What about the fastest code?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

What about the fastest code?

Post by King-Eliagh »

In my opinion again i think rugby league takes the cake. Since the ten metre rule started the pace of the game has intensified. Leagues fast men are yards quicker than the afl and union lads, and the game as a whole is full of players in fast motion. And when a break is made the split second thinking and movement is quite dazzling compared to the slower codes. Just great to watch! :D

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

What drugs are you on? Fair dinkum just look at the physique of an AFL player and compare that to the lard arses rolling around in the mud on a rugby league field.

Artie Beetson
Steve Roach
Georgie Piper
Martin Bella
Peter Peters

All porkers, need I list more? As everyone knows, rugby league is for those that couldn't keep up with the pace of a fast action packed football game like Australian Football.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I cant say i follow the afl as much as you follow the league, as much as i enjoy it :lol: . However two names come to mind plugger lockett and dipper.

And who are Peter peters and Georgie Piper?

You have listed forwards who played in an era where the game was slower (although the fast men were still quicker than afl fast men).

As for the physique of afl players? I think you are looking at their bodies in a sexual way rather than understanding that physique is of a secondary nature when speed is concerned. Its all about training and fast twitch fibres ie white blood cells to red blood cells ratio. You see afl is predominantly an endurance sport whereas league has a blend of predominant endurance players (for the players involved around the ruck)
and predominant speed players (the outside backs and fullbacks.) Although in any given situation you will see players with very high levels of both. Its this very blend that gives the viewer a fuller more holistic experience in relation to viewing the different types of fitness.

I'll say it again if its speed you like watch the NRL this winter.

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Fair dinkum what kind of league fan are you not to have ever heard of Peter Peters of Georgie Piper?

Onto the game itself, we start with a kick off, then tackle, stop, re-start, tackle, stop, re-start, tackle, stop, re-start, tackle, stop, re-start, kick for the touch line and get a breather before a useless heap of fat arses lock together only to collapse and start again. Gees it sure is hard to keep up with a rugby league game. Certainly not predictable that's for sure. :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: :lol:

It is very simple to dumb any sport down.

AFL: Kick, catch, stop, kick, catch, stop, kick, drop, scramble around like a bunch of chooks pecking at seed, stop and wait for guy in rediculous white getup to lob overhead, scramble like chooks, stop and wait for guy in ridiculous white getup to lob overhead, and repeat.

Sport is always predictable for the most part, its the unpredictable parts, and the amazing skill that draw us to watch. League is lightning quick compared to afl when these unpredictable events occur.

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You're deluded if you think rugby league is a faster game than Australian Football. Mate just look at the physiques of the players in each code. Fuck it would be funny to see that fat arse Riddel as an example playing AFL. He'd be on the bench within 3 minutes puffing and panting and ready to go back to rugby league.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: Riddell is a fatty, but he's an Eels fatty now and we're happy to have him. Now I never said riddell would be successful in afl. Think of josh fraser in league, he would be split in two in the first two mins of taking on someone like riddell.

Riddell is in no way the typical physique in league. There is a variet of physiques in league, many more than in afl IMO. And again physique is not a predeterminer to speed. I'd say over 100 metres nathan hindmarsh would be quicker than the majority of afl players. A rhys wesser, or billy slater would most probably beat any afl player going round over the 100. I wish someone would set up some races actually to prove these points.

At top speed league is much quicker than afl, just look at the breaks, they dont have to bounce the ball or kick every 10 or so metres, its pure sprinting and agility at high speed, marvellous to watch dont you think beaussie?

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You very rarely see a sprint in rugby league and only a few players in a team are actually capable of a short sprint. With that in mind how could you say league is a faster game? There are too many porkers in league and there is a reason for that. They are obviously more suited to that game as it is a slower paced affair.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Interesting points there beaussie. I'd say you see atleast 5 sprints/breaks in a league game, this doesnt mean full length field sprints. And then you have fullbacks moving at almost or top speed almost everytime they do a kick return. And whenever the ball gets towards the outside backs (two or three times in most sets of six) you will often see high speed.

As for the few players who are capable of short sprints I would say on average 6 or 7 players in each team of 13 run the 100 in well under twelve seconds.

The porkers you mention are becoming few and far between nowadays. I do have a soft spot for any fatty that can hold his own in sport.

AFL is quick at times but I'd say its definitely more endurance and hence slower. The game is longer and the field is bigger. League still much quicker in my books. Physique or flabberguts the game is quicker on the whole.

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Another point worth raising is the dimensions of the fields. An AFL ground is much larger and the games go for longer. This is just my opinion, but I don't think any rugby league player could keep up with the fast paced nature of Australian Football. Switching to another slow, stop, start game like union is and has proven to be their best bet.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Interesting point, alot of league players ie the forwards wouldnt go the distance in afl, they get regular breaks in league. However i think for the others ie backs one offseason of training would be all they'd need to adjust to the differing fitness requirements, on the other hand I feel it would be a more difficult, longer process for an afl player to build the muscular endurance, strength and power necessary to complete a league match. The match toughness required is also something you cant train for.

xman wrote: