AFL - participation numbers boom

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL - participation numbers boom

Post by cos789 »

Even if you dispute what the actual figures mean, the relative worth is in the fact the AFL is presently in a sound position and now they are going to be even better. i question the accuracy of ratings but their relative merits provide valuable information.

Nice try Cos.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:
Dave, did you actually read the report or did you just skim through it looking for random figures?

223,700 was the number of MALE CHILDREN playing Australian Football in 2009-10.

so 230 or 240K played all up with girls included

so what.... it aint 800K in 2012 plus D head ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'd almost think there was another group of sporting participants.....what are they called again? God, it's on the tip of my tongue! Not children, the other things...the things that children grow up into....

I wonder....I wonder if table 14.13 measures the participation numbers of these.....'non-children', these people over the age of 15. Adults! That's the term I was looking for! Adults.

223,700 male children, 227,600 male adults. So 450kish not including female adults or children, many of whom participate in Auskick. Given the increases in playing numbers (especially among women) that have been described in 2010, 2011, and now 2012, yes, I think it's plausible that numbers across all age groups and genders have increased to their current figure.
Dave, I don't like to call you names because of your cognitive disabilities, but you Sir, are a toilet.
you are seriously saying you think they've doubled in 2 years
8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh good lord
hey E

we've got another brain washed merino here ... baaaaaing away
devoid of independant thought
just baaaaaaa

baaaaaaaa

baaaaaaaa

RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

so 230 or 240K played all up with girls included

so what.... it aint 800K in 2012 plus D head ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'd almost think there was another group of sporting participants.....what are they called again? God, it's on the tip of my tongue! Not children, the other things...the things that children grow up into....

I wonder....I wonder if table 14.13 measures the participation numbers of these.....'non-children', these people over the age of 15. Adults! That's the term I was looking for! Adults.

223,700 male children, 227,600 male adults. So 450kish not including female adults or children, many of whom participate in Auskick. Given the increases in playing numbers (especially among women) that have been described in 2010, 2011, and now 2012, yes, I think it's plausible that numbers across all age groups and genders have increased to their current figure.
Dave, I don't like to call you names because of your cognitive disabilities, but you Sir, are a toilet.
8-[

oh good lord
hey E

just baaaaaaa

baaaaaaaa

baaaaaaaa

Wow, how stupid are you! 450K males only! :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Xman, I don't know why you bother with dumbass dave.
Nice try Cos.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:

8-[

oh good lord
hey E

just baaaaaaa

baaaaaaaa

baaaaaaaa

:lol: :lol:
how many females do you think play d head

I mean I know they're all girls .... but actual members of the opposite sex I'm talking about .. not prissy poncing boys who act like females

how many ? :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
8-[

oh good lord
hey E

just baaaaaaa

baaaaaaaa

baaaaaaaa

I mean I know they're all girls .... but actual members of the opposite sex I'm talking about .. not prissy poncing boys who act like females

That was 2 years ago Dave
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

That was 2 years ago Dave
the figure for females from 2 years ago ... was it 10% .. 15% ?..we know its a soft girly sport .. attractive to females because of this
45K to 70K
that makes it 495K to 520K all up ...

it would STILL need an astronomical % increase to get to 850K .. 2 years later
it of course didn't
because the VFL... is full of sh.it :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Ah no Dave. Auskick, school comps and adult comps would involve many females. 150k two years ago would make 600k. An increase of 200k over 2 years is impressive I agree. =D>

The sport is far more popular with the other sex Dave, unlike RL. :wink:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Ah no Dave. Auskick, school comps and adult comps would involve many females. 150k two years ago would make 600k. An increase of 200k over 2 years is impressive I agree. =D>

33% .... what a merino you are

baaaaaa
baaaaaaaaaaaa

RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

baaaaaa
baaaaaaaaaaaa

you clearly have never been to auskick
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:

baaaaaa
baaaaaaaaaaaa

ausfudge ?
where you walk within sight of a sherrin .. & you're suddenly one of its participants ... like my daughter last year ?
that ausfudge ?
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

baaaaaa
baaaaaaaaaaaa

ausfudge ?
where you walk within sight of a sherrin .. & you're suddenly one of its participants ... like my daughter last year ?
that ausfudge ?
Tinfoil hat stuff again Dave. Got any actual facts behind your shite?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Brain washed merinos indeed. You make some very pertinent points here Dave. It's a complete debacle these figures. As i suggested, the area of participation subtley titled 'schools' is the obvious give away. A 'catch all' if you like.

I can just imagine the discussions down at AFL HQ now.

Demetriou: *as he scoffs down a box of crispy cream doughnuts* Shiiiit fellas, GWS and the GC are screwing us big time, we need to look bigger than we are...*pauses to scoff another doughnut and continues with his mouth full* so pffheople think wveverythings going all wwight...fffwhat the fwwarrk are phwe gunna do!!??

Head honcho 1: *while scratching his head* I dunno boss, we already call ourselves the national game while we really only have teams in southern australia.

Head honcho two: *burps after sipping on his coke* I know we got done by the federal govt for fudging our participation numbers the other year but is there any way we can get away with fudging our numbers again? Imagine if we came out and said we have almost a miiiiiiiillliion participating in the sport...people'd think we're huge.

Demtriou: *looks despairingly into the empty carton of what was a dozen crispy cream doughnuts and lifts the box above his pie eater, tapping the remaining crumbs into his mouth* You're right now how can we fudge this thing even more...?

Head honcho 1: Well we got these four sections of participation - NAB AFL Auskick, clubs, schools and Cadbury AFL 9s. Every fukkin kid in australia is registered in schools right?

Demetriou: :-k You're fukkin right 'schoooOOOooools'. Get that schools participation figure pumped up to billio, and then report on how awesome we are to the press pronto! Australia and the press, nothin but a bunch of brain washed merinos, they'll soak it up and think we're awesome and huuuuge :<> . And get me another fukkin box o' crispy creme doughnuts!

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Brain washed merinos indeed. You make some very pertinent points here Dave. It's a complete debacle these figures. As i suggested, the area of participation subtley titled 'schools' is the obvious give away. A 'catch all' if you like.

I can just imagine the discussions down at AFL HQ now.

Demetriou: *as he scoffs down a box of crispy cream doughnuts* Shiiiit fellas, GWS and the GC are screwing us big time, we need to look bigger than we are...*pauses to scoff another doughnut and continues with his mouth full* so pffheople think wveverythings going all wwight...fffwhat the fwwarrk are phwe gunna do!!??

Head honcho 1: *while scratching his head* I dunno boss, we already call ourselves the national game while we really only have teams in southern australia.

Head honcho two: *burps after sipping on his coke* I know we got done by the federal govt for fudging our participation numbers the other year but is there any way we can get away with fudging our numbers again? Imagine if we came out and said we have almost a miiiiiiiillliion participating in the sport...people'd think we're huge.

Demtriou: *looks despairingly into the empty carton of what was a dozen crispy cream doughnuts and lifts the box above his pie eater, tapping the remaining crumbs into his mouth* You're right now how can we fudge this thing even more...?

Head honcho 1: Well we got these four sections of participation - NAB AFL Auskick, clubs, schools and Cadbury AFL 9s. Every fukkin kid in australia is registered in schools right?

Demetriou: :-k You're fukkin right 'schoooOOOooools'. Get that schools participation figure pumped up to billio, and then report on how awesome we are to the press pronto! Australia and the press, nothin but a bunch of brain washed merinos, they'll soak it up and think we're awesome and huuuuge :<> . And get me another fukkin box o' crispy creme doughnuts!
and the ABS figures? Would you like to disagree with these too?

Get out your tinfoil hats boys! :lol:
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:
ausfudge ?
that ausfudge ?
Oh God. Oh God no. He reproduced? I always assumed he was 15, what with the grammar and all.

This is the EXACT plot to the movie Idiocracy.

Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality