brutal

the NRL did not muck around with this serious issue as the entire comps integrity was under scrutiny
the NRL had the police involved with the match fixing allegation within 2 days of this allegation being made by a betting company

the VFL has been tipped off by no less then 8 different sources .. that tanking is rife in its elite comp
not only is it shameful ... it is criminal ... how anyone forks over their hard earned to bet on this corrupt .. seedy rubbish sport is beyond me

a low ... low game
[-X [-X [-( [-(
difference being the demons didnt win the GF and the priority pick has already been abolished, so the guilty verdict and punishment will not affect future games.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
& about 3 days

it was swift
it was brutal

a low ... low game
[-X [-X [-( [-(
difference being the demons didnt win the GF and the priority pick has already been abolished, so the guilty verdict and punishment will not affect future games.
Marcus .... this is the point
the point ..... this is marcus

bout time you guys met

yous should take some time to get to know each other ...... :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

How does one prove salary cap cheating? Easy. Here's the player contracts and here is what they are actually paid. Completely objective and evidence based.

How does one prove tanking? Well, "it looks like they werent trying"....hmm now that's objective evidence! :roll:

Clearly they aren't the same
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
& about 3 days

it was swift
it was brutal

a low ... low game
[-X [-X [-( [-(
Yes superb overview and summary above dave. The NRL --- a stark contrast in terms of ethics, conviction and transparency, to the shady underbelly of the AFL. :|

xman wrote: