AFL - participation numbers boom

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL - participation numbers boom

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Brain washed merinos indeed. You make some very pertinent points here Dave. It's a complete debacle these figures. As i suggested, the area of participation subtley titled 'schools' is the obvious give away. A 'catch all' if you like.

I can just imagine the discussions down at AFL HQ now.

Demetriou: *as he scoffs down a box of crispy cream doughnuts* Shiiiit fellas, GWS and the GC are screwing us big time, we need to look bigger than we are...*pauses to scoff another doughnut and continues with his mouth full* so pffheople think wveverythings going all wwight...fffwhat the fwwarrk are phwe gunna do!!??

Head honcho 1: *while scratching his head* I dunno boss, we already call ourselves the national game while we really only have teams in southern australia.

Head honcho two: *burps after sipping on his coke* I know we got done by the federal govt for fudging our participation numbers the other year but is there any way we can get away with fudging our numbers again? Imagine if we came out and said we have almost a miiiiiiiillliion participating in the sport...people'd think we're huge.

Demtriou: *looks despairingly into the empty carton of what was a dozen crispy cream doughnuts and lifts the box above his pie eater, tapping the remaining crumbs into his mouth* You're right now how can we fudge this thing even more...?

Head honcho 1: Well we got these four sections of participation - NAB AFL Auskick, clubs, schools and Cadbury AFL 9s. Every fukkin kid in australia is registered in schools right?

Demetriou: :-k You're fukkin right 'schoooOOOooools'. Get that schools participation figure pumped up to billio, and then report on how awesome we are to the press pronto! Australia and the press, nothin but a bunch of brain washed merinos, they'll soak it up and think we're awesome and huuuuge :<> . And get me another fukkin box o' crispy creme doughnuts!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
yep.... spot on E

even our Federal Govt did not fall for the vicky kicky spin on ausfudge numbers
they are BS they said [-X [-X [-(

end of :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Drac wrote:

so what ?
its not a secret that RL doesn't have the playing numbers of some sports

RL has a reputation as a hard sport to play .. pyshical & demanding
a lot of kids in NSW ,QLD & the ACT want to emulate their NRL heros & play our game in the winter months...
but they are of a slight build & mummy will not let them as she believes its too rough
so they play the far softer game of soccer ... hence why soccer is our nations most played sport ...
they also play touch football & oz tag .. which are non or low contact versions of RL

in the VFL states ..... VFL is probably softer then soccer .. so mummies have no problem with their skinny weedy little sons playing it
seriously .. the only way their sons would get hurt playing VFL is pulling on those tight shorts :lol: :lol:

but regardless ..RL's participation levels continue to grow each year
our modified rules games u6-u12 ( mini league & mod league ) are statistically very safe to play ..
with a wheel barrow full of cash next year we will take our game to every nook & cranny ... educating parents across Aust
that there is no better sport to play then ours
& each year .. more & more are agreeing :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

or its a better, more fun game with less bogans and less unnecessary violence. :wink:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Drac
Coach
Coach

Post by Drac »

Here's the rub:

League playing numbers are increasing. But they're increasing at a slower pace, and from a lower base than Australian Football. Now you can dismiss the Australian Football growth figures as being 'fudgey wudgey', that's your perojative. But in reality, my sport of choice is going gangbusters at grass roots level. For all the talk of AFL invading WS/GC, there's been a secret emphasis on footy in the bush. The AFL has been subsidising the insurance premiums of AR clubs in the country, which has helped keep them afloat during tough times that are really hurting League clubs. It's this sort of investment and commitment that has given the sport the edge, and continues to do so.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

'schools' :lol:

The AFL sure are a innovative in playing the pied piper to that bunch at brain washed merinos.

In this pic I see some honcho from AFL HQ followed by Xman, Beaussie and Drac :lol: Who do you see RD?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:

The AFL sure are a innovative in playing the pied piper to that bunch at brain washed merinos.

In this pic I see some honcho from AFL HQ followed by Xman, Beaussie and Drac :lol: Who do you see RD?

:lol: :lol:

gold

baaaaaaaa
baaaaaaaaaaaaa

:lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Drac
Coach
Coach

Post by Drac »

In this picture I see a typical NSWRL crowd featuring Dave and Eliagh.

Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:

Yeah, how dare they introduce sporting activities into the local schools! Kids now days should have less activities and more TV/computer time! :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

Yeah, how dare they introduce sporting activities into the local schools! Kids now days should have less activities and more TV/computer time! :roll:
Fail. :lol:

Pick up yer game and follow the thread Xman.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

The nRL promotes obesity in people. It's unfortunate that kids in NSW have role models such as this bloke...

Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
Drac
Coach
Coach

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

RL growing in size.
Nice try Cos.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Stewie wrote:
Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

The nRL promotes obesity in people. It's unfortunate that kids in NSW have role models such as this bloke...

stewie tried this on .. at LU

he kept putting up pictures of indigenous NRL players
no white guys
just Aboriginal players .. each & every picture

he was branded a racist bogan ( most fans of whiteywhiteball are .. so no biggie ) & ran outta the joint with his tails between his legs cryin like a sheila
ah .. good times
good times :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
Xman wrote:

stewie tried this on .. at LU

he kept putting up pictures of indigenous NRL players
no white guys
just Aboriginal players .. each & every picture

he was branded a racist bogan ( most fans of whiteywhiteball are .. so no biggie ) & ran outta the joint with his tails between his legs cryin like a sheila
ah .. good times
good times :wink:
Actually I just Googled fat nRL players, got the first 3 pics and posted them on there. As expected no nRL fan wanted to discuss the issue at hand (fat nRL players considered athletes in NSW and QLD) so instead retorted to playing the racist card. :-k ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout